Some people live in a different world to "normal" people.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some people live in a different world to "normal" people.

Default Some people live in a different world to "normal" people.

Fisrtly im pretty tolerant of other people. Im not bothered about your religion, colour, sexuality ect.

Im painting and look up to see the wife watching a documentry on Channel 4 (UK) and Big fat Gypsey weddings is on. My jaw hit the ground. There are ten year olds wearing stockings to weddings. Im not against these people at all, they have not done me any harm in any way and feel no disgust towards them.

Also how the heck do they afford £20.0000 for dresses. Wish i could do that!

Here is an example

http://mistressofallevil.blogspot.co...y-wedding.html

Aye the mrs keeps yelling "omg come look at this," 6 year olds dancing like they are in a hip-hop video wearing hardly anything, from a parental point of view I have something against them for sure, letting their incredibly young kids behave and dress like that it's shocking. As for the wedding etc it's their choice, I know my wedding cost is counted on one hand lol, we prefer to have a nice home and things for the kids, save for a deposit on our own house etc.

Thats what this stemmed from, could imagine my 4 year old grabbing his crotch shouting "all the girls in the house getting frisky". lol

Quote Originally Posted by Master of fact View Post
    Also how the heck do they afford £20.0000 for dresses. Wish i could do that!

http://mistressofallevil.blogspot.co...y-wedding.html
    I'm not bitter in the slightest - having only just managed to buy my own place when I was 30 and can't see when I (eventually) get married the bride's parents forking out £100k for the wedding...

I knew there was a reason I don't watch much telly

they pay no taxes, no insurance, anything they earn is profit, they claim benefits in both countrys under multiple identities, the activities they get up to for the most part are shady to say the least. at least thats been my experience i've never met one that wouldnt steal the eye out of your head and come back for the lashes.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

yeah, women, right fellas? lol.

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

This might Make me a bad person but I can't help laughing all the way through the program, it's the funniest thing on TV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Master of fact View Post
    Thats what this stemmed from, could imagine my 4 year old grabbing his crotch shouting "all the girls in the house getting frisky". lol
    That might actually elicit a "Hellz yeah, gimmie some skin lil man" from me, until I feel the wifes eyeball at the back of my head and have to change tac immediately...
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

[QUOTE=Master of fact;597664] There are ten year olds wearing stockings to weddings. QUOTE]

before tights were invented this was a common event it's modern conception that have made wearing stockings something more risque

the same can be said about the level of clothing they'd be wearing gypsy women have iconically been scantily clad for centuries...you only have to look at the miniatures you can find on this very site of gypsy girls to confirm that

as for the other aspects i blame a society that allows children to have sex rammed down their throat from a young age by the disney channel

oh and a bunch of very intelligent gypsies that know they can get paid ridiculous sums of money to go on tv and increase viewer ratings in this day and age by playing up to the audience with shock tactics

anyone that has dealt with travellers knows of their abillity to negotiate and their staunch standpoint on not talking with others about money those figures are no doubt fabricated for the show and what was spent was more than likely a lot less than what was said to the production companies and saw a few back handers going out to people in the community

and the kids dancing like that are no worse than other parents trying to push small children towards their five minutes of fame

shows like this are really just the evolution of you've been framed it's still just as entertaining as watching someone fall over after getting a football to the crotch and the acting is on the same par

Cant agree with that man, yes they were before tights but these were just above the knee with french knickers shorts and a boob tube in bright silver. Also do agree with the disney comment.

I think Cyber is sort of right. Depending on the culture and the time period we go through very risque or very prim waves. Societies sort of go on a sine wave. The same culture that gave rise to puritanism is rooted in a culture that demanded prostitutes walk around with their breasts exposed in public.

As for the lifestyle...

Back when fortune telling was a big thing there was this unwritten rule. Single men will find beautiful wives, young women will have healthy children, older men will live long and happy lives, and older women will be blessed with comfort and grandchildren. It didn't matter if it was the truth, it was what they wanted to hear. They pandered to the audience. I have a sneaking suspicion that's all this really is. We're being presented with something we want to see. Something that snags our interest.

The traveler's societies have been decimated or thrived on the premise of other's perception. Perception is everything, and truth is hard earned. I wouldn't advise anyone to take this at face value.

As for ten year olds in stockings...certain states in the USA hold those beauty pageants for six year olds. Anyone remember the Ramsey kid? I find that far more creepy than anything here.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

Also how the heck do they afford £20.0000 for dresses.
    That puts me in mind of the Quinceanera: families who don't have a pot to piss in will spend ungodly amounts of money on a super-expensive extravaganza for their daughter's 15th birthday.

certain states in the USA hold those beauty pageants for six year olds.
    Dang, don't get me started on those! Creepy only begins to describe the "judges," let alone the whacked-out parents. Those poor kids are lucky if they don't come out of the ordeal with a crippling life-long personality disorder.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

well I know who is going to call the "shots" after that wedding.... poor guy

if I ever got wed it's jeans and snarky t-shirts
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.

There's a show here in the States that all it is "Ladies" and in same cases I wish to use that term loosely, are picking out their dresses. Well I guess this just doesn't surprise me. No taste, and no fashion sense some people.
    "Yes, yes, yes. Woman are in awe of his manhood and men swoon in his wake. Truly he is a legend in his own mind."

Blog Entries

"Hey, can y'all see my ass in this?"
    "Naw"
    "Dang it, it too long then"
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

=D Yeah, that sums it up perfectly, TBS!

Quite shocking to our minds but in dimension times and earlier working girls could be around twelve years old.

Quite shocking to our minds, but in dickensian times and earlier working girls could be around twelve years old. Don't know if that trade is associated with gypsy women necessarily.

During the British rule of India, we introduced a law to make the minimum age of consent for girls ten years old, where before there was no restriction. At the turn of the twentieth century it was raised to twelve. How gross is that?

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

And let's not forget the gypsy tradition of grabbing

clearly you guys are unfamiliar with the travesty that is American pop culture. none of the things youve described are particularly shocking. in fact, theyre kind of mundane by our standards. i didnt even understand the stockings comment until i read a few posts down. stockings are considered dirty? when did that happen? little girls have been wearing knee high stockings for as long as ive been alive, nothing sexual about it, so far as i know.
    i thought Americans were prudes, but the brits take it a bit farther, dont they. shapeless bags for everyone!
    and to think, in some cultures women dont wear shirts, by choice,the horror!