Heresy Dragon finally completed

Thread: Heresy Dragon finally completed

Cool Heresy Dragon finally completed

YES!!
    After TWO YEARS of work, Andy over at Heresy Miniatures has finally completed the beast to end all beasts.
    Take a look at this beauty:
    http://www.heresyminiatures.com/dragon.htm
    I paid £100 for this guy, which is much better value then the ludicrous amounts of money people seem willing to throw at the Rackham Titan Dragon (A less impressive dragon me thinks).
    New orders are £200 though, us early-depositers got a large discount.
    Check it out, and sling Andy some money for his hard work, the darn thing nearly drove him bankrupt!

Quote Originally Posted by yxalitis View Post
    ... Rackham Titan Dragon (A less impressive dragon me thinks).
    I disagree. The Titan Dragon's a more dynamic model to my eyes. But the Heresy dragon is most certainly a very impressive piece. Reminds me of that sculpt on 'a dragon's hoard' - can't remember if that one is a Ral Partha or a Reaper. I'm out the running for this one, though - I simply don't have 200 quid to throw at another dragon .

Quote Originally Posted by gohkm View Post
    I disagree. The Titan Dragon's a more dynamic model to my eyes.
    Quiet you! I am trying to find any number of ways to convince myself NOT drop far too much money on one!!

LOL!

If it helps, you're not the only one who's looking for one right now . I *SO* regret selling off my last 2. Yup, made the same mistake twice - bought, sold, bought again, sold again. Damn you, house renovations!!!

Luckily, I know for a fact I'd never get around to painting this beast, so I can forgo dropping the cash on it.

Beautiful, tho.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

http://www.veltd.net/32mm/vel4011.htm

We carry it too in our store but it's currently out of stock. 24 inches tall, about twice the height of the Heresy one, but that includes of course the spire and fully extended wings. This was one of the final nails in the coffin of Magnificent Egos miniature line due to cost of sculpting and production, which was bought out by Valiant subsequently. A Sandra Garrity sculpt btw.
    I like it firm and fruity!

That photo does the miniature no justice, I have no idea what it looks like!

I have the Heresy Dragon ordered. The Titan dragon is okay, but I'm not enthralled by it.

Nice. I genuinely dig the heresy dragon. Great aesthetic to it. Damn, though, that's a pretty chunk of change they want for it. Not a snowballs chance I'll buy it.

If I ever wanted to paint a dragon, it would be the Heresy one! I think it's the best representation of a classical fantasy dragon ever. And it's sufficiently large! The ex-Mag Ego one is a bit awkward in posture, I think... The wings pointing upwards isn't the best design, IMO. And I think the Heresy dragon has a better head and face!
    Combibo vestri peniculus quod fio a melior pictor.
    My gallery - go have a look!

I got to agree with Ritual actually, the Heresy dragon reminds me of the old Citadel Great Spined Dragon.
    I like it firm and fruity!

Blog Entries

I've mentioned before somewhere i'd happily drop 200 on this beastie! It's just too amazing not to have. He's thought about everything on this thing, even the skin on the wings is nice and thin! It could be an idea for a present for a cirtain dragonphile I know...Which means I still get to oggle it in the cabinet painted all pretty. Win for me , I think!

And Andy for getting 200 quid out of me...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by PegaZus View Post
    Luckily, I know for a fact I'd never get around to painting this beast, so I can forgo dropping the cash on it.

Beautiful, tho.
    didn't stop me!

anyway he finished this at halloween!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Coincidence? I don't think s..ok, yeah, yeah it probably is.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

You know, the layaway thing isn't a bad way to go with the autopay option. He just might get my cash afterall.

Wow, that has to be the best dragon sculpt I have ever seen! Don`t like the rackham one, looks to "cartoony" imho.
    To bad I don`t have the cash for it. My girlfriend would kill me, and rightly so :-(
    When I was your age, Yuggoth was a planet.

GW cares not from whence the cash flows, only that it flows!

You KNOW how Tempted I am.
    And Yes It's exactly how a Dragon should look, Powerful Threatening and Magnificent.
    It'd be tempting to put it away as a retirement project, BUT Where the Foxtrot (*) would I be able to display it?

(* Got told off for swearing,.......at work,............in a room full of Scousers.........Oh the Irony!)
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I got it too when it was at £100. Luckily I got a commission piece finished at the same time this became available, and the wife said its spare money so get it!!!!!!!

Got the Rackham dragon too, and I think its a great piece. Now just got to wait for this beast. I'm 45th in the queue

And it will get painted.