30 mm Flat figures

Thread: 30 mm Flat figures

Coueron, Pays De La Loire, France, France

Default 30 mm Flat figures

Hi everyone,

here a mini diorama (WIP), painted by one of my friend of my painting club, Jean-marc.
    I made the picture for him this afternoom.
    It's 30 mm flat figures, oils paints.
    All comments welcome!

link: http://www.coolminiornot.com/266679

Interesting. Not a lot of love for the flats here, usually.

Gotta say though, flats always seemed like a missed opportunity tome. Why sculpt a flat mini when you could have done a 3-D one?

Edit: ahhh right, there was a time before rubber molds and spin-casters. These would be a lot easier to mass-produce.

I had to post on this. Love the colors, like the depth that was brought to these otherwise 2d mini's.

Being that I currently can't draw worth beans, I really appreciate the work done on these personally. Excellent imo.

These are awesome!
    Would love to find some flats and give them a go. I think they might be a Almost lost art.

Blog Entries

I'm strangely captivated by these things, this is awesome. They look somehow like an illustration...yet...not. Love the colour choices and the blends are really well done. Really solid work!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I've painted a few flats, and have to say it is very enjoyable. I wish there were more flats in my interest range though.

Flats should be painted as though from a specific lighting direction, basically as you would in a painting, not with the sort of generic lighting we tend to use on fully-round figures.

Einion