Your favorite Cmon memory - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Your favorite Cmon memory

Blog Entries

Yeah that's good to hear EB, being a fairly young transplant recipient and all the nastiness that comes with being on the list myself, it's always nice to hear good outcomes. I suffered for a good 7-8 years and nearly kicked the bucket (within a ball hair of it) 3 or more times in the latter duration vomiting blood and all sorts of happy things like that.
    Even without that sort of crap on my plate common sense would dictate that you're not exactly going to miss your guts and what not when you're dead. I'd been a donor before everything kicked off anyway. The one thing that is quite tragic aside from the selfishness of people who get on their high horse about going to rot intact, is the fact someone has to die in order for them to live.
    The plus is that at least in your passing you give life to a good few other people.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Well, it is good to hear you beat that. Imagine how miserable Meg would be with you. She would wander around the wastelands of America...er...Texas.

Anyone remember Mr.Yao? He was the guy who quit painting because he had 'better things to do with life'. He then proceeded to tell us how we were wasting our lives wit the hobby.

Wow, sounds like an inspiring kind of guy!

My favorite is when you guys remember birthdays! YAY!

which none of ya did....
    Last edited by JesterzUSMC; 12-30-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: sadness....

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonbuddha View Post
    Well, it is good to hear you beat that. Imagine how miserable Meg would be with you.
    I don't have to imagine

Blog Entries

She thrives on misery, this one. That's why she's marrying me.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    My favorite is when you guys remember birthdays! YAY!

which none of ya did....

your holding up the party, ;p .....http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...ay-JesterzUSMC
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

Quote Originally Posted by wiccanpony View Post
    You are evil....here I thought ya'll had forgotten...PBBBT!

meeting both Chern and Alexi Z at gen con this past year.

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    She thrives on misery, this one. That's why she's marrying me.

It's true!

Talk about old members coming out of the woodwork.

I've been thinking about my best moments of CMON and I've come up with a list (that is by no means all inclusive or in any order)

• The Avicenna/Tooshy/Primevil soap opera
    • Matt Varnish (which I still think is Airhead)
    • Supervike/Dauber/SuperDauber (which I also think is Airhead)
    • The PYP Thread - getting to put faces with names made the place a little more homey
    • The Atlanta GD, staying with Grumb/RedDawn having a truly wonderful weekend and meeting a whole bunch of CMONers and Dirty Steve
    • HerseyCon - both annual events, and the outpouring of support I recieved when setting it up. In it's second year, it actually had guests and contest winners! (anyone still have their shirts?)
    • Works of Heart / Paint Aid - while difficult to complete, it was really amazing to get together as a group and do something
    • Painting my knees to prove a point - not realizing I'd used permenant sharpie. (hooray for lemon juice)
    • The Mustache Contest
    • The Ladies and The Men on CMON calendars
    • The Mini Exchange (and subsequently, Becca's Home for Lost Orphan Minis)
    • Top of the list, however, is meeting all of the wonderful people. So many of you cared about who I was (not just IPostPosts) and what was going on in my life. Many of you I still consider dear friends (thank goodness for Facebook so I can keep tabs on you lot!)
    Last edited by ipaintminis; 01-01-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: forgot one :)
    "A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise." - Aldo Leopold

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ipaintminis View Post
    Talk about old members coming out of the woodwork.

I've been thinking about my best moments of CMON and I've come up with a list (that is by no means all inclusive or in any order)

• The Avicenna/Tooshy/Primevil soap opera
    • Matt Varnish (which I still think is Airhead)Not me
    • Supervike/Dauber/SuperDauber (which I also think is Airhead) Some of those are not me either.
    • The PYP Thread - getting to put faces with names made the place a little more homey
    • The Atlanta GD, staying with Grumb/RedDawn having a truly wonderful weekend and meeting a whole bunch of CMONers and Dirty Steve
    • HerseyCon - both annual events, and the outpouring of support I recieved when setting it up. In it's second year, it actually had guests and contest winners! (anyone still have their shirts?)Still wear mine on occasion as it works its way through rotation.
    • Works of Heart / Paint Aid - while difficult to complete, it was really amazing to get together as a group and do something. I too feel very honored to have a mini in that mix and understand your feelings.
    • Painting my knees to prove a point - not realizing I'd used permenant sharpie. (hooray for lemon juice)
    • The Mustache Contest
    • The Ladies and The Men on CMON calendars
    • The Mini Exchange (and subsequently, Becca's Home for Lost Orphan Minis)
    • Top of the list, however, is meeting all of the wonderful people. So many of you cared about who I was (not just IPostPosts) and what was going on in my life. Many of you I still consider dear friends (thank goodness for Facebook so I can keep tabs on you lot!)
    Miss you around here kiddo.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Blog Entries

Hmm - according to someone here the heart went out of this place in 08 - about the time I went back overseas and dropped off the radar. Coincidence?

Yes, I know arragant bastard am I. :P
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

'sarite, that's round about the last I was seen too. And here I am upon my return basking in amplified awesome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    'sarite, that's round about the last I was seen too. And here I am upon my return basking in amplified awesome.

That's just reflected glow from me, you manky Scots Git.
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com

Actually, it's me. you are both wrong.

It's getting awfully deep in here.

Blog Entries

Clyde's got a couple of spare shovels over at the Freak Bar.

Blog Entries

Thank christ for that, i'm always in the shit.