White Dwarf 374 Cover Illustration
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Dwarf 374 Cover Illustration

Default White Dwarf 374 Cover Illustration

Leaving the human anatomy far, far behind...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...d=prod1120001a

I was more shocked by the cover price.

HOLY CRAP, do people spend 9 bucks on a magazine that's just an advertisement?

Blog Entries

You should direct that guy to Freaks recent post about anatomy drawing *facepalm*
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    I was more shocked by the cover price.
    HOLY CRAP, do people spend 9 bucks on a magazine that's just an advertisement?
    No, not anymore. Not really

Blog Entries

Also this ^

I stopped buying it ages ago. I already pay the TV license for adverts.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Looks like little Timmie got into daddy's power armor.
    Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

and it's the opposite of what they say they should be like. at least they described them in the heresy books as acromegalic, not soft featured pretty boys! is clint langley the artist?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

whoa there pin head lol that would have been a really nice picture, photo cough! shop cough! tru that freak the days when space marines where pretty boyz are long gone.
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

i cancelled my sub, its been a long time since i seen a good issue. its just a catalogue now.

For some reason, I had kept all those old WHite Dwarfs I had. Some were pretty old.

But they were just taking up space, so I brought them all to the recyling bin. It was kind of hard to do, but I felt much better after doing it.

Wouldn't the eyes of the helmet be above his hair line?

New design power armour....his head is inside the chest plate and he has a shrunken head as a trophy on a spike on top of his armour

Quote Originally Posted by Tercha View Post
    New design power armour....his head is inside the chest plate and he has a shrunken head as a trophy on a spike on top of his armour
    the sad thing is, that makes more sense than that illustration!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dedwrekka View Post
    Wouldn't the eyes of the helmet be above his hair line?
    the new space marines dont have a head they are created by medicia disney
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Default Indeed

I'm stuck out in south africa where for years the only real contact with this hobby has been white dwarf (now of course its cmon but given the reprobates that hang out on these forums....
    I've collected every issue since 174 not missing one.
    Its definitely turning into a catalogue as you say. I consoled myself over the last year or so with the really good painting masterclass articles but after just reading 374 I realised I havent seen a painting article for several months now. Hope GW wakes up to this soon
    Oh and yes, sweet jesus, yes that marine is... ridiculous

I actually quite like the cover illustration!

There´s no denying the anatomy is off, but I think it´s only slightly. The head would not need to be much bigger before it would fit anatomically onto the body - I think the reason that it looks so off is that we have gotten so used to the ordinary GW marine which is a lot further away from a realistic "truescale" superhuman man in a bulky exoskeleton suit.
    Fluff Logic only applies in the GW game-iverse and has absolutley nothing to do with reality. It needs to be applied heavy handed and with liberal amounts of fan boy body odour.

Reminds me of this (also very creepy...) Anatomy Comparassion...

"I think we will see a lot of such diorams in the future because Pandora box is oped, interest is huge and forum butthurt is just great." --- Decoy

Simply Wonderful......

---
    Visit us at http://massivevoodoo.blogspot.com/ ...

deeeeep in woods in gulf coastal mississippi usa
    Blog Entries

great illustration, matt. explains quite a bit. my only question is: how does he fit those big hips into those small-waisted pants on that high-dollar suit?

Interesting illustration. So Space Marines have the same head to height ratio as a human being: 7:1

That leaves the feet of the marine in the original illustration somewhere around his suit's knees!

(Plus he looks like a pansy.)