Article: 'Rusty Gold' tutorial
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: 'Rusty Gold' tutorial

Looks very good, nice and simple technique; and no, gold does not rust, but is is affects bythe environment in ather ways (dirt, smoke etc). Very fine step-by-step tutorial.

Very nice tutorial! With the acceleration of military modeling techniques being added to the wargamers toolbox (or paint box) it's nice to see some of the more neglected colors get some treatment. Very reminiscent of the artwork in the big rule book. Even though gold doesn't rust, you could consider it either dirtied or another otherworldly metal.

Very nice effect! Looks awesome, and the guide is great. However, I would say this is more "weathered" gold than rusted. 10/10

Great tutorial, good pictures and explanation!

Karhu

Excellent tutorial! Gold might not rust, but yours looks great

Tried this looks really cool. Thanks for sharing.

the drop pod is the best i have ever seen even better than gws well done

Nice and simple effect and easy to follow tutorial. Thanks for sharing

Thank yoy for your feedback. Of course - gold don't rust. Some say it's looking like gold, cooper, dirty silver etc. I just call it 'rusty gold'.

While painting my Baal Predators I will try to catch some pics and write another tutorial of the weathering method that I've used.

nice work, looks amazing.... But I thought Gold (unlike other metals) didn't rust :/ Could be wrong...

Thanks for this. It will be a great help. I am preparing to start on my drop pod. I wish I had seen this before I painted my Land Raider.

Blog Entries

Your drop pod is one of the best painted vehicles I have ever seen. I drink from your knowledge and experience, hoping to get similar effects some time in the future, Oh Masta!

Thanks for the tutorial. Really a great effect and especially looks fantastic on Blood Angels

Gold is the most inert, non-reactive of all metals; it will never react with oxygen, either atmospheric or in solution.
    IT DOES NOT RUST.

Segmentum Solar Terra Northern Hemisphere

because of that he used quotation marks, i think...

OMG WHAT A RIDICULOUS ARTICLE - THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS DROP PODS IN REAL LIFE!!!

On a more proper note: good, clear article about an interesting and efficient technique. The pictures are excellent and very informative. I must also compliment you on your drop pod, the weathering is lovely. The only person I've seen do better is Wappellious, but hey, I'm mostly a fantasy guy.

Default Article: 'Rusty Gold' tutorial

Regards,
    Gimiak

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonbuddha View Post
    Gold is the most inert, non-reactive of all metals; it will never react with oxygen, either atmospheric or in solution.
    IT DOES NOT RUST.
    Yes, and it makes so much sense making a tank or a drop pod out of gold...

I just visited the GW website and was amazingly pleased to find your work showcased there. Great job mate, and well done receiving recognition for your efforts.
    For the people moaning about 'gold can't rust etc etc', seriously grow a brain cell and try engaging it before writing on a forum....He's just come up with a general description that pretty much covers the tone and colour of what he's doing.....stop being trolls and bask in the glory of his skill......