the wet nurse - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 101

Thread: the wet nurse

  1. #81
    Superfreak!!! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    7,214
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    I doubt they'd even bother with the basket when they paff me down there...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

  2. #82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Not in my opinion. Art has a long history of people fobbing off absolute crap (and sometimes LAZY crap) as art, and only succeeding because people let them get away with it, reading WAAAAAY more into a piece than it deserves....Art is in the eye of the beholder, and I see no art here.
    I don't think you've addressed the point made. One of the things that art is supposed to do is to move people. Shock art takes this to an extreme, lacks any subtlety, and is probably a sign of a society (however localized) in a state of decadence. As startling or grotesque as this piece is, it has the merits of being subtle and enigmatic. For example, it has been widely criticized on the one hand as being misogynistic; on the other it has been identified as a radical feminist piece. It's probably not meant to be either, but there it is.

    Art is not said to be in the eye of the beholder. That place is occupied by beauty. And there is a growing body of science to suggest that basic concepts of what is beautiful are in fact shared by most people. As well, there is a point at which relativistic tropes like this are of little utility. Because you say it is not art is as meaningless as me saying it is if everyone has the right to identify what it is.

    The Attic word for art was "techne". Clearly, this piece has been born of careful, thoughtful, skilled labour and technique. It has an abundance of ideas emanting from it. What it is good for is to be viewed while on display. There are only a limited number of copies of the piece. It has caused an uproar in the admittedly small community that is concerned with it. It fascinates the eye, and challenges our preconceptions. There is good reason to believe it capable of being properly called a work of art. Simply to say it isn't because anyone can say it isn't, without something more, just doesn't cut it for me.
    Last edited by Carpasia; 11-27-2010 at 05:10 PM.

  3. #83

    Default

    Hadn't looked in on this thread till now cos the mini, when seen on the frontpage, inspired me not at all. Just seemed a bit meh. Skillfully made, but did nothing for me. A bit Gigeresque, but not enough to stand with Giger-stuff. All the boobs made it seem quite juvenile, so many of them crammed onto the chest looked too much, but the pair up on the neck really screamed it, ludicrous stuff. And such Page3 boobs, might have seemed less childish if a range of boobs shapes and age were sculpted.

    Reading back, the creatures tendril purporting to be some means of draining fluid, seems to me to be a rationalisation after the fact. It clearly evokes Manga's infamous tendril rape.
    I'm not offended by that kind of thing (though I don't do Manga as I find it tedious and a partcular flavour of puerile I can't be doing with), I'm more down with the understanding that porn and fantasy sate and mitigate rather than exaserbate and inspire behaviour that wouldn't otherwise occur.

    Still wouldn't give this mini room in a figure case let alone a shelf, just because it looks silly and ill-concieved, not because of content.

  4. #84

    Default

    Gonna have to disagree with you, Carpasia. Art, by its very nature and definition, lends itself to subjectivity and the perceptions and interpretations of the viewer. And I subjectively perceive and interpret this sculpture as a piece of hackneyed contemptible crap.

    FWIW Wyrmypops, the pair of boobs on the neck are actually part of a pregnant female form that's kinda melded into the back. They do look beyond stupid, but that's why they're there, and not as the "oh hey, let's stick a couple here too!" afterthought that they appear to be.

  5. #85
    Superfreak!!! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    7,214
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    lmao, I can see it now. "Hey boss, I think I've finished with this thing."
    "Mmmmm no, needs something else"
    "Like what?"
    "Boobs, more boobs. Put some on it's head too."
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

  6. #86

    Default

    And here I thought I'd already responded to this?....

    I bought two. Got them today in fact. Numbers 21 and 22.
    The imagery is not disturbing to me, and originally I thought the sculpt was a tad on the lazy side, but I was struck by the giger-ish impressions, and the uniqueness of it, enough to buy 2 at any rate.
    I will likely try one in flesh tones, and one in "Alien" shiny black tones.
    Looking at the mini in hand, it is quite a bit smaller than I had thought when I bought it. So my impressions of the level of detail/quality have changed, bigger would've been less impressive, but this isn't even as big as a 40k Dreadnought. The level of detail is actually astounding on such a scale, since I had originally thought it would be comparable to a rhino or Heavy WarJack.
    There is no disguising/mistaking the "tail" as anything other than a phallus, the "business end" is just too well represented to be anything other than the cause of the women's belly situation.
    What I like most is the (tongue in cheek/snarky smirk) rear of the beasty. It reminds me of the "brain bug" from the starship troopers movie.
    Name:  a-bug-6-l.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  65.1 KB

    The mix of genitalia imagery is disturbing on some level, but is not sexually simulating.
    Definitely more of a lean towards the "Hellraiser" cenobite imagery.
    The cenobites, to me, were more scary than sexy.

