Matt's NMM and Blending Article - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt's NMM and Blending Article

Very well presented mate, alot better quality than ones I've read before.

Hi Matt,

Great article. I love your NMM style. Certainly something I want to work on for my own arsenal once I get a few on-going projects finished. I'll certainly be referring to this thread for help.

Great Work! Thanks!!

Outright Amazing!
    BEST NMM Tutorial - EVER!

Great tutorial Matt, thanks for putting it together. I need to work on my blending a lot before I try anything like this but I'll definitely keep it bookmarked for future reference. Really looking forward to the next installment!

Don't forget to include your Gold recipe....LOL.

Fantastic article! I can't wait to try this technique out!

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Great article so far Matt! Just an observation you may find interesting, you and I blend in a similar fashion, except I use a wet palette vs. the one you use (though I do use yours from time to time for certain things). I mix several shades I am going to use as well, but I find a wet palette gives me the opportunity to mix even more intermediate shades if I need to. I also "feather", use thin paint in layers, or whatever I need to get the job done and look good. You have just been able to explain it a bit better than I ever have, since it's a mix of different techniques as you pointed out.
    Good stuff, looking forward to more!
    ~Jeff~
    Yeah man, his is way easier to understand than yours!

Quote Originally Posted by mattsterbenz View Post

Alright, that's it for now. The next installment will focus on determining your light source, and learning how and where to place highlights to make your NMM more convincing.

Until next time,

-Matt
    Is it next time yet?

Cool More please!!!

This is a fantastic article! VERY helpful.
    I am working on my NMM skills right now, and I am excited to keep watching this thread grow with NMM goodness.

I am hoping that you will cover how to paint rounded surfaces like....I dunno.......say, Grey Knight Terminators! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    Don't forget to include your Gold recipe....LOL.
    First, this looks like an amazing tutorial so far and I'm SO excited to see it through. I second Jesterz in that I am hoping you might list recipes for the basic metals: bronze, gold, and iron by the end of this promising tut. Thanks

Well, considering the OP's last post in this thread was January 4th of this year, it might be a while guys .

For those wanting Matt's recipes for NMM, there's a thread of his somewhere that can be found with a quick search. Its his WIP thread and has a lot of good recipes and tips in. It also explains that unfortunately he has - at least for the forseable future stopped display painting. A terrible shame IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicksy View Post
    For those wanting Matt's recipes for NMM, there's a thread of his somewhere that can be found with a quick search. Its his WIP thread and has a lot of good recipes and tips in. It also explains that unfortunately he has - at least for the forseable future stopped display painting. A terrible shame IMO.
    I believe this is the thread you are referring to if anyone is having trouble finding it. He posts recipes throughout the thread (I found several just on page 2

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...att\-s-WIP-2.0

Thank you for that Rddean.