Different Kind of WIP...
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Different Kind of WIP...

Default Different Kind of WIP...

I am planning on clearing out my office/hobby room, and I was wondering if you guys would be interested in a start to finish, work in progress of it.

Right now it is like this:

lol... epic project!

Zounds! At least it does not (as far as I can tell) have a cat litter box in it. So you've probably got a less smelly painting room than I do :P

Blog Entries

Just a little WIP then , eh?
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

big jobs

Name:  mek3.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  34.7 KB
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

No, no cat box. No pet waste receptacles at all. This is the aftermath of my room after a year of "temporary storage" ebay packaging/shipping, and the madness that is me studying.
    The reason this will be done and indeed NEEDS to be done, is that I am getting a new desk. It is a 4 piece, wraparound jobby that will (supposedly) keep my area clean for work/school/hobby.

That's what the salesman said to convince her to buy it for me. I wish she's have gotten me a new TV and a FW space marine instead, but being that I have to be a grown up, having a decent business desk set might help me be more efficient, and organized.
    Her son told me it was like $4,000, but I see it as under $2,000, but that still means no FW Marine.
    This is the set I think I am getting:
    Name:  warm-oak-u-shaped-computer-desk-.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  19.7 KB

So, this basically has to be done by Christmas, New years at the latest.

Blog Entries

I can picture many hours of entertainment piloting the starship enterprise at that desk...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

well better you then me.

Ikea or a second hand office furniture story? 2 to 4 K sounds like quite a bit for two desks, a cabinet of drawers and a home entertainment center.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Blog Entries

I'd have to concur with that. I wouldn't have pinned 4k on this little lot either....Nor would I pay it. Screams "ripoff" to me.

I know right?!
    I am excited, but I have to clean my room, that has been "organized chaos" since I moved my 3 bedroom apartment into it 5 years ago.
    I keep getting areas clean, only to move mess from one area to another.
    This is the final run, the entire room needs to be cleaned and all of the myriad collections of stuff organized.
    Wish me Luck!

I take it that there is enough interest to continue with updates? Or did you all just want to rag on me about the current state of my room?

Blog Entries

Bit of everything hahaha.

Her son has no concept of cost or value, so I am guessing he gave me an over inflated cost.

As if I didn't have enough problems:
    Name:  DSC00258.JPG
Views: 127
Size:  78.3 KB
    I got really cheesed, and took it out on my cabinet door.
    AND
    I got a "gift" from my mother:
    Name:  DSC00259.JPG
Views: 119
Size:  97.0 KB
    Which I'll also have to make room for.
    Now the bookcase I bought:
    Name:  DSC00260.JPG
Views: 107
Size:  79.4 KB
    Will probably go to my daughters.
    and now I also "inherited" two shelves:
    Name:  DSC00261.JPG
Views: 101
Size:  70.1 KB
    Which might actually be good to go on the desk for paints or WIPs.

looking forward to the end results here. i've got the same problem most of us have, a huge mess of a workspace!

-Matt
    My website: www.msterbenz.com
    My ETSY shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mattsterbenz
    My miniature painting blog: http://mattsterbenz.blogspot.com/
    My oil painting blog: http://msterbenz.blogspot.com

Well, no real photographable progress as of yet. I did get the entertainment center disassembled, and have moved my airbrushing set-up to the workroom. Been having problems with the sump-pump ejection hose freezing, looks like we will be suing the pool company that installed it, since they were supposed to have a 4" diameter hose, but skimped and used a 2" instead. and they didn't even bury it. Grr...

Blog Entries

Talk about shitty workmanship. You'd have thought they'd have a hose wide enough so it doesn't freeze as easily, then actually buried it with an insulated sleeve... I don't know shit about pools, but you don't need to be to be an expert on idiocy lol!

Exactly! It isn't even the first, or worst, problem we've had with their work.
    This is just the final straw, there is nothing they can do now to "fix" this, we're tired of their excuses, they are going to be giving pretty much all the money we paid back. Either to us directly, or they will be paying whomever we hire to fix all of their crappy work.

Blog Entries

As is only right I reckon. Sound like a right pack of cowboys.

And the owner of the company wonders why he lost at his bid for election to governor...LMAO!

Blog Entries

lmao! seriously?!