    As far as the offensiveness of it.
    I don't care. I stopped caring when society forgot Abraham Lincoln's words of wisdom regarding the ability to please everyone.
    Anything you do will offend someone. And some people can find a way to be offended by anything.
    I give up caring about other people's "feelings" as far as "politically correctedness" goes.

    I don't think that any "stimuli" from our environment can be blamed, even partially for someone's behavior.
    Blaming anyone, or anything, for your actions and choices is just weak, and lazy and so very "American" nowadays.

    When people can take responsibility for themselves, maybe we can find progress in society and ourselves once again.

    That's all.


    CHEERS!

  7. #87
    Superfreak!!! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    7,214
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    The Cenobites were something else it reminded me of! If only I could have put my finger on it earlier...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

  8. #88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    The Cenobites were something else it reminded me of! If only I could have put my finger on it earlier...
    If you put your finger on it, the finger would most likely be gone now....

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    The Cenobites were something else it reminded me of! If only I could have put my finger on it earlier...
    really? in my head the cenobites are cold and brutal, and not jolly and covered in boobs. also, cenobites are damn cool, while this nurse... well...
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

    Instagram

  10. #90
    Superfreak!!! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    7,214
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    If you put your finger on it, the finger would most likely be gone now....
    I was double thinking putting that! Then I thought i'd keep it in the post and see who took the bait, I am not shocked by this revelation!

    Skelly, dude, this thing doesn't look jolly to me haha!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

  11. #91

    Default

    I have missed this place SO much more than I had thought....<grabs white coat with buckles in the back> ...I've come home again!

  12. #92

    Default

    The main model itself wasn't impressive nor was it disturbing to me. It was a lump of 'flesh' with an #ss tone of breasts. and some arms. For me, the prize of the sculpt would have been the additional nude figures that came with it. Those have potential in other areas. The boob monster is a nice starting place, but a bit to juvenile for my tastes.

  13. #93
    Brushlicker gohkm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore / Australia
    Posts
    1,417
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    The madness has started. Someone on Bartertown has already started hawking his Wet Nurse, wants a $200 USD for it. I'm impressed at the speed at which this has begun, especially since there's talk about a second casting run.

  14. #94

    Default

    Hey Supervike, can you point a fella in the direction of that most excellent Cthulu-ish model you made note of earlier in this thread? Thank you sir!

  15. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Skelly, dude, this thing doesn't look jolly to me haha!
    no?
    well, if i were her and covered in boobs, id sure hell be jolly!

    I believe you are thinking of little nicky not hellraiser, i knew id seen this titts on the head thing before!
    Last edited by SkelettetS; 12-01-2010 at 03:29 AM.
    ...keep talking
    Forever remains

    Instagram

  16. #96
    Superfreak!!! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    7,214
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Holy crap! That was what was nagging at me! Well caught.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

  17. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    Hey Supervike, can you point a fella in the direction of that most excellent Cthulu-ish model you made note of earlier in this thread? Thank you sir!

    Tengu Models. Great stuff and great service from that guy:

    http://www.tengumodels.co.uk/

  18. #98
    Superfreak!!! Torn blue sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    7,214
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Did you know, "Tengu" is Japanese for Goblin? Specifically a Japanese mountain Goblin.
    I'm full of these useless factoids...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

  19. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skelettets View Post
    no?
    Well, if i were her and covered in boobs, id sure hell be jolly! :d

    i believe you are thinking of little nicky not hellraiser, i knew id seen this titts on the head thing before!

    lmao! Love it!

  20. #100

    Default

    All I remembered from that movie was 1) the stupid, and 2) Henry Winkler. How did I miss head boobs?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->