WIP: Lemartes & DC - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP: Lemartes & DC

Quote Originally Posted by Quiarcus View Post
    Those are looking really good, but it is a little difficult to tell in most of the pictures as the models are very dark compared to the background and they are getting overpowered. The latest shot is a little better; any chance of a fill light or some such to show them off a little better?
    I agree my photo's are not so good haha, I just take quick shots of progress and call it day. Never really looked into the finer details of miniature photography . I am planning to get some kind of lightbox or similar set up when I am done with them for their vogue cover shoot
    If the printed word was spoken, so much truth would be so broken...

Doesn't have to be much. An easy fix is not to take the picture with the camera facing a strong light source but instead have that light source behind the camera (but not blocked by it). With the models against a neutral background (not white) that should provide a nice improvement. Of course, I'd never get between a Blood Angel and his makeup: I'm sure they're all dying to do their vogue photo shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Quiarcus View Post
    Doesn't have to be much. An easy fix is not to take the picture with the camera facing a strong light source but instead have that light source behind the camera (but not blocked by it). With the models against a neutral background (not white) that should provide a nice improvement. Of course, I'd never get between a Blood Angel and his makeup: I'm sure they're all dying to do their vogue photo shoot
    Problem I have is just geographically it's very difficult to get a good pic with light from in front without obscuring the models with a moohassive shadow lol I'll figure out something one day

Howdy y'all and seasons greetings!

I have spent a little time over the holidays with a little detail work and starting the 2nd highlight stage on the jump packs. Please excuse the lame pic, just a quick one from my phone and the light today isn't terribly forgiving!

Been working on these steadily. Layering up the wings and metals on the packs. Not made a huge difference so far but at least it's getting done! I was treated to a couple of display cabinets over the holidays by my girlfriend too! So in celebration I have printed out a few backdrops to take new photos against!

Nice work! I have on of those cabinets myself.
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Welcome to the world of trying to keep it dust free.
    hint:-microfibre cloth
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Yeah. Massive voodoo I think did a post on pimping your detolf to make it dustfree. Also a make up brush (i use revlon, or maybe it's mabeline ) is great for dusting off fragile minis!
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

https://linktr.ee/AlmostPerftec

Hey hey, thought I'd pop in and say how good the wip is going. Lemartes was looking good at the last check. I find highlighting black a right pain, tough not to make it look grey. And again with red....easy to make it too orange or pink. I love Blood Angels, which is a pain lol. But yours are looking great and I must say I really like the 'power energy boy's you've been doing. I must try that out.

Looking forward to seeing Lemartes finished, get to it!

Small update, I have broken Lemmy out of my display cabinet to work a little more on him. I was a little discouraged with this guy as he had fallen apart and chipped in a few placed due to the weight of his metal jump pack. Never the less I soldiered on and went around the model fixing a few bloopers and starting to push the highlights on his jump pack wings. Kind of wish I had a finecast version of this jump pack now!

Nice work and last cople of picutres are clera and crisp and BIG. I believe this will be a nice looking bunch when they all are ready.
    work is boring when it gets in the way of my painting.