Your favorite Cmon memory - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Cmon memory

Quote Originally Posted by fieldarchy View Post
    Daawwww aren't you sweet! I think we all have our circle of paint buddies who nag us to keep painting.
    Who the hell ... *ahem* err, I mean, Hiya Meg!

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Geez, Even I'm a bit uncomfortable with all that mush and I'm the queen of mush! (or butter depending on who you talk to).
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Oh no, the mushiness is creeping across all the other forums!

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    LOL...I remember Axebone. Didn't he convert all his minis to have said attributes?
    Hahaha Axebone's gallery is still here! I hadn't seen them in ages but yep. They still lurk for the occasional unsuspecting viewer.

BME was a interesting fella, I think he's still around on TMP.
    It's funny, I'm really only a participating member of this site, I often wonder what I'm missing "out there". I just haven't ever got into communities like WAMP, the FoD etc.
    Last edited by No Such Agency; 12-03-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by No Such Agency View Post
    Hahaha Axebone's gallery is still here! I hadn't seen them in ages but yep. They still lurk for the occasional unsuspecting viewer.
    OMG that's some big stuff there

Okay, so Liz called me when she woke up briefly because she wants me to post another favourite memory, Beware, it's more mush. It was when Matty's girlfriend went to work in Spain and he was deciding whether to go or not. He did eventually go and has pretty much been the travelling hippy ever since. It was important to Liz enough to ask me to post it.

everyone remember the "name my kid" contest? yep.....ewan is three, and ipaintminis named him. i still need to finish that mini for her. :/ lol.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

first ........ all of my firends here
    my first 8
    the Freak Bar
    the great painting advice
    beening part of the painting of "The Ogre Army" for the 2004 tsunamis victims
    Last edited by Dragonsreach; 12-04-2010 at 04:27 AM.
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

So far, my intro post has been my highlight. The welcomes were nice. I expect when I wrestle my anxiety into submission enough to finish all the 99% done minis, get snapping with the camera and actually post them that'll be a new highlight. Self absorbed bugger ain't I.

Becca "Ipaintminis" getting called 'Ipaintmyknees', and then doing so.
    Lemon juice takes felt tip pen off skin by the way.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

The tsunami ogre army was a definite highlight. I really enjoyed that.... I even managed to paint my contribution with a broken wrist. Great days!

Like vikey mentioned, the forum was quite different a few years ago. I quite miss it too! There's quite a few names I'd like to see back!

RLobinske was a cracking thread.... as was Klute V AlexiZ. Squabbling at its best lol.

BME lol
    Well, here it comes... here comes the sound... the sound of confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bunting View Post
    Okay, so Liz called me when she woke up briefly because she wants me to post another favourite memory, Beware, it's more mush. It was when Matty's girlfriend went to work in Spain and he was deciding whether to go or not. He did eventually go and has pretty much been the travelling hippy ever since. It was important to Liz enough to ask me to post it.
    India next
    I got's dem itchy feets...

I agree with you SV. I stop coming around when everything I said was 'wrong'. Yet, someone else would say the same thing and there would be no problem with it. Or when certain people would act all self righteous and as if they were tolerant of everyone, but would ignore my post if I asked a question. I would ask the same question six time in a row until someone answered. Very hypocritical.
    But on that note, I do pop in every now and then to see you, Chern, and some of the old guard if you will. At least you guys aren't a bunch of jacka$$es.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I do really miss the feeling of comradery that used to be here. It's still here a bit, but only a shadow of it's former self.
    Last edited by Ebonbuddha; 12-14-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: I made a lot of typos.

I second that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilmonki View Post
    I think I just vomited a little bit in my mouth!

I agree Ebon and Vikey. There was a very different feel a few years ago. I felt the same way you did Ebon . . . still, it seems that what I say people would rather take on the offensive when I don't mean it that way. I've been told, more than once, that I come across very aggressive in type. I am very much direct and to the point and I think that doesn't translate well over the internet. But it does seem like people have gotten a bit more . . . intolerant of silliness and also of asking questions or even explaining.

That was why I stopped posting on here and even now when I post something in submissions I tend not to look at the thread all that much. I feel like an artist should be allowed to explain their reasoning behind choosing colors or a specific composition or even saying why a piece is not up to par with the rest of their work. Unfortunately, when I've tried to do that I seem to irritate? anger? annoy? people. I'm not really sure what it is. And I get responses like, "if you don't want any criticism, then don't post!" And it's not that I don't want feedback, it's just that I want to explain my choices so people understand.

Dunno, it gets frustrating. I do miss the good ole days!

Well I haven't been here long so my best has to be going from a 5.8 best up to a 7.0 with a rushed job trying a new technique, and getting lots of friendly and helpful advice.

Blog Entries

Ah yes, back in the day, when all this were fields...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I hate to be this guy because well, the messenger gets shot.

Quit your complaining! The grass is always greener, or nothing is like the good old days? Make things better then. I am of course limited in my amount of experience on this site, and no doubt will have annoyed any number of old goats on the board but come on. What was done differently in those days that you could bring to the site now? You miss your old buddies that were on this forum, and I get that. Things will never be quite the same, yeah we all know. It's fine to lament what was, but perhaps it's time to improve what is?

And please feel free to vent and get it out of your system against me so long as you move on. I shall take none of it personally.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Baaahhhhhh!

That's me being an old goat.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    I hate to be this guy because well, the messenger gets shot.

Quit your complaining! The grass is always greener, or nothing is like the good old days? Make things better then. I am of course limited in my amount of experience on this site, and no doubt will have annoyed any number of old goats on the board but come on. What was done differently in those days that you could bring to the site now? You miss your old buddies that were on this forum, and I get that. Things will never be quite the same, yeah we all know. It's fine to lament what was, but perhaps it's time to improve what is?

And please feel free to vent and get it out of your system against me so long as you move on. I shall take none of it personally.

For my part the atmosphere didn't change while I watched...I left due to lack of free time.
    I popped in now and then, but the level of activity dropped off.
    This is after all, a hobby, and people have lives.
    My nostalgia is just that, I am not a coffin dodger, so I don't have the "good ol' days" syndrome, but there is a big difference between the participation on the forums now as compared to then.

The fact that there wasn't a Bar thread speaks volumes!

Kinky, snide, smart-assed, humor is fine, so bring it on, bring it on , bring it on ba-ack ya'll!

Blog Entries

I can't speak for anyone else Id, but i'm Scottish so I just like moaning. Crazy kids and their damn hippity hoppity music. I'm home with the downies...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...