Pathfinder Red Dragon

Thread: Pathfinder Red Dragon

Default Pathfinder Red Dragon

Hi all,

This little guy was stop and go for a few months but I finally got it done. I liked this model when it was just coming out and wanted to do it justice. The reds on the scales are mainly ink glazes over a base of golden sand color primer from the Army Painter. The base color of the scales was done with Liquitex red-orange ink, then highlights were added with Reaper MS reds to get a good opaque finish. The last coats were GW Baal red wash to get rid of any shine from the inks and a bad can of Dullcote. The dark color is turquoise ink. All edge highlights on the scales were with orange ink mixed with some Reaper golden highlight. This made it dry a bit slower than mixing orange paint so it was easier to make the fine edge lines. For the bone spikes and spurs I used Reaper uniform brown + creamy ivory, mixing them both with some Liquitex flow aid. The flow aid made the blending much easier. The trickiest part were the wings, as they were smooth and required a lot of blending. The flow aid was not useful for me there so I stuck with many layers of Reaper reds of different shades.

Name:  pathfinder_dragon_1_sm.jpg
Views: 9685
Size:  157.6 KBName:  pathfinder_dragon_1_sm_closeup.jpg
Views: 16383
Size:  221.4 KBName:  pathfinder_dragon_3_sm.jpg
Views: 3196
Size:  154.8 KBName:  pathfinder_dragon_4_sm.jpg
Views: 5421
Size:  150.8 KB

Here is the Coolmini link.
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/267020

He looks pretty sweet. Nice job.

nice work. thanks for sharing the recipes
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Very nice, I like the way you've broken it up by adding "patches", very effective.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Jeez, hats of to ye! I've had a Ral Partha dragon for years and haven't worked up the courage to so much as assemble and prime it yet!