whats the most dramatic effect you ever had on another person.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: whats the most dramatic effect you ever had on another person.

Default whats the most dramatic effect you ever had on another person.

you first
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

fall in love and have my children, what a sucker!

once made an old g/f cry with the old rose petals to the bedroom trick. she didn't like it so i punched her... just kidding.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Getting my then-girlfriend that I wasn't going to leave her at the drop of a pin. Then getting her to marry me !

so much positivity feel the powerrrr!

i once caused someone to physically defacate themselves, yep im proud he was a bad guy and not everyone i know can say they made someone actually shit themselves.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

I seem to be good at making people cry (both the happy and sad kind of crying). I once made a friend throw up at the dinner table by referencing the old Nintendo commercial that was in turn inspired by the Monty Python sketch from Meaning of Life Chapter VI.

@Jericho: Still makes my stomach uneasy watching... brilliant but uugh Perhaps not helped by laughter.

I once shot a man just for snoring.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I shot a man in Reno; just to watch him die.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Why Billy, how brutish.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

I've made a man who swore he had no emotions cry like a baby out of love (no not Roger). I've made a man move to another state on the other side of the country and become a cabinet maker because I said I didn't want him any more. I've made a woman change the course of her life with one sentence. I've made a man return to his wife by sleeping with him (not sure that's a good thing but it felt like it at the time.) I've stop a 2 year old from ever throwing tantrums again just by telling her it was not allowed. I help Roger fall in love.

I've learned over the years to be careful. I don't like having that kind of effect on people. Too much resonsibility.
    Last edited by lizcam; 01-02-2011 at 03:12 AM.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by lizcam View Post
    I've learned over the years to be careful. I don't like having that kind of effect on people. Too much resonsibility.
    So Very True.
    Best I can say I've tried to do, is to be a friend when people needed one.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

Depends on type of effect were talking about?

-broken ribs and punctured lung (inflicted sports injury)
    -vomiting and unconsciousness (inflicted drinking injury)
    -filling pants with poo (inflicted laughter injury)
    -abject revulsion and rage (inflicted conversation injury)

And the list goes on!

i broke one of my fathers ribs once
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

hmmm tough question . . . convincing TBS that I love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him. He didn't want to believe it at first. Now I think he's seen that I'm serious and not gonna leave him Both of us have been through some tough shit in life. It's a bit hard to believe when you've found 'the one'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    So Very True.
    Best I can say I've tried to do, is to be a friend when people needed one.
    Also very true. Had that effect on others and they have had that effect on me. Simple friendship can be dramatic in effect even if it doesn't look dramatic at the moment.

I informed my superiors that a fellow airman was having some emotional issues. When they coaxed him into talking about it he admitted he was planning to kill his girlfriend and then himself. (for the sake of this thread I'm simplifying it and leaving out some horrible details) The girl had been his first, and she had dumped him in a pretty cold manner. So he was put on suicide watch after having all of his living areas searched for weaponry. He had fourteen knives in his collection. He wasn't left alone for two weeks, and even when he was sleeping would have two people watching him at all times. Many times I was one of those two people. He was evaluated by two psychologists and they concurred that he was emotionally unstable and capable of violence. They suggested anti-psychotics. He was administratively discharged from the service and sent back to his home many states away to a family situation that in my mind was horrible. While he was given medical compensation for continued treatment, he couldn't be forced. I have no idea what became of him, and no idea if he ever received the help he needed.

That was probably the biggest impact I've had on another life, and on my own. I never forgave the Air Force or that Colonel for the way they handled his treatment. They simply wanted to wash their hands clean of him.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

I've probably got two:

I've had a girlfriend for 8,5 years, she's my ex now, but during my time with her she developed some childhood traumas into serious psychological afflictions.
    She's been in a youth-mental institution for over 10 month (normally they kick you out after 2-3 months)
    She still sleeps in an institution about 3-5 weeks a year.
    She suffers a number of serious psychological afflictions (incl. Hypochondria, psychoses, delusions and Dissociative Episodes which, for all intends and purposes, turn her into a 6 year old version of herself)
    Serious Depressions and suicidal and automutilatory tendencies.

I've always looked out for her and cared for her (until 1,5 years ago, when i finally decided to look after myself for a change).
    People sometimes tell me I've kept her alive, and going strong all those years.
    That I'm the only reason she'd still here, and finally starting to learn how to look after herself.

What's worse... they're probably right :s

The second and current favourite involves my newest ex-GF, and last christmas.

After a nice 2nd day of christmas spent shopping with friends, she confided in me she's only had 3-4 good christmasses.

So, I dragged her to a christmas diner I'd planned with my brother.
    Instead of spending christmas with reheated soup and a computer game, she spent it with my brother and me, having a good time, playing games, prepring a wonderful christmas diner and tiramisu as a desert.

When i brought her home that night, she told me in the sweetest and sincerest voice that she'd had a wonderful christmas thanks to me.

so, saving one live, and improving on another one's christmas would be the highlight of my life so far
    "The purpose of life is to be remembered, the meaning of life is to remember those that came before you." -Mourner

My personal motto when it comes to painting:
    "Try everything, and find what works for you."

My personal motto when it comes to life:
    "You can do anything you like, as long as you do it right."

I believe the biggest impact I've ever had on someone, that I know of at least, is Katja, my love. She decided to leave a good and stable relationship to try to spend her life with me, someone she really didn't know closer than as a friend of her current boyfriends friend when we started hanging out. I still feel a bit bad about 'stealing' her and I know she's still very guilt tripped about it even though it is several years ago, but I like to believe that it was a good decision. It is both my and her longest relationship yet and we are still ticking.

The second greatest impact I believe I've had on someone's life is when I recommended an ex colleague for a new job in Norway. They accepted him based on my review and today he's apparently living a very rich life(both monetary and spiritually) with his wife and kid permanently abroad.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Blog Entries

There's a great many things i've had a hand in with the way things/people have turned out. I can't name them all off the top of my head, even if I wanted to. Needless to say I wouldn't really, it's not something i'd wear as a gong. The important thing to me is that if you can change someones life for the better, no matter how small and act, it's worth doing really.
    I can't say it's all been fluffy stories really, there are many different means to employ for the greater good even if it does mean getting your hands and your conscience a bit dirty. C'est la vie...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...