First Founding Display Group Project WIP - Page 8
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: First Founding Display Group Project WIP

I'll be giving it a poke today again, just gonna have a rough clearing of the desk and some breakfast first.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Been working on highlighting the black without making it gray.
    What do you think?

Just a heads up. I got some shopping to do, and I saw these really neat looking name plates.
    Can you guys do a separate shoulder pad with the Chapter's symbol on it?
    It shouldn't be difficult to find spares, but they would look great on a nameplate under each figure's position on the shelves.
    I'll be sending this in a PM too.

This separate pad, you want it to be of the new kind, those that are detailed om the rims or of the older pads?
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    This separate pad, you want it to be of the new kind, those that are detailed om the rims or of the older pads?
    As nondescript as you can find.
    One of the plain ones.

If you want one of the basic ones, I can send it out to you...LOL

oh, I've got plenty of both plain, plainer and elaborate. XD

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    Been working on highlighting the black without making it gray.
    What do you think?
    Ummmm, you have succeeded....I confess I'm having trouble seeing the highlights.

So... you highlighted black with black?:P HAhaha sorry, can't see if you're being sarcastic there or serious
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    i prefer to get two miniatures and rub them around on my gaming bobos.
    Totally going for #1 -->

now thats some subtle highlights....i think
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Blog Entries

Currently working on that Night Lord. Have no fear. Or have fear... Whichever works best for you. Trying to figure out how the f*ck i'm going to get those nice midnight sheens without making it look like a really dark ultra smurf... I think I have a plaaaaaan.

Ed: Also had to cut off the little skull on the helmet. Apparently they painted the front of their helmets like skulls, so skulls on skulls...yeah. Also realising all this freehand will test my patience lol, chapter badge, lighting strikes... Not even sure what to do for a tangible company marking yet. Any nod in the right direction with that would be appreciated. On the other hand, a tidy little challenge to be had here.
    Last edited by Torn blue sky; 04-16-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

try khavors nightlords absolutley spiffing old chap.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

It is subtle. I have used a VERY dark gray. And VERY thin layers.
    The lightbox obliterated any trace of the subtlety. Now it just looks flat.
    BUT it doesn't look gray...so there is that.
    It's only the first shade up from straight black...patience mang!

Tried highlighting it through dark blue?

Nope. I want the other one that way.
    I have two black armored Chapters.
    Dark Angels and Iron Hands.
    I am going to go with the deep blue on the Iron Hands.

im no painting genius but how about highlighting with dark green? so highlight it as if it were dark blue but use green instead?

as i said im no genius!

-fuzz

Patience....If I can refrain from my impatience and keep working on this slowly...it will look good without blue or green.
    I don't want to use green because I don't want it to look even remotely like the post-heresy color-scheme.
    I am saving blue for the Iron Hands.

You'll see. It's been a long time since I've done anything bnetter than table-top, so I am concentrating and being overly careful.

Blog Entries

Slowly slowly catchy monkey! Black can be a shitter to paint right.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I know.
    This is the third attempt.
    Thankfully I'm using SUPER thinned stages...too many more and I'll have to strip [the mini] and start over.
    Last edited by JesterzUSMC; 04-16-2011 at 05:44 PM. Reason: clarification of intent

Blog Entries

Just some pics and proof I have actually been doing something and not sitting about on my arse saying I am. Can't tell if the pics are up to much since my comp is being a bit of a swine with graphics issues. In traditional WIP fashion, it's currently a bit of a mess, have no fear, it'll emerge eventually like a beauuuutiful butterfly...or moth. Probably a moth.

<Bump>
    Still waiting on the majority of participants to respond.
    I need to be sure everyone is working.
    If you can't show progress, or at least respond, I may need to find new participants.