First Founding Display Group Project WIP - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: First Founding Display Group Project WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Yeah, tell me about it man. I'm not a fan of travelling in and out of the US anymore... Doesn't help that TSA agents seem to believe they're gods gift to humanity, protecting us all through utter subjugation ><
    TSA = Totally Stupid Assholes?

Quote Originally Posted by cleen X View Post
    A wip thread :-O The pressure is on obviosly..
    No pressure...take your time.
    I am looking at a late spring to middle of the summer target...breathe and relax!

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    No pressure...take your time.
    I am looking at a late spring to middle of the summer target...breathe and relax!
    Good cos i might've smudged red on his helmet & shoulder pad & its proving a pain to get rid of. tempted to strip it & start again...

Blog Entries

And I started without realising I hadn't removed the mold lines...I'm such a tit...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

yes, yes you are....oh OH, that's fucked it...LMAO!

Blog Entries

Pretty much what I thought lol! Least I didn't get too far in, i'd hate to strip off some decent work.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Well, I to am feeling like a dumb @$$ right now too. I didn't bother to get out my old White Dwarf with the Alpha Legion Index Astartes until after doing the blue. What do I see but that Alpha Legion were purple pre-heresy! At first I thought, "no problem, a couple of purple washes will fix that," since I usually do a purple wash on blue anyway. No such luck.

So, here's my beautiful post-heresy legionnaire ready for chapter and squad markings!

I guess I'll pick up another CC marine from the LGS tonight. I feel like such an idiot.

you sure about that i thought they were a blue grey sort of colour

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Alpha_Legion

the chapter symbols a green "A" with chain link across the middle
    Last edited by cassar; 01-13-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Looks great Khavor. Even if it isn't purple or grey, or greyish purple... Or purplish grey.

-Matt
    My website: www.msterbenz.com
    My ETSY shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mattsterbenz
    My miniature painting blog: http://mattsterbenz.blogspot.com/
    My oil painting blog: http://msterbenz.blogspot.com

Hang on to it.....Maybe the next project will be Post heresy

Yeah..that's a bit too blue...I don't like the purple and green on the fig in Cassar's link, but the deep dark violet of the Index Astartes is excellent.

Yep, double checked by cracking open my copy of Legion and reading a couple of descriptions of their armor. Described as a rich purple color. Oh well, now I have a chance to use one of my all time favorite oooold GW colors that I seldom find a place for - Nauseating Blue! (plus I bought some P3 Beaten Purple while I was picking up a new marine).

And don't worry about the blue guy! I'll certainly find a use for him somewhere. Perhaps an Alpha Legion squad for my CSM army?

You can still get these CC marines at your LGS?!
    I can't even get the new ones!
    I have to take an hour drive north to the closest GW store, or I have to place the order at my LGS.
    GW's independent retailer policies make it too expensive for my LGS to keep them in stock.

Blog Entries

See! Something similar coulda happened to me! No offence, but thank f**k it was you instead lol!

Glad to help out! Even as a cautionary tale to tell:
    "Let this be a warnin' to ye. Read your Index Astartes BEFORE you start!"

And yeah, our LGS has a used bin for trade-ins. I'd noticed there were a few CC marines in there last week in case I screwed something up (which I promptly did).

hey guys,

Is there a link to photos of the pre-heresy color schemes? I am not familiar with fluff at all . . .

Also Jester and I were talking about the charity the money should go to and I made a suggestion. He recommended I post it in the forums . . . is this the thread to do it?

Blog Entries

Don't worry Pre Heresy Ultra smurfs didn't change to present at all. Just paint a normal smurf as you would. Now get back to work, slacker!

Minus the gold on the Ultrasmurf...they were much more blue, everywhere...maybe go for a darker blue trim on the shoulder pads instead of white or gold.
    And there are links posted somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Don't worry Pre Heresy Ultra smurfs didn't change to present at all. Just paint a normal smurf as you would. Now get back to work, slacker!

pffft look who's talking! You get back to work! I've at least got 3 minis nearing completion. How many do you have??? :P

AAAH! Conan just farted in my face . . . thank you dog! Why does he only seem to do this when his butt is pointed in my direction.