Whats your favorite car you have owned/own. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats your favorite car you have owned/own.

2003 VW Jetta silver. Ahh I love that car. I'm gonna be sad to sell it when we move to Canada. I need something bigger to cart around art work.

Quote Originally Posted by airhead View Post
    Chevy pickup with a 396. cam. Tarantula intake, edelbrock headers, 650 quadrajet carb. Low gear rear end. Truck transmission.
    Sheared the bolts between the flywheel and the torque converter.
    baby got about 5 miles to the gallon.
    3 on a good night.

Sounds like a ticket magnet. COOL!! I remember a friend I had back in high school had a GTO that could chirp the tires at 30 mph.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn R. L. View Post
    Sounds like a ticket magnet. COOL!! I remember a friend I had back in high school had a GTO that could chirp the tires at 30 mph.
    Had a couple of cops in town that new me by name.
    It would chirp rubber if you wanted to between each gear.
    One of the few cars on town that could beat it in an 1/8th mile was a buddy's GTO. Big green Goat. Pull up a chair and a beer and I'll tell you a story about us in the Goat and a little Datson....
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of fact View Post
    Sounds good PegaZus. If that was me at that id be "Damn im glad i got that snorkel extra!"
    Yeah... a snorkel... that'd be a good thing to add, huh? >.<
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

@airhead - that sounds like heaven...

Since having anything with a V8 in the UK is ridiculous my current car is my favourite - Gen'7 Toyota Celica VVTi 190.

I absolutely love it, wanted one ever since they came out, and got it in grey just like I wanted. Holy hell it goes too. Perfect

I will say as a recommendation,

If any of you are looking for a fun little car that doesn't drain your wallet, try the Honda Fit or the Ford Fiesta. Fun little buggers.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

My brother has a Toyota Celica GT4 Twin turbo import. It goes like vaseline smeared shite off a shiney shovel! Its nice looking too.

Had one of these for a few years... my wife and I loved it and miss it! (yellow '04)

@Master of fact - Nice

@Elly3438 - Also, nice We actually got this in the UK too, which is rare for stuff like this - ours came under the 'Vauxhall' (!) badge in the form of the Monaro (same as Australia) though. Awesome.

Not a car....none have been memorable really......a Yamaha R1?....now that was SERIOUS

My first car was a 86 buick station wagon. As old as I was when I got it at 18 and only had 24,000 miles on it. I loved it. It had this really sweet backward seat as a thrid row and the hatch opened up farther than most other station wagons, it was their "drive in movie" model. (in other words - their "awesome" model) I drove it till it died.

But my favorite was the one I got next, 2006 Scion xA...it's just CUTE!
    "A thing is right when it tends to preserve the integrity, stability and beauty of the biotic community. It is wrong when it tends otherwise." - Aldo Leopold

Tercha i know! i dont have a bike anymore. mine was an r6

Blog Entries

Favorite beast I have owned was a 66 Chevy Pickup - POS Sky blue faded paint, 3 on the tree and an L block 196 cu in 6 banger - with a 327 rear end.
    Dr. Walter Bishop: I have used this technique to extract information from a corpse once. You can do that if they haven't been dead for longer than six hours.
    Peter Bishop: [in the background] Right, 'cause after six hours, that's when they're really dead.

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar. S. Clemons

Because I don't have enough madness in my life : http://topographyworkshop.blogspot.com

I love my little Toyota Celica T23.
    It looks faster and stronger than it actually is, but I love the look at the faces of younger men and women when I drive by.
    Did some modifications on it, but nothing too expensive. Nevertheless it's still a "everyday object", I have to drive about 80 km each day with it and it never let me down for now about 6 years and many many kilometers. This winter was quite hard for this little bugger though. Too much snow and too few clearance height.

Too bad Toyota doesn't produce it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
    I love my little Toyota Celica T23.
    It looks faster and stronger than it actually is, but I love the look at the faces of younger men and women when I drive by.
    Did some modifications on it, but nothing too expensive. Nevertheless it's still a "everyday object", I have to drive about 80 km each day with it and it never let me down for now about 6 years and many many kilometers. This winter was quite hard for this little bugger though. Too much snow and too few clearance height.

Too bad Toyota doesn't produce it anymore...

SNAP! Well, apart from the fact mine's grey... Looks lovely though

What lip/skirt kit is that? VIS Racing? That's what I was going to put on mine eventually.

Blog Entries

My favorite car is my current car ... 2010 Toyota Prius - Generation III - Complete with solar powered moon roof and navigation system.

Nice car. Gets 45-50 MPG. Power mode gives reasonable acceleration. Doesn't mind the 75MPH (+) speeds of the LIE (I495).

Leather heated seats. I drove her once from Long Island to Arlington non stop and I wasn't exhausted getting out. (300+ Miles 6 hours of driving)

Looks cool with snow on top.

Just got rid of my aging Toyota Celica which I loved. Looked great, comfy and sounded excellent at 7000rpm....

Swapped for an E46 BMW 328i. Full leather interior, every widget known to man and goes like a scorched cat

@Countersunk
    It's a "Pakfeifer" Bodykit. It's an austrian manufacturer. I decided this bodykit because it fits very well, is not too "flashy", is affordable AND it comes with a german "TÜV-accreditation". The law is very strikt here in germany, you can't just put anything on your car. :/

@Spacemunkie
    I think in 1-2 years I will also need an other car but it will be very hard to get rid of my beloved Celica.

Quote Originally Posted by Crackpot View Post
    @Countersunk
    It's a "Pakfeifer" Bodykit. It's an austrian manufacturer. I decided this bodykit because it fits very well, is not too "flashy", is affordable AND it comes with a german "TÜV-accreditation". The law is very strikt here in germany, you can't just put anything on your car. :/
    Well it's really nice looking, very clean, as you say not too flashy

Blog Entries

I've only ever owned 2 cars (I use my wife's piece of POOP in Japan). My favourite out of the 2 was my N regged Saab 900. That thing was built like a tank but so smooth on the motorway!

http://www.trollhattansaab.net/wp-co...ab900se-31.jpg