spot the stupid mistake - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: spot the stupid mistake

i think it's fair to assume that different technology is at work there. you can charge them even by leaving them out in the sun iirc
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Not quite what you're going for, but I still scratch my head that GW can't seem to grasp the idea that the singular of "dice" is "die."

i think it's fair to assume that different technology is at work there. you can charge them even by leaving them out in the sun iirc
    True that. I recall the phrase "liquid metal" being mentioned somewhere when describing las cells.

See? There you go again. Just because you feel it has to go wrong doesn't mean it will. A space marine's weapons are maintained at a higher standard.

"2315 - Maintenance Rituals - Each Space Marine is expected to maintain his own power armour and weapons, and it is often checked by the Chapter's Techmarines."

A long time friend of mine is a networking engineer. He has tinkered with computers sine he was 13 or 14. He never complained about his computer being down or 'acting strange'. You know why? He did maintenance on it. Not every day like a space marine, but he did regular checkups on it. No to mention, if you read anything you would know this, according to background material, a space marine is trained to use anything as a weapon. So, even if the chain sword did break (which would never happen) it would still be a lethal weapon in his hands.

And as far as the bolt rounds (I think that is what you meant to spell) go, it's to kill things. Space marines are supposed to be universal killing machines. Your logic makes no sense on this one. This is the scenario I imagine:

Commander Cassar: "Why do we need Black Talons? We already have regular bullets."

Iron Father Buddha: "You were given Black Talons in case they are wearing superior armour."

Commander Cassar: "That is too complicated. We will attack using only regular bullets.”

Iron Father Buddha: [rolls his eyes] “Well, I have to meet my fellow chapter brethren at another
    campaign.”

30 Days later after a horrifically failed planetary campaign, Commander Cassar is being debriefed by a tribunal of his superiors.

Commander Cassar: “I don’t understand how a planet of Gretchen defeats three companies of
    space marines.”

First Chapter Superior: “Didn’t you use the black talons we sent you? Reconnaissance reported
    that they had all rigged suits of heavy armour and rigged demolisher
    cannons.”

Commander Cassar: “What?!?! Those black talons are too complicated.”

The court chamber is alive with the sounds of face palms.

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    re the chainsword yep i'd go along with that in principle however there is the "if it can go wrong it will go wrong" factor or as its more commonly know as "shit happens" applying a little fore thought and having a back up is the thing

the bolter ammo (nice find by the by) seems a little more complicated than it needs to be, whats wrong with normal bullits

the emperor protects
    but having a loaded weapon helps.

again, with the bolts, it's assumed that the technology is sufficiently advanced that they are just as good as normal bullets. plus they explode after impact. i mean, how cool is that? who needs .50 cal depleted uranium rounds eh?

In my mind there's a huge difference between "bullet goes right through you and the force of the impact rips your limbs from your body" and plain and simple "splat"

You have to be able to enjoy the simple things in life sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Are there not rounds that blow up in you irl? dum dum rounds. Not sure. The leman russ has been said but look at our tanks today, the challenger has a low profile so enemy find it harder to hit. I think there is a REAL rhino tank built by someone very rich on you tube. Thatd be nice.

silly nerds trying to make pretend a reality... that being said i always found the landraider the most amusing peice... suposidly fits 6 terminators (you can actually fit that many inside... ive done it) but my question is... wheres all the crew sit? lol especially cincidering where the doors are located and the size of them... no room for driver \ gunners lol (yes yes... machine spirit... but that can only do so much :P)
    Last edited by Wolf Fang; 12-28-2010 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IdofEntity View Post
    Maybe if they're Eunuchs. Lovely singing voices, those termies.
    Meh why not? At least they cant go do naughty things and start controversy. :P.
    I`m not entirely sure, but I think I read somewhere that all (loyal) space marines are impotent both pysical and psychological due to the heavy chemical and genetic alterations. There is a fluff scene somewhere where the spacewolfs leader (logan grimnar?) muses over some female (inquisition agent or something?) and recalls with a kind of bitterseweet fondness the time he was still able and interested ...
    When I was your age, Yuggoth was a planet.

GW cares not from whence the cash flows, only that it flows!

Blog Entries

I know the answer to all of these questions.
    Wizards did it.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Master of fact View Post
    Are there not rounds that blow up in you irl? dum dum rounds. Not sure. The leman russ has been said but look at our tanks today, the challenger has a low profile so enemy find it harder to hit. I think there is a REAL rhino tank built by someone very rich on you tube. Thatd be nice.
    rhino:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNXbj_YQmE8
    i don;t think they are supposed to be dum dums as they simply expand and spread when hitting something, the bolt rounds actively explode

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Fang View Post
    no room for driver \ gunners lol (yes yes... machine spirit... but that can only do so much :P)
    i thought it was all machine spirit? and the help of the omnissiah

Blog Entries

Ref the exploding rounds. It'd be a lot more like the GMG in service today i'd imagine.

Andy McNab explains... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQzfJqkmLM8
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Ref the exploding rounds. It'd be a lot more like the GMG in service today i'd imagine.

Andy McNab explains... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQzfJqkmLM8
    everything is dead within 5 metres? it barely touches those paper cut outs!! i noticed he has clubbed fingers too...(just a side note)
    as for the bolters, i get the impression that they have ap tips and then explode in the soft bits after the armour

we already have armour piercing rounds! (regular bullets) tracer rounds and there are the codes of war that prohibit the use of exploding bullets as causing undue suffering and harm, doesnt mean we cant produce em now. commander cassar's layed in a special order of armour piercing ADAMANTIUM bullets, ooh you can carry loads more too as they dont take up as much room as the bolter shells.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

Bloody jineevar cunvenshun.
    I've always wondered how long it will take for that to go completely to the wayside anyway. Lets face it, just because a bunch of countries all adhere to the same rules of war, not everyone will. Only a matter of time before someone says "Well f*ck you then, if you wanna play that game!"...Outside unit conditions as a whole I mean.
    Around the year 40k is my projection.

The rhino owned that rover! Ey love luk at ma nu car. "smashes through house"

Blog Entries

I've always wanted a tank. It's near my #1 on my list of awesome things I should own before I die.

as long as we have the money dear you are more than welcome to buy a tank.

Damn, wish my wife would say that.

But to us men that is an open invitation to scrooge money away.

oh i thought of another blooper but its more 40k fluf/gameplay. Power fists. Why are they so slow. im sure its quicker to do a lil jab than to swing a HUGE hammer. Are we any closer to getting real power armour. Thats be good craic. I could re-enact that alien scene with Ripply!