Ogre Army News !! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ogre Army News !!

Default oh yes...

I think I will paint my Ogres with traditional Wood Elf colors....lollol

ten-to-one

Wish i took some piccies of them at GD... One that caught my eye was a big mamma orc armed with the mutha of all rolling pins.:wow:

@supervike : That could be a truly entertaining mini, dress it in some would elf attire, name it \"still waiting\" and take it to a GD. I\'m sure you\'d get some good responses ;)

@ten-to-one: Damn it that sound like another cool mini. Don\'t those people a t GW think about my walet !!! (or maybe they do think about it .... :P)

Default Damned Ogres

I\'ve just about finished painting my Beastmen.
    I told myself \"No more!\'
    I\'ve got five complete armies.
    \"I needs no more\", I said to myself.

I had next to no interest in the Ogres until I started seeing the models trickle through.

Then I attended the seminar at GD. Lots of new pics and exciting, well-thought out background etc.

Aaargh! I\'m hooked.

Damned Games Workshop and their subliminal Ogre messages...

I have 10 armies, but I still gotta do some ogres, think of it this way, since they are big guys, you probably won\'t need many models per army

D\'ya reckon they should put an addiction warning on blister packs, like tehy do on cigarettes lol

Originally posted by KingM
    I have 10 armies, but I still gotta do some ogres, think of it this way, since they are big guys, you probably won\'t need many models per army

D\'ya reckon they should put an addiction warning on blister packs, like tehy do on cigarettes lol
    \"Warning buying this blister can send you on a mini buying spree for the years to come\" :P

And I\'m not sure about needing less models, think of als those gnoblars. And It\'s definetly not going to be a cheaper army since GW charge acording to the point value. so a 6 ogre unit is going to cost as much as a 24 spear man unit. :( Well I\'ll just have to use my usual excuse... this on is for ebay so I don\'t loose money !! ( I never have the heart to send my mini away afterwards .. :P)

You\'re certainly right on the price thing, a box of 5 plastic ogres (whichever variant) is going to be £20, with current regiment boxes being £15, they are going to be more expensive

Plus the metal ogres are £9 each, ouch

Don\'t forget, if you really want to break the bank that Forgworld are going to be doing Ogre Rhinox cavalry :o

more forgeworld goodies !! :flip:
    you might wan\'t to keep this quiet from supervike though :P

Default too late!!

Originally posted by frenchkid
    more forgeworld goodies !! :flip:
    you might wan\'t to keep this quiet from supervike though :P
    Ogre Rhinox Cavalry....sign me up!!

I still feel woozie from selling all my blood at the blood bank, but hey! These things sound too cool!

There aren\'t any pics of them yet, but it was confirmed at UKGD that they are making them, in the meantime, take a look at the rhinox with the scraplauncher, now imagine that with an ogre on top :D

Anyone seen the shot of the ogre army box contents? It was on Portent and dakkadakka, those yetees really are BIG :o

aaarghl well now I\'ll have to rush to forgeworld if i want somthing before supervike buys everything :P
    @kingM: do you have some pics ??? I still don\'t have a clue of what those things are supose to look like. :P

provoke_me

Default never bought warhammer b4...

i guess nows the time to start saving up! woo hoo!
    im so glad to see that GW is adding more character to ther models.
    and the ogre musician...hehe..yelling...
    that bull charge special ability sound interesting as well....hmmm maybe ill just buy some to paint....not to play...hmmmm

Some cool new preview on the GW site for those that don\'t go there often :
    http://uk.games-workshop.com/news/news.uk
    Looks like they have a nice snow setting and mongol like buildings :flip:

ahh frenchkid, you look after us so well!! i wish they\'d stop teasing us and just sell them *anxiously rubs hands together*

Aragorns_mate

thanks for the link, frenchkid! although i couldnt help cheking out those new termies! there awsome!

Originally posted by freakinacage
    ahh frenchkid, you look after us so well!! i wish they\'d stop teasing us and just sell them *anxiously rubs hands together*
    :innocent:
    It gives me an excuse for my frantique search of new info :P

Yeah finnaly some release dates (and price ):
    4 December : Ogre Kindoms Army set 130£
    5 January : Ogre Kindoms Army Book 12£
    5 January : Ogre Kindoms Battalion 50£
    5 January : Ogre Bulls 20£
    5 January : Gnoblars 18£
    5 January : Ogre Tyrant 18£
    5 January : Ogre Leadbelchers 20£
    5 January : Ogre Hunter 18£
    5 January : Gnoblar Trappers 6£
    5 Febuary : Ogre Kindoms Yhetee 9£
    5 Febuary : Ogre Butcher 15£
    5 Febuary : Ogre Ironguts 20£
    5 Febuary : Gnoblar Scrapaluncha 20£
    5 Febuary : Ogre Gorger 9£
    5 Febuary : Ogre Veteran Maneater 9£

Looks like those willing to pay the wole box set will get their ogers before christmas.
    And those price look awfully high to me :o 18£ for one tyrant :o ouch

Aragorns_mate

well theres GW for you, they dont giv any thing away lol!

Originally posted by Aragorns_mate
    well theres GW for you, they dont giv any thing away lol!
    I\'m not asking them to give away just to stop increasing the price :rolleyes: Oh well guess my atraction to mini is going to be to strong anyway. :P

Default Sneaky

Have you seen that the limited edition figure that comes with the box set is a rather nice Tyrant?

Very enticing and much better than an uninspiring standard bearer...

BTW excellent work Frenchkid