Your favorite Cmon memory - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Cmon memory

Blog Entries

...I think you owe me one for saying that sober! Ew EWWW!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

We'll have to debate the merits from barstools, you know, bring it to the appropriate venue.

Blog Entries

=D
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by No Such Agency View Post
    I remember a few of these "dirty secrets" of CMON's past, including certain less-than-friendly relationships and certain (entertainingly) disruptive users. And I do remember when I was familiar with most of the forum regulars, even though I never actually met any of you in person. I admit I miss our very own "junior member" ipaintminis (she's doing just fine at college, apparently), or more accurately ipostposts since she finished paint jobs about as fast as I do now, but Freaked in no time

And I miss getting an 8 now and then (weeping smiley)... I think my first 8 might have been my proudest moment here.

EDIT: hey, does anyone else remember a member called "Axebone", with a fondness for miniatures of... unusual proportions?
    LOL! Yeah...I remember that guy.... And he remembers you, bro!

Blog Entries

Who the f**k is Axebone?! =P

I don't drink, but I love you guys.
    Yay random new signature!

Blog Entries

Woo! Another old face! Lo Mosch!

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

This thread has reduced itself into a guy brand mush fest but it's still bringing people out of the woodwork. Still a lot of old faces to see yet. hope it keeps working it's magic.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

So, I guess you missed the thread where I was trying to make people aware of the option of organ donation. I did it because my wife's cousin was in need of a double lung transplant.One CMONer made the comment "Why bother. She is going to die anyway". Or something to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by cfwheeler58 View Post
    This will sound kind of corny, but my favorite moment on this site happens
    anytime ( and every time ! ) one of us shares a sorrow, a sadness or a horror
    and receives back nothing but warmth, understanding, acceptance, support
    and even a little good humor from a hugely diverse group of people who have
    just one simple and largely inconsequential hobby in common. It's kind of amazing
    and uplifting really.

Then I look at the state of the "real" world. I can only conclude that more people
    need to be licking brushes, paint-matching on their thumbnails, sniffing solvents
    and super gluing their fingers together..... I guess.....
    Last edited by Ebonbuddha; 12-25-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Yeeeesh! That's a seriously harsh thing to say to someone!

Harsh is putting it a bit mildly. That was downright hateful! Um, you say "was" in need. Is it good news and she got through it? Or do I offer my condolences and sympathy for your loss?

Default Cmon = one of the coolest sites out there.

Geeze that's a silly title. Oh well, it'll have to stick for now. I don't want to type too long, got some Sunday night Jazz to listen to and some painting to do. But, I've had many great moments visiting this site over the years. And yes ~ how they fly by. To mention a couple of particularly memorable moments I'd have to include the, what was his name? Alex Castro? ---> I'd better do a quick Google check. Yep that dude. The "incredibly talented" Alex Castro thread. That made for some fun reading. By memory, I had a little dig @ the "painting genius" in that thread. How terribly naughty of me Apologies ~ it was all in good fun. Hehe.

The famous Alexi Z Vs Klute thread was a cool read too. Although, (maybe I'm wrong) but I always got the feeling that Cyril kinda stopped visiting Cmon after he'd had it out with Ms.Z. That kinda sooked ~ as I was a huge fan of his painting style at the time.

Chatting real-time with one of my favorite mini-painters in the "shout box" was a real thrill for me too.

See ya all out there ~ painting-time is a calling me

I can't say what my favourite Cmon memory is because I still haven't fully enjoyed this site to its fullest. There is alot of people out there that keep me painting even when I give up and wonder why I keep on trying. People that are all to happy to give advice and show us their beautiful pieces of work. For that is what keeps me painting and I'm thankfully that there is a site like this for me to look at

You know, or maybe you don't...read more of my earliest posts...LOL...I am arrogant by nature.
    I was the best painter in my little area of the US, and I thought I was damn good, I could match or do better than 'eavy metal, in most cases back then, and I hadn't really gone through the galleries on here. I was SO SHOCKED when I posted my first mini on here, and now I am embarrassed by my comments on those first ones, that is why they are removed. In fact, I will also be replacing the ones that are there now.
    I think the BEST thing that has happened for me has been the VAST improvement in my painting. I don't even feel comfortable showing my good ones around locally...I don't want to discourage the gamers that actually do paint.
    I do secretly supply a LGS with sale pieces when he needs them.
    But I think that such a humbling experience has REALLY changed me, and most of the time it is for the better.
    Last edited by JesterzUSMC; 12-26-2010 at 05:40 PM.

My best cmon memory would be the times spent at meet ups with all the guys. I remember how friendly everyone was the first time I met them (must be four or so years ago now...) and how easy the friendships have been since then. Without cmon I wouldnt have met a great many amazing people and made so many long term friends within the hobby.

Well I like all the Cmon because every one have their own ability so thats why I like all the Cmon lol .. .

work at home business opportunity
    Last edited by Ersin; 01-08-2011 at 12:04 AM.

She pulled through and has a new set of lungs. Yes, she survived a double lung transplant. She has cystic fibrosis. They only gave her until she was thirteen, but she is 35 and still going.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    Harsh is putting it a bit mildly. That was downright hateful! Um, you say "was" in need. Is it good news and she got through it? Or do I offer my condolences and sympathy for your loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonbuddha View Post
    She pulled through and has a new set of lungs. Yes, she survived a double lung transplant. She has cystic fibrosis. They only gave her until she was thirteen, but she is 35 and still going.
    Most excellent to hear.
    I won't patronise her (or you) by saying give her my best wishes and all that sloppy kinda stuff, but just tell her I appreciate people who tough it out.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonbuddha View Post
    WOOHOO!
    I'll be 35 in 2 days!
    That's about the coolest thing I've heard in a long time!