The Sanguinor, Exemplar of the Host
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sanguinor, Exemplar of the Host

Default The Sanguinor, Exemplar of the Host

Hi all,
    This miniature has been sitting on my desk unfinished for months, over christmas i finally had time to finish it.
    The aim with this painting was to do a copy of the studio version that i also painted but without the stop and start that was involved in the stage by stage photography.
    Doing the guide for white dwarf was fun but i really fancied painting this figure in the usual way, and i was interested in how it would come out.
    personally i prefer this second version, but i'll let you decide!
    I have posted a few backgrounds, let me know what you think please.
    Many thanks, Daz
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/268302
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/268301
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by razza; 01-04-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Amazing I wish I could do any NMM.

I can't tell the differance between them, are they painted in a different style, or are they subtle and I'm just not seeing them?

you should paint for a living....
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Talion View Post
    Amazing I wish I could do any NMM.

I can't tell the differance between them, are they painted in a different style, or are they subtle and I'm just not seeing them?
    I cant see it either except for a difference in tone of the gold NMM.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

The pics above are of the same miniature, i am refering to the first sanguinor that i painted for the studio. sorry for the confusion.

Great job Razza, on both! I do prefer the second one as well. I like the little added details and some of the reflections seem to be more subtle and realistic. Thumbs way up!

Meh, I guess it's ok if you like perfectly painted NMM and subtle wonderful blendings.

Good thing I do.

Wonderful paint!!!

Nothing much else to add - just perfect basically!

Does look a teeny bit smoother and can see the extra little flourishes compared to your original, but I love both!
    Having seen the 1st right up close I can't imagine how you could do it better, but... success!

I used the tutorial on the 1st one to do the NMM on my Eowyn, and that turned out alright for me

Sorry if that was a bit gushing, it's just bad-ass...

Thanks for the comments guys, this version does have some extra detail on the red on the shoulders and on the sword. i also painted part of the wing gold after seeing a few done that way and liked the look of it. I guess i should have posted a few close ups of the parchment etc to show the detail too, i may put a few more pics up in this thread soon.
    The really funny thing when painting this miniature was that i found myself using my own guide to paint it too! I have recieved a lot of positive feedback from the white dwarf guide and i hope it has helped a lot of people with NMM. As with most things i'm sure that it is just the tip of the iceberg and there is still a lot more to learn....
    Thanks again! Daz

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

You made the one done by some chump in White Dwarf look like crap, well done! All joking aside, this is amazing, I loved ( and appreciated) the NMM article, it really helped me to understand the technique and where I was going wrong. Now if I can only work up the guts to try it out! Thanks for posting, Razza.

Despite my not caring for the model, your article in WD was one of it's highlights of 2010 Glad to see you got the chance to enjoy him without the hassle of a step-by-step. Quality work, as ever

Cheers, B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

this is crazy. I really see the differnce in this one and the last one. this one is a step above the last one for sure. a little more subtle and smooth. Razza once again you have claimed your throne as the nmm king!
    (will this be entered in golden demon? as open of course?)
    "If you've got what it takes...
    Its gonna take everything you've got."

can't say enough good things about this paintjob...
    i look forward to trying to match it someday soon...

you rock, Daz!!!

cheers
    jah

looks awesome. I'll have to pick up a copy of that White Dwarf. Cheers for posting

-Matt
    My website: www.msterbenz.com
    My ETSY shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mattsterbenz
    My miniature painting blog: http://mattsterbenz.blogspot.com/
    My oil painting blog: http://msterbenz.blogspot.com

Newbie, please be gentle Vanilla vincent's Avatar

A masterpice ,fantastic and amazing job
    you are a true masterpainter and a grate inspiration for me

how many hours did you put on this mini ?

Funny, i was looking at razza's post on Warseer from 2006. He posted an example of some NMM work he'd done with the line "who says 'Eavy Metal cant do NMM?"

I was impressed with the picture but now compared to this paint job it looks a little sub par. Just goes to show what 4 years of dedicated painting can do.

Amazing job! While i love the rendition in WD 364, the sword always niggled me. This version is simply perfect! Its inspiring me to try and do Dante!

Yeah! His colour are richer than the original and the changes you made definitely help 'frame' more of the models features thanks alot.

I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

nice paint job but fairplay that is one ugly miniature gw minis are getting worse by the year

Quote Originally Posted by cyberakuma View Post
    nice paint job but fairplay that is one ugly miniature gw minis are getting worse by the year
    You are joking yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by cyberakuma View Post
    IMO they are getting better and better. The plastics are amazing and the metal models blow me away!