First Founding Display Group Project WIP - Page 11
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: First Founding Display Group Project WIP

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    Here's the Blood Angel. I still need to do the eyes, as my hands were shaking too bad. I am not happy with the freehand, but I suck at heraldry. Now if it had been a demonic face I would have been all over it! What do you think, Jesterz? Passable?
    I hate to do it, but could you redo the shoulder pad without the banner?

Jester, if you need someone to take up a slot I'd be game to do so. I'm sure I can dig up one of those marines from either my bitz or raid my (SM hoarding) buddy's bitz.

So far all the paint jobs are looking great, can't wait to see more pictures!!
    -Aureo

hi cheers for adding me to the list, the only problem is i dont have the old marine mini, so if anyone could send/ sell me one that'd be appreciated

-fuzz
    Last edited by Fuzzbuket; 08-15-2011 at 04:48 AM. Reason: my horrible spelling!

righto on to it then
    just to clarify this paint job with a red imperial aquila?
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...attach/jpg.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Footoomba; 08-15-2011 at 05:19 AM.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    I hate to do it, but could you redo the shoulder pad without the banner?
    No prob, man. You also want an extra shoulder pad by itself, correct?

Looks like I'm on the team. I'll let you know when the CC Marine arrives.
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

FYI, you are missing grey knights on your list -> which are most definitely a pre-heresy space marine chapter.

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by funnymouth View Post
    FYI, you are missing grey knights on your list -> which are most definitely a pre-heresy space marine chapter.
    I think they came much later. But I don't have a clue what the fluff says anymore. It used to be that they were a fairly recent Founding, as far as 40K fluff is concerned. Unless they were one of the Unknown/Purged Chapters.

I'm not really sure they are part of the space marine Astartes. I believe they fall into the Ordo Malleus and were actually founded during the Heresy rather than prior to:

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Grey_Knights

ah, your right , they are not technically part of "space marine Astartes," though fluff indicates that they predate the heresy, and that they are space marines. technical exemption =). besides, they'd be boring to paint since the pre/early heresy gk armor is described as being gunmetal with no markings of any type. they do have a neat founding story, though.

These guys are defo CCMs right? Don't really know what the ones before AoBR look like so would hate to get the wrong boys.

While Projekt: Recovery on Mr Blue is proceeding a good bit of time will be saved if I have a cleaner slate to work from so I'll just grab this lot (currently at auction).

Edit: And you _want_ black bases yeah? 'Cos that is awesome haha
    Last edited by Kalidane; 08-15-2011 at 05:38 PM.
    The Future Of Magic Wash is Klear

supervike: This site is cake, the scoring is icing. Scrape it off if you don't like it, the cake is still delicious!!

Dragonsreach: Oh my goodness, an Orrery and the Time Machine, at this time of the morning. I think I need a stiff cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    No prob, man. You also want an extra shoulder pad by itself, correct?
    YEs.
    For each Chapter.
    Does Everyone have/can get an extra pad?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidane View Post
    These guys are defo CCMs right? Don't really know what the ones before AoBR look like so would hate to get the wrong boys.

While Projekt: Recovery on Mr Blue is proceeding a good bit of time will be saved if I have a cleaner slate to work from so I'll just grab this lot (currently at auction).

Edit: And you _want_ black bases yeah? 'Cos that is awesome haha
    Yes, those are the ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Footoomba View Post
    righto on to it then
    just to clarify this paint job with a red imperial aquila?
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...attach/jpg.gif
    Yes, that color.
    And either Black or Red aquila.
    But just the same Yellow for the Helmet/head.

Quote Originally Posted by funnymouth View Post
    Not a chapter.
    They exist as an elite force for the Iquisition, Much like the Custodians for the Emperor/Lords of Terra.
    With no originating Primarch, they are not technically a chapter.

yeah, previously. now GW has been calling them a chapter.
    i dug a bit more and got a better idea of the recent historical revisions of the GK.
    the founding members are made up of Malcador (uh, maybe) & ex traitors (???) who disappeared in to the warp (with the moon titan) for the heresy, then reappeared a few years later, having trained for hundreds of years in the warp (???) as a complete chapter. its rumored that the emporer may be the genetic donor.
    stupid, and not exactly clear....

I've got plenty o' shoulder pads from my bitz box, but they are the newer version, does that matter?

Also, I've been doing some research, but does anybody have input on the best way to paint a pre-heresy smurf.
    I've seen everything from predominantly blue and white...to modern day colors with a white right arm...to white/blue/gold (in honor of Roboute Guilliame)...to blue/white with red right arms...what would be best, what would be correct, what are you wanting Jester? (I like this guy)
    Last edited by cannon_fodder; 08-16-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    YEs.
    For each Chapter.
    Does Everyone have/can get an extra pad?
    Hmm, I'm thinking matching the purple I did without the mini in hand may be a challenge. I wonder if I can excavate a paint sample from my palette? ...

all clean and base coated
    how do i stick in a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by cannon_fodder View Post
    I've got plenty o' shoulder pads from my bitz box, but they are the newer version, does that matter?
    As long as it is plain (no banner or nameplate) that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cannon_fodder View Post
    Also, I've been doing some research, but does anybody have input on the best way to paint a pre-heresy smurf.
    I've seen everything from predominantly blue and white...to modern day colors with a white right arm...to white/blue/gold (in honor of Roboute Guilliame)...to blue/white with red right arms...what would be best, what would be correct, what are you wanting Jester? (I like this guy)
    Blue is best, (see earlier pages for conversation with Meg(fieldarchy)) with maybe a golden/yellow chest eagle and white trim.
    They really haven't changed much. The older (rogue trader era) figures didn't have shoulder pad trim and one of the shoulders was spiked, so this isn't going to be a "Perfect" reflection anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    Hmm, I'm thinking matching the purple I did without the mini in hand may be a challenge. I wonder if I can excavate a paint sample from my palette? ...
    If you can't I will just do one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Footoomba View Post
    all clean and base coated
    how do i stick in a pic?
    either host it somewhere (flickr, imageshack) and place the URL between [img]url...[/img] tags
    Or upload it in the reply menu under the image icon.
    Last edited by JesterzUSMC; 08-17-2011 at 02:12 PM.