Chrome's WIP - Page 27
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Chrome's WIP

Hmm, magically there seems to have appeared six more scarabs on the base during the night. And they've been hungry!
    Name:  base.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  771.4 KB
    Last edited by Chrome; 04-05-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

A bit of painting progress here, not much yet but I home I'm getting there.

Name:  basepaint.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  361.4 KB
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

I love the marine on the base. Great atmosphere.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

hoho najs, they are eating him!
    but still no senmm lol

Indeed they are! Not sure if I should make it a clean, mechanical disassembly of his body or a messy devouring. One is more graphical while the other is more in tune with the fluff.

To kick myself a bit in the butt I decided to join in on an escalation campaign here in town. So the Destroyer lord gets some shelf time until it's time to add him to the army and I started with the first 500pts. They're close to completion now and even if I'm not having the highest of standards painting them I'm starting to feel rather happy with how they're turning out.

Name:  army.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  986.0 KB

Those look awesome. I love the alternate colors.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

They look fantastic!

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

cool colors, starting to look very good! and very finished. whats up with that really? feels like twilight zone here uuugh

saw they're realeasing a bunch of new necron things at forgeworld now btw. hurry up to make your friends envious

Ah Skel tut tut it's chrome remember, they only appear to be finished this is only the start of the army, a drop in the ocean. Chrome's spare room of many unfinished projects probably looks like the treasure room of an ancient king
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    Ah Skel tut tut it's chrome remember, they only appear to be finished this is only the start of the army, a drop in the ocean. Chrome's spare room of many unfinished projects probably looks like the treasure room of an ancient king
    You.. ah.. have no idea how close you are to the truth there. I've actually thrown away four bags of abandoned projects fairly recently. It doesn't show. -_-

But the Necrons are steadily growing and it was time to upgrade the Overlord a bit.
    Name:  mindshackle.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  918.3 KB

Mind shackle scarabs? Whatever they are they look awesome! Kind of reminds me of me going under the cottage to hook up the water every spring...

Wife:There's spiders in your hair!
    Me (in a very unmanly shriek): AHHHHHHH! Get'emoff, get'emoff get'emofff!!!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Wee bit of a "biblical plague" thing going down
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    Mind shackle scarabs? Whatever they are they look awesome! Kind of reminds me of me going under the cottage to hook up the water every spring...

Wife:There's spiders in your hair!
    Me (in a very unmanly shriek): AHHHHHHH! Get'emoff, get'emoff get'emofff!!!
    Mindshackle scarabs indeed! Got the inspiration from pretty much every The Mummy movie out there. XD

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    Wee bit of a "biblical plague" thing going down
    Ayup! Been fantasizing about a display board for the finished army being a barren landscape covered in a mass of scarabs. Though I think it's safer to leave that idea unstarted as of yet. XD

Thanks Kath!

Forgot to go to bed proper last night and managed to finish the scarabs in the process.
    Name:  mindshacklefin.jpg
Views: 279
Size:  1.55 MB

Decided to play with metallics properly for a bit, here's this Monday's project:
    Name:  Nr88.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  817.8 KB

that necron is kinda cool! really like the conversion and the paintjob, save for the colours. not a fan of marble style necrons, give me overly complex dark tmm any day:P nice pics aswell, really good quality! you should come down to gbg and photo some of my stuff for me

Thanks! As long as you don't mind getting the pics taken with a Phone camera I'm all good! ;D Skels need a visit soon as well I think. Haven't seen him since Germany last year. XD

man, sometimes i wish i could finish a mini at the same speed as you. my pink horrors keeps staring at me...

and you should come to gbg soon, long time.... btw, when are you moving? or did you move?