Nurgle WIP

Thread: Nurgle WIP

Default Nurgle WIP

A little painting over the holidays. Not the greatest pic but comments/suggestions appreciated. My first attempt at some conversion work as well. The missing arm will be holding a LOTR-style Nazgul "chain and ball" once I get him on his base.

Name:  2010-12-31 11-30-41.079.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  92.9 KB

I'll get an update of the base soon and as the project progresses.

~Sparty

Hi Sparty, nice job Might just be the photo but he looks to be lacking a bit of depth. Just working a little of something dark into the most deeply shaded areas should help to provide better contrast to the nice highlights you've already got. Perhaps a mix of Scaly Green & Scorched Brown? A touch more intensity to parts of the red with a couple of fine glazes might be nice too. The Nurgling looks good Is that other arm on yet?

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Default Recent update

Here is a recent shot. Better pic I think. I am in the finishing stages now. Gotta work on the leather straps on the weapons to make them pop a bit more. They look ok in real life, but soooo flat in the picture. Need to work on the mace more too - looks blah.

Name:  nurgle 1-25.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  753.0 KB

thats a lovely job love the base, might i suggest a tad more rust on the mace and chain
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Aye on the rust! Looking good so far, great greens and I do love the colours you achieved on his 'pipes' those looks like diseased seafood, well done!
    Last edited by Meph; 01-26-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

cool guy, as said great green colour! and the base rocks too!