It's snowing!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's snowing!

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Default It's snowing!

Ok, all you people in snow bound areas probably think I'm nuts but you have to remember Donna and I live in the desert and Donna's NEVER BEEN SNOWED ON IN HER LIFE! Well that changed not 5 minutes ago. It's snowing here!

I bundled Donna (Wiccanpony, BTW, for those who don't know us well) into a jacket and scarf. She protested all they way. Too cold for her lizard blood. Then we rolled out in front of the apartment. We only stayed for a minute or two. She is filled with lizard blood after all and I didn't have anything on my feet. But she got to touch first hand the lite, fine flakes falling from the sky! (I know Donna, I'm a bully. But you HAVE to be snowed on at least once in your life if you get the chance).

It's not sticking to the ground yet and it'll only last for a few hours but I'm really glad Donna got to be snowed on. Caps the whole holiday season.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

Lucky bastards

Won't she melt?
    Last edited by noneedforaname; 01-02-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Gremlins

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

damn! girl it's freaking cold outside .............. my inner Lizard is curled in a corner whimpering ;p

by the way ...Roger! Liz was bare footed outside ........... now you're in trouble girl
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

I tend to find the humor in it like Liz does! I had a friend who arrived at our military base in Germany straight outta basic training. We had a "rare" accumulating snowfall a few weeks after he arrived. We find out that day, because of his amazement, he's from San Bernidino, CA and has never seen snow except on TV. Nothing beats watch someone NOT be able to for a snowball.

He thought it was the end of the world -we got a total of 2.5" that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    your my boogaboo. thanks suki.
    Bigshoota.com

Granite City Waaagh! Fest!
    The Big Mek Manual

bullets left and I'm comin' for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by wiccanpony View Post
    damn! girl it's freaking cold outside .............. my inner Lizard is curled in a corner whimpering ;p
    Enjoy it while it lasts! Nothing, absolutely nothing is so beautiful as the wonder of snow. No two snow flakes are identical and no force of nature is more difficult to predict. It is really a show of the pure natural force that is chaos, wiccans should appreciate that more than anything.

Liz was bare footed outside
    That's the best way to greet the first snow! Whoop whoop! Over here I never got the chance to go out bare footed this year, the snow and cold happened over a night and the first snow here was accompanied with -15 centigrade and roughly 10cm thick layers.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

this Wiccan appreciates it when it's in the 90s
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

I'm sure we can rustle up a bonfire ;-p

Warm weather is one thing, but there is something special about sitting close to a warm fire having just opened up the cocoon of clothes you're wearing to take in that special kind of heat on a cold, cold winter night. *sighs*
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Moved to the land of Oz in March of 2014. Interesting place, Kansas.
    Blog Entries

Wiccanpony appreciates it when it's 90 outside. Some of us others like it colder.

See, this is a running ....... disagreement in the house. I'm from Wisconsin. Northeastern Wisconsin. You have to go south to get to parts of Canada from there. She calls me a polar bear. She grew up mostly in San Diego, which is further south by at least 3/4 the length of Brittan from here. She's a lizard if there ever was one. She'll go out and bask in the sun in the summer to warm up. I walk around the house in shorts and tank tops while she's covered in sweats, mittens and warm woolly slippers. I want to throw the window open in winter and she's forever opening them in the summer. It's a good thing we like each other.
    We done done it now. We're finally hitched. We are now the dreaded two headed Roger - Liz - Bunting monster you have all feared.

Quote Originally Posted by lizcam View Post
    Wiccanpony appreciates it when it's 90 outside. Some of us others like it colder.

See, this is a running ....... disagreement in the house. I'm from Wisconsin. Northeastern Wisconsin. You have to go south to get to parts of Canada from there. She calls me a polar bear. She grew up mostly in San Diego, which is further south by at least 3/4 the length of Brittan from here. She's a lizard if there ever was one. She'll go out and bask in the sun in the summer to warm up. I walk around the house in shorts and tank tops while she's covered in sweats, mittens and warm woolly slippers. I want to throw the window open in winter and she's forever opening them in the summer. It's a good thing we like each other.

That's pretty much me and Katja... Winter is there so you get some pause from the heat of summer in my opinion, she, while sharing my love for snow, would much rather have the fluff of snow in the warmth of the summer.

Love both hot and cold, always nice to feel the seasons change. I do however hate rain, that's one thing about Bolton I certainly don't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by noneedforaname View Post
    I'm sure we can rustle up a bonfire ;-p
    it better be in the middle of a good pub ............ and the only "steak" is a new york strip :P with baked potatoe

I miss dan quail

you should come see teh snow \ cold here

We just lost all our snow here in S. Ontario... three days of single digits and rain Winter rain has got to be the nastiest weather, at least IMO.

Donna, if I'd known way back when you'd never been snowed on, I would have sent you some with that musketeer!

I agree, just hate it when it rains/sleets/ices up in the winter. We've still plenty of snow on the ground here in corn country.

So does this coffin dodger.
    Having had a chunk of bowel removed 30 years ago body temp maintenance/feeling the cold is something I have to be careful with.
    Having said that the most recent snow dump wasn't too bad. Probably due to the low (surprisingly so) humidity even at -10 Celcius.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Donna, why do you think I'd be mad at Liz for going outside in bare feet?

In my year at school were a guy who'd grown up in Fiji & another in the Phillipines, still remember the look on their faces the first time it snowed Something everyone should get to experience at least once.

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Quote Originally Posted by BPI View Post
    In my year at school were a guy who'd grown up in Fiji & another in the Phillipines, still remember the look on their faces the first time it snowed Something everyone should get to experience at least once.

Cheers, B.
    Heh. In college (Boulder, CO FYI), we had a Hawaiian in our dorm who had decided he was going to experience the mountains and cold. Turns out he really missed the heat and humidity. Turned up the radiator full blast and had a humidifier going full blast (probably more than one; can't recall). The dorms were older, and he warped the wooden door to the room with his island environment. His roommate said that they wound up propping a chair under the handle each night because they couldn't close the door enough to lock it anymore!

I do believe he transferred out after Christmas.
    "Reality, she's a mathematical bitch from hell.", MaxedOutMama
    Wanna be bored? Watch me twitter. --<>-- Still have neurons? Watch my YouTube channel on painting!
    Want to know when to fry your neurons? My painting twitter will announce the videos.
    To judge how far to follow my advice, consider this: ---<>--- Slappin' paint on minis since 2006