So there I was, watching "King of the Hill"....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So there I was, watching "King of the Hill"....

Default So there I was, watching "King of the Hill"....

...LOL, I just couldn't resist starting a thread with that title.

Anyway, so there I was...blah blah blah, and this episode had Hank of all people addicted to video games.
    It struck me as a blatant parody of WoW and the like, (though it was a GTA knock off) and I remember that there was at one time (or more) a thread or two (or more, lol) discussing the evils of WoW and other games.

How about THIS time, we throw a little out about what "Games" we are addicted to.
    Doesn't have to stick to video games, but Gaming should be the general idea.

My current addiction is on my Xbox 360, though I only get a couple hours a week to actually play: Call of Duty: Black Ops.

On my PC (besides Facebook Apps) I play massive minutes a day (sometimes I'll waste a whole hour) is "World of Goo"...a cute as heck game of puzzles and architecture.

So what are yours?

Have just this evening returned to EQ2. It's the Warcraft type of game without the fisher price palette or comedy shoulder pads (for the most part). I expect I'll have that addiction rekindled after a year of cold turkey.

Proper addicted to Dawn of War (PC) and GTA: San Andreas (Ps2) though. Just keep rotating through the various armies in DoW, and doesn't take much to fire up the PS2 with urges to drive recklessly in GTA:SA.

Also keep on returning to some free online flash games, time killers.
    http://www.flash-game.net/game/1985/bubble-shooter.html
    http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp
    http://m0rkeulv.net/games/castlewars/

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    ...LOL, I just couldn't resist starting a thread with that title.

How about THIS time, we throw a little out about what "Games" we are addicted to.
    Doesn't have to stick to video games, but Gaming should be the general idea.
    Well Don't do Console Games or other "Computer Games" worked to many years on the things to see them as "toys".
    I'd say I used to be addicted to 40K but that'd be inaccurate as I could take it or leave it.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Not addicted to any games at the moment, not even the online ones.

Think the last game that I was playing a lot of was earlier this year when I went through Knights of the Old Republic again.

As I'm very very poor right now, my addiction is restricted to the thought of owning CoD black ops counting on relatives that haven't been arsed to see me since I was 10 clinging onto that tiny bit of guilt that perhaps they should have been more involved in a young boys life to send me a tenner at xmas so I can treat myself and they can ease their conscience, win/win!

LMAO! Let me know how that turns out!
    PS3 or Xbox 360?

Fable III is the current culprit. Every couple of days I go back and play a round of Empire Earth, and that's been for some...2 years?
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

I sold an eGuide for Fable 3 on ebay, and am selling DLC codes...did a little over shopping for xmas presents, I even have an extra game...LOL. I bought into the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    LMAO! Let me know how that turns out!
    PS3 or Xbox 360?
    PC >_< pawned my PS3 7 months ago for the last bit of a deposit on my house, utter fail but my desktop is built to game anyway, few of my mates along with my brother and his mates all have it for PC so it'll be a good crack regardless.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

The only game I play is SimsII and I go in cycles with it. I'll not play it for a year and then play it non-stop for a month and then not touch it for a year again. The one addicted to a game is Donna. She's a WOW addict
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

My game addictions are WoW, lost interest for a bit but Cata is dragging me back in. SOme Facebok apps when i'm extreamly bored and then table top RPG games any chnace i get, especially Legend of the Five Ring, Shadowrun and Talislanta. Oh and waiting in anticipation for Diablo 3, that'll def be an addiction game for me.

Now with more Oni goodness then allowed by the FDA!
    CMON Rank:

I'm currently on Minecrack, er, I mean, Minecraft. Really cool sandbox game right now (check youtube for some videos). Amazingly, started out as a one-man show, but he's now sold 700k alpha versions. Yup, not even to beta-testing yet and still an incredible game. Course, I don't think you can really call it a "game" per se. There's no end-win. Just you, mining things while avoiding zombies, skeletons, spiders, and creepers. Lots of fun.

The next step down is Star Trek Online. Huge space ship fan, so had to pick it up. Not really playing it a whole lot, but that's why I bought the lifetime membership. Play when I want and not worry about if I'm wasting subscription time.

Tonight, I plan on taking a plunge into WOW with their 10 day free trial. The guy who makes the Goblins webcomic is starting a goblin clan (which from what I read, goblins are playable as of today), so figured I'll give that a whirl. See what that's like. Hopefully, I'll be turned off by it, but enjoy the trial time. Don't really want to spread myself even further. I waste enough time on the above two as it is.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Been playing Supreme Commander lately. Think Command and Conquer only better.

fallout new vegas atm. was oblivion and fallout 3 before that. still battle field bc2 most night with mates
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Really only BC2, I'm not too fussed about Black Ops till it maybe hits the bargain bin. BC2 has bags more fun play and opportunities for mayhem in it anyway, esp with 4 new (FREE!) maps released and a Vietnam expansion coming very very soon!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

i dont own a video game system. i won a computer and play mud and blood. but not much really. i spend most of my time gaming.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Cribbage rocks... no dice.

and bejeweled on my phone keeps me entertained for hours.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

I like WoW ...sue me pfffffffffffffffttttttttttt
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

Quote Originally Posted by wiccanpony View Post
    I like WoW ...sue me pfffffffffffffffttttttttttt
    I still love ya toots!

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    fallout new vegas atm. was oblivion and fallout 3 before that. still battle field bc2 most night with mates
    I started to read this and thought did I just right my thought's down with my mind lol.