Article: Painting a Golden Demon Flying Hive Tyrant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Painting a Golden Demon Flying Hive Tyrant

Default Article: Painting a Golden Demon Flying Hive Tyrant

Thank you for the insight from a Tyranid master. I DO like the way you do your carapace.

YAAA!!! I saw this one at Games Day and loved it!

Thank you for the great insight, this was very informative, as you really took the time to list the important colors and painting steps.

How did you make the scything talons? (love this piece so much I ordered one from Forgeworld to do for myself!)

Jarrett

I love this, I think I`m gonna buy a cheap Tyranid to paint it for a Online Painting Competion. But can you please explain the Triangle technique to me a bit more?

Love it! Could you please explain the technique on the armour a bit more to me?

Forge World has scything tallons now for it. But I think it is only for the walking one. I made my tallons out of Sculpty and filed them down to the shape I wanted.

Here is the more in depth article on painting the armor. http://www.coolminiornot.com/article/aid/66

I think I'm gonna crap my pants....I want to paint one of these so badly right now ( Just to rub it in the face of a tyranid player in my local venue)

One word: unbelivable!!!

You deserved the first place!!!

That is the best painted tyranid model ever! end of!

U rule all.....i am a mere mortal oh great one

Excellent on all accounts. Congrats on the well deserved win.

Wow thanks forthe great article, I will have to try this out myself. Now where can I find this Floating medium that you talk about?

The floating medium (extender) is used like water to thin the paints and make glazes. Winsor-Newton also makes one called Flow-Aid that works very well too. Folk Art makes extender also, it can be found at Arts and Crafts store.
    Thanks for the comments all!

fabuleux. J'adore l'aspect des plaques osseuses. Et le socle ne gâche en rien la beauté de la figurine.

Nice Article - Nicer Mini

I may start Tyranids soon & recently did a Saurus Oldblood with a Similar (But not as well executed) method.

This article will help me take my method to the next level. Thanks again & congrats.

Fantastic article, fantastic painting! Thanks!

Great article, and fantastic figure.

loyd