Ogre Army News !!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ogre Army News !!

Default Ogre Army News !!

Ok here some good news for all of you wanting to know what those ogre will have in their army :

PECIAL CHARACTERS:

Greasus Goldtooth the Overtyrant: THE biggest, fattest, richest Tyrant out there. The model has him SO fat that he has to be carried into battle by a regiment of Gnoblars, and he comes on a chariot base!

Skrag the Slaughterer - Prophet of Maw: A HUGE Ogre with blades for arms. He comes equpped with a cauldron which is dragged along via chains hooked into his flesh.

CHARACTERS:

The Tyrant: (Metal) The boss.

Butchers: (Metal) The wizards of the army. They practice \"Gut Magic\".

Hunter: (Metal) A massive, solitary Ogre accompanied by Sabretusks.

TROOPS:

Ogre Bulls (Plastic) The basic Ogre regiment. The standard with a Gnoblar in a ship\'s crows nest is brilliant!

Ironguts (Plastic) Bigger Ogres with better armour and great weapons.

Leadbelchers (Plastic) Yes, these are the cannon carrying fellas...

Gnoblars (Plastic) The bravest Gnoblars who form up into regiments.

Gorgers (Metal) Canibalistic Ogres. Imagine how hard these guys are if they eat Ogres for breakfast!

Yhetees (Metal) Tall, thin, hairy Ogres with some lovely rules to represent their chilly personalities!

Gnoblar Trappers: (Metal) These nasty little sods booby trap parts of the battlefield, and POSSIBLY may have missile weapons.

Maneaters: (Metal) These are the guys you have seen (including the fella with the pistols). The adapt to the cultures they fight in, so expect to see Empirised and Cathayan looking ones (complete with No-Dachi and bamboo armour).

ARTILLERY

Scraplauncher As Gnoblars cannot lift heavy rocks into their stonethrowers, they collect weaponry from battlefields, and launch bucketfulls of that instead. If anyone gets too close, they can always use the Rhinoxs who pull it to countercharge...

In addition, all of the plastic regiments may be considered to be DoW too...

Enjoy :cool:

Default love it love it love it...

Great stuff French Kid!!

I don\'t know which I am more excited for the Ogres or the Wood Elves.....

OH hell, I\'ll have to get as many of both as I can afford!!!!

Any pics? Concept art?

t_haye2

I just love the new ogres.....they\'re so...fantasy, and unlike anything gw has done in a while. A new army, with a totally different take. not that many models, so great for the paints more than plays peeps too. And you just have to love the gnoblars....Labyrinth anyone? Caresses the \'butcher\' a \'friend\' in the Studio gave her together with some plastic gnoblars :P i\'ll post the ogre when it\'s released....

oooh plastic ogres. coooool. anyway this is all well and good but when are we gonna see the pictures?!!!! also when are they out?

Pictures damn you Pictures!!! Its not news until it has picture!!!:bouncy:

G-nome

Damn them for bring out another very cool army with what looks like more variation than I thought and damn them for letting all and sundry use it too under DoW!

And is it just me or is \"Gnoblar\"a very funny word (snigger) :rolleyes:

Default Connected

Originally posted by t_haye2
    Caresses the \'butcher\' a \'friend\' in the Studio gave her together with some plastic gnoblars :P i\'ll post the ogre when it\'s released....
    It must be nice to have \'friends\' in the right place.....

No chance of posting it sooner, I suppose...:D;)

t_haye2

Originally posted by G-nome
    Damn them for bring out another very cool army with what looks like more variation than I thought and damn them for letting all and sundry use it too under DoW!

And is it just me or is \"Gnoblar\"a very funny word (snigger) :rolleyes:
    Well, oyu\'d be surprised at the amount of words GW makes up that are \'funny\' in that sense...well, those people in the studio need some way to relieve work tension...they make up dodgy names.
    And vikey, I would never get any more freebees if i went and posted it....so no chance baby!

Default fair enough....

Originally posted by t_haye2

And vikey, I would never get any more freebees if i went and posted it....so no chance baby!
    Yeah, but you could \'post\' it under someone elses name.....Like DragonsReach.....lollollollol

No, much better to be safe than sorry. Don\'t mess with a good thing!

But when will they be out? Does anyone know? I can\'t wait!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Why did you tell me this you evil evil person. An all Ogre Army definitely sound like a good thing. They will be mine.

But when will they be out? Does anyone know? I can\'t wait!
    December thru March. It\'s a long wait, but there is a rather large summer campaign between now and then

Default Pics of the new ogres.

I think these are pics oteh new ogres. there are also some new terminator in the works too. Enjoy.

Ogres and Terminators

Default me likey...

The concept drawings of the Yetees are intriguing as well..

I sure wish I could see that Ogre Hunter better...Looks like he has some sort of animal sidekicks..

I got to get a second and third job, just so I can properly buy everything I see.....

(maybe my wife can get a second and third job instead, that way I\'d still have time to paint....hmmm;))

The man speaks wisdom.lol

Originally posted by supervike

(maybe my wife can get a second and third job instead, that way I\'d still have time to paint....hmmm;))

The plastic Ogre troops are excellant with a really nice command sprue. The Gnoblars are wierd but fun! Not keen on the Ogre King but the other 2 metal figures I have seen are very good.

Neil

I think they have kind of a rackham look to them, which is a good thing :D But I hope GW don\'t strat doing rackham style minis all the time, I like their style too. :D

Looks like he has some sort of animal sidekicks..
    Yep, sabre toothed tigers :D

Not keen on the Ogre King
    I dunno, I quite liked it, and the oher special chacter looks good too. Not convinced on the yetees though :(

I\'ve found some pics here http://www.saunalahti.fi/~laineet/Wa.../ogresivu.html

*edit* oops you can find those too in photobucket :)

The Yeti are cool, and that wooly rhino too. Not so sure about the ogres though.