Chrome's WIP - Page 22
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Chrome's WIP

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    Heya Chrome! Try darkening the flesh tones under the cloth. In one of my WIP threads I've got some stuff on transparent clothing including a reference. Sheer cloth acts differently, you don't pop the highlights as much for one thing. The highest you go one the folds is midtone. If you paint the flesh normally like the cloth wasn't there, seal it, then paint the cloth it might be easier.

Hey Kath! I'll try that out, thanks! Can't find which wip you talk about though, remember which one it was?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Well, I think your tips helped a bunch Kath, didn't go quite as dark as the images I googled were but I believe I improved a lot with your tips, the clothes don't look wet any longer at least.

Name:  Taelor2.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  54.9 KB
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Yeeeah, so Skellie is forcing me to hold his hand while going to Germany's GD this year... I guess it'd only be fair if I tried to concoct a little something to bring and place in a showcase there myself.

lol, not like you were especially hard to persuade i just need a german speaking person to translate what im saying höhö...

...images, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SkelettetS View Post
    lol, not like you were especially hard to persuade i just need a german speaking person to translate what im saying höhö...

...images, yes?

Yeeeah, I have to ask, just how loosely do you define the word "speaking" in that sentiment exactly? XD

Name:  head.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  59.4 KB

Oh, and Images, yes!

Name:  head2.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  67.6 KB
    Added some more detail...

cool! quite sinister looking guy eh? i have to learn working GS like that...

cool! quite sinister looking guy eh? i have to learn working GS like that...

Let's have a two man workshop! I'll be your painting padawan and you'll be my sculpting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Well, I think your tips helped a bunch Kath, didn't go quite as dark as the images I googled were but I believe I improved a lot with your tips, the clothes don't look wet any longer at least.

Name:  Taelor2.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  54.9 KB
    Okay, somebody tell life to stop getting in the way. When it jumps up and demands attention I can't keep up with posts and then have pages to read through. I miss really cool stuff and I hate that!

Sorry I missed this the first time around Chrome. The WIP thread had the Reaper vampire in it. If you still want to check it out, I'll find it for ya. But I think your gal here is definitely much improved! You did really well! What I'm seeing in the photo is that you could take the flesh under the cloth darker if you wanted to but that's entirely a preference thing of how translucent you want the clothing. I can't see her sides but on a female mini, accenting the curve of the breast underneath and on the sides with a color like Reaper Ashen Brown really helps. It's a cool toned light purplish brown that really works for shading and accenting flesh. And I'm thinking a touch of that in the middle in the deepest recesses would really sell the sheer aspect of the top.

Sorry again hun but fantastic job with it!

ETA: Okay just in case someone out there wants to see the sheer clothing technique on the Reaper vampire chick it's in thread http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...-Results/page7

And starts at post #126

BTW - I stripped the paint off of her and will be starting over one of these days, so I get to do it all over again. lol!
    Last edited by kathrynloch; 06-30-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Don't worry about it Kath, I know how life can grab you.

I'll try deepening the shadows bit when I get back to her later.

Did some more on the big guy now.
    Sadly, the helmet looks like it has had a stroke. Not sure how or if I should do anything about it now...

Name:  head3.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  66.5 KB

Name:  head4.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  80.3 KB

I decided to keep it as it is. I'll do the adjustments later if I still find it necessary.

The detail is great but he does look like he got smacked in the noggin with a shovel. Still its a fantastic sculpt, Chrome, no doubt about it.

Woah, dude! That's an awesome helmet!
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Sweet sculpting Chrome. Kinda reminds me of the Predator's mush for some reason.

Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kathrynloch View Post
    The detail is great but he does look like he got smacked in the noggin with a shovel. Still its a fantastic sculpt, Chrome, no doubt about it.
    Yeah, it really does. But it does look like it'll get lost in the detail when the rest is building up around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Woah, dude! That's an awesome helmet!
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Willdorling View Post
    Sweet sculpting Chrome. Kinda reminds me of the Predator's mush for some reason.

Will
    Thanks! Yeah, it kinda does, doesn't it?

Here's the next update, started working on the torso a bit, forgot to post here yesterday so there's a bit of a jump in the process here.

Name:  torso2.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  79.2 KB

woah! thats even better than expected!!

nice to see youre cured of the hepatitA sickness too lol

woah! thats even better than expected!!

Whoa, for you to give a marine such praise I MUST be doing something right! ;D

dude, amazing thread you have here! liking all the things displayed here