The Last Christmas Card.

Thread: The Last Christmas Card.

Default The Last Christmas Card.

You know it the very one that you didn't expect to get (*) turns up WAAAAAAAAy too late to get one out in return.

Fran and I just got one from ROGER and LIZ. Ooooooooooooooh bugger!

Ah well I'm using this forum to reply and say:-
    Thanks You Two, have a great Christmas and an even better Lizzymas.

H&K and all that sloppy stuff.

Here's hoping that your 'Bingles don't Gel'.

(*Or you'd forgotten about.)
    If your in the same boat, please feel free to add your wishes to this thread.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I've spent the last two and a half week together with my workmates sorting roughly 1.5 million Christmas cards(and that's just the cards going in and out from our city).
    Loose and dangly bits falling off of them have wrecked machinery, made floors slippery and generally glittered down the whole workplace.
    We've had trouble sleeping all of us, I know that I've definitely had nightmares about Christmas cards and broken equipment.
    The MASSIVE amount of Christmas cards going with it's own delivery truck, the cards to Santa(yes, it is true, there's enough to warrant it's own truck) from all the kids(both the physically and mentally) is breathtaking.

I never thought I'd be sick of them Christmas cards...

And I never did either. But the sheer amount of work meant that I never got to send any myself so here goes!

Merry Christmas to all of you out there and when you get your cards, send a little thought to the guys and girls at post offices and terminals all over the world, those heroes have really gone through hell to make sure those cards get where they should.
    Last edited by Chrome; 12-24-2010 at 04:42 AM.

You're welcome, Mike. It seems it took a while to get there. Other cards sent the same time arrived several days ago. Oh, and it wasn't sent just to get one in return.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to everyone!

Merry Christmas to everyone and a very happy new year!

Chrome that sounds like a real nightmare. What do you guys do with all the "Santa" letters? Do they just get thrown away?

Instead of cards for my close friends/family I like to give away pottery I make, typically coffee mugs. It makes for much heavier presents that I have to hand deliver. I'd go broke on postage. It always seems that I never make enough though, despite making around 150 mugs this year (not to mention other stuff too).

-Matt
    My website: www.msterbenz.com
    My ETSY shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mattsterbenz
    My miniature painting blog: http://mattsterbenz.blogspot.com/
    My oil painting blog: http://msterbenz.blogspot.com

Merry Christmas everyone! I haven't sent out any cards to CMON people, but you all cetainly have my warmest wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsterbenz View Post
    Instead of cards for my close friends/family I like to give away pottery I make, typically coffee mugs
    My supervisor does raku and some other styles, I always love getting gifts from her. Now I have a sushi set, Asian tea cups, etc., all hand made and fantastic looking I'm sure everyone who gets your work appreciates it.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Bunting View Post
    You're welcome, Mike. It seems it took a while to get there. Other cards sent the same time arrived several days ago. Oh, and it wasn't sent just to get one in return.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to everyone!
    What he said with an added Merry Christmas to everyone from me!
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

What do you guys do with all the "Santa" letters? Do they just get thrown away?
    Ever heard of Operation Santa Claus?
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

Merry Christmas to everyone and a very happy new year!

Chrome that sounds like a real nightmare. What do you guys do with all the "Santa" letters? Do they just get thrown away?
    That is actually something we've signed papers not to spread if we find out. But I can tell you this, it is a huge secret that only a few people know about, where they actually go with those. Here in sweden we have two stations I know about that the trucks go to but I have absolutely no idea what happens next.

Tbh, I think it is absolutely awesome that it's such a huge "conspiration" of goodness. I have no doubt that it would most probably devastate a lot of hearts, both young and old, if the real fate of those cards got out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by PegaZus View Post
    Now that was purely awesome. In every way possible.
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by PegaZus View Post
    No I hadn't heard of it. That's absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing it

-Matt
    My website: www.msterbenz.com
    My ETSY shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mattsterbenz
    My miniature painting blog: http://mattsterbenz.blogspot.com/
    My oil painting blog: http://msterbenz.blogspot.com

Blog Entries

Merry xmas one and all, to you and yours. I actually hate xmas, so you're doing well getting that much out of me =P
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Merry xmas one and all, to you and yours. I actually hate xmas, so you're doing well getting that much out of me =P
    That might be so, but we all know you're all squishy inside anyway. You just don't need a special day of the year to show it.

lol i forgot my parent's, i did a list for everyone else but they were so important i wouldn't forget...errr
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Merry Christmas everyone.
    And because i'm bound to forget until after, a Happy New Year as well.

All my closest friends have gotten a text message. So now guilty feelings for me
    But I know what you're going through, my brother delivers mail :S
    "The purpose of life is to be remembered, the meaning of life is to remember those that came before you." -Mourner

My personal motto when it comes to painting:
    "Try everything, and find what works for you."

My personal motto when it comes to life:
    "You can do anything you like, as long as you do it right."

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    lol i forgot my parent's, i did a list for everyone else but they were so important i wouldn't forget...errr
    YOU PLONKER.
    Gonna start calling you Rodney.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.