Winter Freeze Safety check-in - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winter Freeze Safety check-in

Quote Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
    Same here... The temperature is falling and suddenly all trains and busses get huge delays or get cancelled completely. "Ohh, it's winter again? NOBODY told us!" LOL

I don't hate the winter or cold temeratures, just the snow on the roads. Normally I need approximately 30-40 minutes from home to work, but as soon as 2 snowflakes are falling everyone on the road seems to go "WHAAAAAA!!!! ICEAGE IS COMIN, I HAVE TO DRIVE SLOWER THAN A SNAIL!" WTF? SO, now I need about an hour for the same distance. I hate it...
    That's what its like over here in the UK. We never got any snow in the top end of Wales but hell, everyone had to stay home even tho we had to get into work .

Tomorrow it's supposed to get really cold here, my mom heard about it and phoned my otherhalf (shes danish) and said "ooo are you going to be alright? it gets really cold here"

Let's see. The forecast for tonight through tomorrow here is for 1" to 7" of snow. So maybe Miami will warm up now.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Blog Entries

Yeah I get that too Skel, here it's more like the slow motion "Ohhhhh shiiiiiiiii...." when snow starts falling as everyone dashes to their car to raid the petrol stations and the super markets. "Go into work? Are you mad, man?! There's at least 3cm of snow out there!".
    Even our "super trains" that milk the commuter for mega pennies hit a bit of slush and you can hear the driver scream "Game over man, game over!" throughout the train. You'd think with the amount of money people are forced to pay, they'd do something with it. Planning doesn't seem to be in the top brasses remit, and this worries me somewhat... The meek seem to be stuck in a line, since seemingly idiots have inherited the earth...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

Well last Xmas I had to face the irony of being told to go home after the snow on the car park had melted as it would be a risk under elf'n safety IF it snowed again. What a load of toss. I rely on traction control and not driving like a twat, never been trapped by snow in the UK thanks to that.

Trust me learning to drive in Bolton is like learning to drive in a rain sodden ice bound downtown Baghdad. It prepares you for anything.
    Last edited by noneedforaname; 12-15-2010 at 04:58 PM. Reason: What with the were now?

Quote Originally Posted by crystella333 View Post
    That's what its like over here in the UK. We never got any snow in the top end of Wales but hell, everyone had to stay home even tho we had to get into work .
    Well if you ever need the human radiator *wink*

Blog Entries

IT'S A TRAP!
    What he means is a dutch oven!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Well that makes two heating functions I'm capable off

Quote Originally Posted by noneedforaname View Post
    Well if you ever need the human radiator *wink*
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    IT'S A TRAP!
    What he means is a dutch oven!
    Don't worry, got my own human radiator plus I'm told that my body is hot enough already to keep me warm

sunda looks fun here... looks like snow showers throughout the week with sunday having a whopping high of -16C (coldest its been in a while) i feel like im being teased here... i keep hereing about the 4' of snow they "normally" have here and just not seeing it

Quote Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
    Same here... The temperature is falling and suddenly all trains and busses get huge delays or get cancelled completely. "Ohh, it's winter again? NOBODY told us!" LOL

I don't hate the winter or cold temeratures, just the snow on the roads. Normally I need approximately 30-40 minutes from home to work, but as soon as 2 snowflakes are falling everyone on the road seems to go "WHAAAAAA!!!! ICEAGE IS COMIN, I HAVE TO DRIVE SLOWER THAN A SNAIL!" WTF? SO, now I need about an hour for the same distance. I hate it...
    lol thats not too bad. 2 snowflakes and everyone leaves early taking about 2hrs to get home (this is for 20 min drives). but the beauty is by the time i actually finish, the roads are normally clear so i can get home only very slightly slower. love it
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I dont usually post much, but Torn Blue Sky's mention of the Cathouse got me all nostalgic (Ahm fae Glesga mahsel, but ah moved oot here a wee bitty back.)

Anyway, my wife is from Nagano, and she views the British reaction to the weather right now as highly amusing. "Have they never heard of snow tyres?" she asks, quite seriously...

What worries me is that me (and the wife) are going to be back in Scotland over Christmas. Will the plane be able to land? More importantly, will it be able to take off again in January so's we can come home?

Japan certainly has its faults (gorram 60hr work week!) but an inability to deal with bad weather is not one of them. Typhoon anyone? Earthquake, perhaps?

Incidentally, the weather here at the mo is a tad chilly but the skies are clear and blue. It's probably about 7 or 8 centigrade. Typical winter weather for central Japan. Rather nice, actually

Alas! The 1-7 inches of snow turned into... a dusting. And that 90% cloud cover we were supposed to have this day? If we reclassify "blue" as "cloud", they yes. Otherwise, not a cloud in the sky.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

just started to snow here about an inch so far went to turn the heating on in the dungeon and almost took a heart attack, f$%"&*g cats going to do for me yet! sitting perched on the boiler
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by me_in_japan View Post
    I dont usually post much, but Torn Blue Sky's mention of the Cathouse got me all nostalgic (Ahm fae Glesga mahsel, but ah moved oot here a wee bitty back.)
    WAHEY! It's still going strong btw.
    Shouldn't have too much trouble I reckon, I was coming back in the middle of the last major flurry a couple of weeks back and was hating the fact I may very well be stranded in Heathrow =( Turned out ok though. Hope it's a similar state of affairs around the time you're due back because my missus is coming over then!

Cassar, tisk tisk, scared of an ickle kitty, ye big jessey!

Don't worry, got my own human radiator plus I'm told that my body is hot enough already to keep me warm
    *single tear*

Quote Originally Posted by noneedforaname View Post
    *single tear*
    Awwww...
    *passes over the antifreeze cos the tear has frozen*

*drinks anti-freeze to drown my sorrows* that warmed me up :-)

Blog Entries

Antifreeze is a bit like lemon juice!

slam it with tequila?