GreenOne's WIP- I'll be back! (Again, and again, and again.) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GreenOne's WIP- I'll be back! (Again, and again, and again.)

Oh, nice sculpt man, and a good start on the paint job.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Tks Meph, it is truly a wonderful sculpt.

So, glazed away, had a go at osl effect ( Which I first was scared was too strong, so I subdued it and now it's too subtle.) and painted the devilish outgrowing bits. All subject to some tweaking later on of course...

Hope you don't bother with me updating this often, I firstly take a lot of pics to get a feel of my progression; an since I got the pics, it can't hurt to share
    Anyway, thanks for watching.

Last update on the sad girl. Pretty much done painting her, had a blast really. I need to finish the base now and wrap her up for display. The submission should be up in a couple of days.

Now, back to something more warlike, this is the next guy on the line...

I also plan on making a step-by-step\article for the baseworking and maybe also painting; just for fun

Blog Entries

cool and the next one is cool too. Post the link to the voting page once you get her all finished.

Default And again!

Hi y'all

Well, that was a very long and deep hiatus, have lost even the thought of painting and then, I'm not sure, I think I dreamed about painting and the next day suddently felt like it again.
    Got those dusty boxes out of the attic and a couple hour later I was back at it just like old times. Glad to notice that 1-My paints still work (Enough of them to make a palette anyway)
    2- I'm still capable and haven't forgotten my theory 3- and most importantly, it still feels good.

Been at it for 4 days, thought I'd swing by the forums see what's going on, and share.
    See ya round then.

First 'completed' paint, a bit rushed and a bit messy ( Nothing new then)

Some base work

Hello! Nice work here, but i had some problems. Maybe the painting is too white, you dont use deeper shadows, or you use too shiny lighting. In this case, seek some tutorial here from photography, i think this is the problem, and you will be make better pics. But the concept is good and smart. Keep working!

Hey tks for commenting. I am aware of the poor photo quality, I need to remember how all that worked :/
    Surely will need refreshing before I shoot for the final montage.

Allright, been fiddling a bit with the old photo setup, I think I'm getting the hang of it; well you guys be the judge of that.

Same guy, better pictures

Base almost done

Yarrrr, next mate to walk the plank

Welcome back, you help me with NMM gold a few years back
    1. 'Painting is a companion with whom one may hope to walk a great part of life's journey.' W. Churchill
    Thank you for asking but I don't do commissions.

Cheers mates it's good to be back

Broke out the fancy WS stuff and we have a live tree! I really like this product and will use it for less ambitious greeneries also in the future. Still missing some bit and washes to bring it to par with the palette.

Also the Captn got some paints on him and another player joined the party. Gotta keep busy and get them while I last

Last edited by GreenOne; 01-13-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Beastman completed and added to gallery
    Voting link
    All the full size pictures here

Meanwhile, mostly in the rough basework so not much to show for, but Captain babyface is starting to look like something, I felt like working on my freehand so he's getting himself a fancy coat, the lucky guy!

Thanks for tuning in.

CMON painter born and raised, soft seven and proud
    Gblaw studio online
    My latest, thanks for watching

Things have got a bit cloudy between me and the matey, when I took a closer look at his mug...

Let's just say it started okay and then went horribly wrong when I got to the eyes. He never been the same since

It must be tough indeed to sculpt good eyes at this scale, but thats no reason to leave me with two needlepin holes to paint on...
    He's gonna see the showcase someday anyway but the face war and subsequent fixing session got me a bit frustrated with him for now.

So that's when when I remembered that's the reason why I keep more than one ongoing project

So space girl is in the early stages, all basecoats, don't tell me to amp the contrast just yet.
    Not sure where the color came from but that scheme kinda painted itself

Now marvel at Poupée's incredible sculpting finesse, also the cast was really well made for metal, so props to CMON miniatures for that.

I had some tribulations with a 8yo bottle of Gold Yellow doing some funky stuff, but nothing that cant be fixed easily at this stage.

Either way, I win

And, to keep the ongoing trilogy of project going, I getting this fella ready for the big game, he will make for a nice and simple side project, singlepiece, ho, joy!

Thanks for watching

By the way, if anyone has a clue what species this guy might be, lemme know ( All I know is he's WOC and old.)
    Gblaw studio online

Myanmar great work you avatar looks a Lil green round the gills!!lol bad joke. Welcome back

I'm the Greenone, i'm not kidding

Hi again, y'all, I feel like doing a more thechnicalish post today...

Started the serious stuff on space girl, already a couple hours in ( Im a slow painter.) Starting from the inside out, sorted out the little flash of skin, base is corkbrown and beige red (all paints are VGC VMC), shaded with chocolat brown, cavalry brown ( Was on my palette) and darkseablue, mostly, with no real order or mixology. Highlighted with custom warm off-white (White, yellow and fairypowder.). The face and teal tattoo will be subject to further highlight when the surrounding areas are finished.

Went over the yellow with a mix of base color with ochre because the gold yellow was much too strong and also dried glossier than enamel. Then proceeded to shade down the ochre through hot orange, chocolat brown, and darkseablue. Shaded yellow down this path to recall the skin tones because the fabric there looks nylony and stretchy. That step is not quite done as you can tell, but I felt like WIPing this morning.
    It's a bit messy now because, I'm a messy painter and yellow is a messy color ( Even when cheating by doing it more ochre.) Some cleaning up will be in order to redefine the mid-tone before I move on to the next step.

Thanks for watching

Inow, that one is out of focus, UNNACCEPTABLE!

Last edited by GreenOne; 01-22-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    Gblaw studio online

Hello! You work hard i see! I had a problem again with the photo. This background is troublesome, and i cant see the real colour! And this blue puddle near to the mini disturb my eye. I know it is not the final base, but i cant see the mini clear.

You got a sharp eye for pictures, I take note for the next ones, maybe ill slap a more fitting bg together as well, stay tuned
    Gblaw studio online

Did some fixes, and a new back ground

Finished the previous step and added some selective glazing with dark orange and darkseablue.
    Better pics, I hope:

palette view
    Gblaw studio online

Cleaned up the mid-tone along with a few dodgy transitions and highlighted up to sunblast yellow. I will stop the highlighting there for now to work in some transparancy effects.

Gblaw studio online