Help identifying movie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help identifying movie

Default Help identifying movie

I recall seeing a movie in the 80s, either a B SF or Fantasy film, which has stuck in my mind and has been bothering me on occasion. I shall now turn to you all to figure out what the heck I'm remembering.

The movie had a scene where the villain has the hero in his power as well as a bunch of other prisoners. A hapless prisoner is selected, and his hands are permanently enclosed in what looks like the top of a large ball mace with spikes on the exterior. His head is then put in a similar enclosure and some sort of mind controlling parasite is introduced, turning him into a violent beast. The hero then has to defeat the monster.

What film is this?
    I like it firm and fruity!

Ha! Found it!

That's it alright, the Beastmaster staring Marc Singer. The sequel was beyond terrible ...

You're describing the Death Guard, the bloodless, insane beserkers of the priest Maax.
    Last edited by gohkm; 01-11-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Man, that movie disturbed me when I was a little kid.

I thought it was freaking cool! Loved the conversion of man to Death Guard, but the only truly disturbing thing was how the priest-fanatics hung themselves at Maax's word. I think that's scarred me for life, the conviction of the zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chern Ann View Post
    Man, that movie disturbed me when I was a little kid.
    Didn't it have a rating?
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Beastmaster...

He had a pair of ferrets in his pants and a spray painted tiger.

Utter shit!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    Didn't it have a rating?
    PG with tits and man dissolving bat creatures, as well as torture and conscious lobotomy. Shudder.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacemunkie View Post
    Beastmaster...

He had a pair of ferrets in his pants and a spray painted tiger.

Utter shit!
    How very dare you! I loved the film as a kid.

Awww man, memories.

I kinda wanna watch it again now...

That movies was cheesy fun!

Those men-dissolving bat things were great!

There were a couple of the 'sword and scorcery' type movies (trying to capitilize on CONAN THE BARBARIAN's successs) during that stretch that are all cringinly bad. (but oh so much fun to watch)

Bah, not on Netflix. $9.99 on DVD.

Blog Entries

Ahhh the golden oldies. There were a lot of disturbing PG flicks back then. I still consider Krull and Dark Crystal among the classics haha!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Same guy who did Bubba-hotep and the Phantasm series.

Quote Originally Posted by Torn blue sky View Post
    Ahhh the golden oldies. There were a lot of disturbing PG flicks back then. I still consider Krull and Dark Crystal among the classics haha!
    Those were good. Then there was the Sword & the Sorcerer, and in the sci-fi vein, this incredibly terrible movie called Eliminators. I can't believe how much time I wasted watching B grade (or worse) movies in my youth - and loving every minute of it!

If you're still looking for "good" bad movies, I'd suggest Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

what was the movie where the good guys sword had three blades in parrallel the two on the outside could fly off impaling the unsuspecting baddies.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Quote Originally Posted by cassar View Post
    what was the movie where the good guys sword had three blades in parrallel the two on the outside could fly off impaling the unsuspecting baddies.
    That was so bad it was good as well....I'm pretty sure thats THE SWORD AND THE SORCERER

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084749/

yahoo thats it thats it,
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

okay folks identify this one, been tryin to find it for years. a movie where there are 3 main characters, i think australian or new zealanders. everyonje dissapears, except ppl that either committed suicide or died at the time of a time accident. i still remember the scene where hes set up a bunch of statues and cardboard ppl to listen to his speech.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking: