Ogre Army News !! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ogre Army News !!

The small ones with the big noses look very much like the paintings by swedish artist John Bauer. If you like trolls, mystical forests and just beautiful folklore art, check him out.

Here\'s a sample:

:wow:

And a page in english:http://www.bpib.com/illustrat/bauer.htm

Default cool...

cool link Astonia!

Back to the Ogres...

I sat through the little seminar GW put on at Gamesday discussing the upcoming Ogre Kingdoms. The minis,fluff,gaming info just added to my inherent need to buy new stuff!!

They had some of the minis on display, and although crowded all day, I did manage to get a few peeks and I am really excited for them.

I have always had a soft spot for Ogres, (they make up a majority of my posted pics!) and these guys are gonna be great.

The new Ogres are considerably bigger than the old ones though. If any of you are familiar with the dragonrune ogres, they are similar in size (if not a smidge bigger)....

Hi-lite-r

Default ...

OMG!! :o I must have an army of these guys... they are so awesome (the yetis aren\'t the best, but still!!) I just bought a slayer army (damn it!) might have to paint it up real nice and sell it just to afford these guys (anyone got any sort of price ranges by chance?)

... still dumb-founded at the awesome-ness...

I realised today that I have painted 5 armies for 40k since I did a WFB one, so the ogres are looking like a big possibility for me. And the army box comes out just before christmas. Perfect lol

Supervike:
    The new Ogres are considerably bigger than the old ones though. If any of you are familiar with the dragonrune ogres, they are similar in size (if not a smidge bigger)....
    \'Sfunny you should mention that as one of the sculptors for GW used to own DragonRune. ......Makes you think, eh???

Default really?

Originally posted by Dragonsreach
    Supervike:
    \'Sfunny you should mention that as one of the sculptors for GW used to own DragonRune. ......Makes you think, eh???
    I had kind of wondered if some of the sculptors of the new GW Ogres might have been \'inspired\' by those of the DragonRunes...But now I know, it isn\'t as much inspiration and \'same creator\'!!

Which sculptor is it? I am assuming it is Felix Panagua, since he was the sculptor of all those great DragonRune ones...

For those of you that cannot wait for the GW Ogres, I heartily suggest checking out Dragonrunes

www.dragonrune.com

They would fit right in with the GW stuff, (as long as you don\'t tell GW!!)

I have them all, and although I have not started painting any yet, they are incredible well sculpted with tons of \'ogrey\' detail.

I don\'t exactly like the idea of an all ogre army. It\'d be horribly outmatched, out numbered, and outgunned in most battles, but from a completly asthetic view... It\'s soooooooooooooooo awesome, absolutly great!!!

Actually I can\'t wait to use the walking ogres carrying cannons in my Goblin army (that is if they\'re all going to be Dogs of war units as well as in the ogre army)

Originally posted by Dedwrekka
    I don\'t exactly like the idea of an all ogre army. It\'d be horribly outmatched, out numbered, and outgunned in most battles, but from a completly asthetic view... It\'s soooooooooooooooo awesome, absolutly great!!!

Actually I can\'t wait to use the walking ogres carrying cannons in my Goblin army (that is if they\'re all going to be Dogs of war units as well as in the ogre army)
    Hence the reason for the mighty Gnoblars!

Gnoblar! Gnoblar!:flip::bouncy:

t_haye2

No Vikey, the plastic ogres were designed by Brian Nelson and alex hedstrom. felix wasn\'t in the studio yet when the project was started. other designers who worked on thre ogres were ali morrison, steve saleh and I think mark harrison, but i\'m not sure about the last one....

Hmm.. might have to do some for GD.. That\'s not an admission, mind you as everyone will want to!!! :P

Default oh well...

Originally posted by t_haye2
    No Vikey, the plastic ogres were designed by Brian Nelson and alex hedstrom. felix wasn\'t in the studio yet when the project was started. other designers who worked on thre ogres were ali morrison, steve saleh and I think mark harrison, but i\'m not sure about the last one....
    Well, from what I have seen, those guys have done some terrific work.

I like the ogre \'musician\' on the gw news page, rather than attmepting to play an instrument, the model is just shouting instead lol

Default Ogre Hunter is now up!

They have a pic of the Ogre Hunter (and his sabretooth friends) on the GW news page (under sneak peeks)

The Ogre is cool, but I still haven\'t decided if I like the cats yet...

Default ok I decided.

Yes I like the cats now too....

(i know you were all holding your breath in anticipation!)lol

Default I have 4 cats.

Therefore I should have 2 Ogres. I want my 2 Ogres now, please.

barkel

Default ogre tyrant.

cool pic of the ogre tyrant on the GW news page. (scroll down to \'sneak peeks\')

http://us.games-workshop.com/news/default.htm

Default Some more info

Ogre magic:
    Gastromancy:
    - both Butchervariants know all 6 spells.
    - the spells have complexity 3, if the spell is cast the first time in the round complexity 6 if it is the second time, then complexity 9, etc..
    - the same spell cannot be cast several times by the same Butcher. The complexity rose only, if another Butcher cast the same spell.
    - each Butcher can keep so many spells in the play, as he wants, however only one buff per unit
    - for spells all sayings have complexity 7
    - spell 1: heals the Butcher
    - spell 2: Magic projectile, 2W6 hit with S2, which ignores armour
    - spell 3: +1 S for a unit
    - spell 4: +1 T and regeneration for a unit
    - spell 5: a unit becomes stubborn
    - spell 6: an opposing unit must a panic test
    - most spells harm the Butcher - the unit-improving spells have a range of 6\" or 12\", ever after whether the Butcher has level 2 or 4:

Special rules :

Bulls charge:
    -If a unit charges more than 6\" , it inflicts impact hit with the strength of model + 1 for each following rank and one hit per ogre in base contact. There is a banner, so that this throw can be repeated.

Default cool stuff!

I really like the Ninja. Thanks Frenchkid!

yup I think it\'s one of my favorit ogers so far. But I\'m still mad at them for steping in front of the wood elves :mad::P