$35 wow!

Thread: $35 wow!

Blog Entries

Default $35 wow!

http://www.coolminiornot.com/270644

Is there something I am missing? This seems like an awful lot for this mini. Is it a rare sculpt? The paint job looks like about a 5.5. is that worth $35? I am genuinely curious.

As I spend more money for paints and mini's and brushes and what not I have certainly day dreamed about making some money back on e-bay. I also have big stash of Darksword figs. Maybe I had better get to work painting so I can tell my boss to shove it! :0)

the price isnt outrageous at all. for the time invested, and the cost of the mini, he's still probably making less than minimum wage. painted minis (even medeocre ones) are expensive because of the time involved in the painting and in the development of the skill. painting professionally is a tough business (how many of these would you have to sell to pay your rent and buy food?). there are lots of pros here, hear it from them...

well someone obviously wants it. i have seen crap go for high prices and wonderful stuff not sell. it all depends on which way the wind is blowing and personal taste
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by freakinacage View Post
    well someone obviously wants it. i have seen crap go for high prices and wonderful stuff not sell. it all depends on which way the wind is blowing and personal taste
    I guess your right.

Funnymouth, i think I would probably need to sell 4-7 of these a day to actually quit my job. I figure $10 for the fig, a buck or two for paints and supplies per mini and a little bit more for e-bay. Profit per mini = $20. Of course 4 hours plus for labor it's not going to happen but it still might be fun to try and make a few bucks on the side. Maybe just to pay for more mini's or paints or whatever.

Regarding the mini - people will pay what they will, and also because its a mini with tits, ok not showing naked breasts ( that would almost certainly raise the score by a few points) but there do seem to be people out there who will pay a bit extra if the model is a lithe woman with big breasts.

Some on here do make money as full time painters, but they have to work damn hard to make it worthwhile. There are a lot more - myself included - who generally paint for themselves and sell some items which basically funds the hobby and maybe gives you a bit of extra pocket money as well; unless you are lucky to find a rich Arab or such like- like an ex GW employee that I know - who pays absolutely stupid money to have stuff painted on commission. Stupid like several hundred pounds for a painted Land Raider. He's doing the work which is funding his Uni degree. The rest of us generally take our chances on Ebay.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

I live down in Dorset with the cider and the combine harvesters yaargh!

Let's not forget shill bidding ;-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noneedforaname View Post
    Let's not forget shill bidding ;-)
    Seriously!

I think it's worth whatever anybody is willing to pay for it.

But, it does seem a bit of bad form to single out a member here like that.

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    But, it does seem a bit of bad form to single out a member here like that.
    Ditto that.

but to give the mini itself a little discussion, for the amount of enlargement on that pic the skin is really smoothly blended and for a rather blaa mini the paint gives it quite a bit of life, and in all honesty 35 bucks is piss in the bucket and a damn fair price for it, and I bet the person who plays a female fire mage or whatever in their d$d game is quite tickled.

Seriously tho if you wanna selll shit on ebay then rock on but why bugger this guys business when he is far from sellin at an exorbent price and it seems to have had a few bidders wanting it probally started off at a fair opening price. Seen alot shittier work and a hell of alot more misleading pics of a min then this which is as upfront and in your face as you could ever want from a pic of a mini.