Atgill's Workbench
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Atgill's Workbench

Default Atgill's Workbench

Well hello!

I've recently had a good experience posting my first WIP thread. It was about my rendition to Forgeworld's Great Unclean One, made in WFB scale (or, to fit in a 50x50 base).
    Some positive feedback received, and the fact that I'm currently working on several projects, encouraged me to make a new single thread, where I'll be blathering about and updating conversions, a few scratch-built sculptures and some painting. And also working on my english-fu.

So, the Nurgle Demon was part of a larger commission, wich consisted in the four Great Demons of Chaos. Warhammer size, but Forgeworld lookalike.
    Looking at the regular GW figures and the pretended result, it only made sense to convert the ones of Tzeentch and Slaanesh. As those of Khorne and Nurgle would end up entirely covered with putty, the commissioner agreed to build them from scratch. This is how Khorne begins:

The process is exactly the same explained in my previous thread. This time, I began not from a cork, but a wire skeleton (round section, 2mm).

Next, another parallel commission, a 35mm full-sculpture of some certain greek warrior from console games...

And the last one, for today, is Count Manfred:

I made it based on an illustration from the Vampire Counts artwork. I swapped the weapons, removed the cape and used Mephiston's lower body. Remnant of a previous commission wich required a different skirt.
    Last edited by atgill; 09-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.

wow nice sculpting!
    ace manfred conversion too

Wow!! Really, really nice sculpting! Love the greek. The face is perfect, great expression.

Great work. Both the conversion and the Greek are looking great.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

Wow! Very impressive muscles!

wow, great stuff, can't wait to see more from you
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Thank you very much!

Next, a small update:

Added some muscles/basic volumes to Khorne, and some armour plates on its ankles. I'm not quite satisfied with the result on these last, I think I'll have to rebuild them later.
    Also started with the head:

On the other hand, Kratos shows some progress on its legs muscles and bands:

And finally, some conversions. I've been working on my versions of two well-known Space Marine Librarians. The first one is Mephiston, from the Blood Angels chapter:

It is based on a beautiful illustration by Mark Gibbons, and this is the third one I make. The head belongs to Ithandir (Andrea) and the skirt to Deva (Reaper). This time I wold like to try a different colour scheme.

The other one is Ezekiel, from the Dark Angels:

I've always seen it on the same position, wich made me want to build a different version. The only external components are two plastic arms and the Dark Angels ancient, riveted backpack. The rest is greenstuff, and wire on the sword's grip.

More to come!
    Last edited by atgill; 09-03-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Great work. Really like the mephiston conversion.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

are u goin to cast the demons after they're done ?
    or will this be some unique sculpting work ?

would like to get mah hands on those mini demons 4 my showcase
    like those fw minis but they're far too big n expensive 4 my showcase an me ^^
    "A little dark magic won't stop me. The worse the curse, the better the prize."—Radavi, Joraga relic hunter, last words

Quote Originally Posted by Desmosn View Post
    are u goin to cast the demons after they're done ?
    i wouldn't recommend it at the best of times due to ip infringement but now is a particularly bad legal climate to even attempt

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    but now is a particularly bad legal climate to even attempt
    whys that ?
    "A little dark magic won't stop me. The worse the curse, the better the prize."—Radavi, Joraga relic hunter, last words

well, gw are suing chapterhouse studios and paulson games seem to be mixed up. they are understandably cracking down on their ip

I am so keeping a watch on this thread.
    I love your sculpting skills.
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

That's some very awesome sculpting and converting there...
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Thank you!

@Tee, nice to see you around here. I've been watching some of your work, and found some nice interesting things going on there. In fact, that made me dust off something I never managed to finish and would like to share with you:

Because even chaos space marines need to build their temples, trenches and stuff, isn't it?

What's the story behind it? Some time ago, I assembled and painted a Soul Grinder. It's a plastic kit, containing some spare parts like that mechanic arm with the claw.
    I love to think what can be done with some component(s) that seems unuseful, so I first came up with this idea:

The shape of it reminded me to a bird's head, plus the chaos marks...mmm..Tzeentch! Maybe build some kind of vehicle that looks like a non-flying bird...
    But after a little more thinking, and because I rather like Iron Warriors, a crane seemed a much funnier project, consistent with their mechanic tools and industrial machines imaginery. And I guess in gaming terms can count as a dreadnought.
    So I got myself a IG sentinel cockpit, the tracks and swivel from the Thunderfire Cannon, and exhausts from the classic Chaos Dreadnought. It's easy! No green stuff used.
    Then, while I was painting it, reached a point where I didn't know how to proceed, and left it unconcluded.

Maybe now is a good time to finish it, any suggestions?

Wow. Some fantastic sculpting here! Very inspirational.

-Matt
    My website: www.msterbenz.com
    My ETSY shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mattsterbenz
    My miniature painting blog: http://mattsterbenz.blogspot.com/
    My oil painting blog: http://msterbenz.blogspot.com

Atgill,
    That it awesome! the thumbs up is a nice touch.

I am totally going to steal that idea for something else. I have some Bits I could use!
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

That thing is begging for a diorama! Perhaps he's taking down an Imperial icon in front of some wailing priests or digging a mass grave for a row of prisoners standing ready to be shot into the ditch? Y'know a gruesome chaos-flavoured scene.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob