Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Blood Angels Terminator

Talking Large Blood Angels Terminator

And so it begins...

The painting of Cassar's awesome sculpt.
    Today I've added the brass etchings and some resin detail. If all goes well, I can undercoat the pieces tomorrow.
    I'm not too sure about the resin skull on the back though, I might get rid of that...
    In general I think it doesn't need that much more in terms of little glued-on tidbits. I think I'm going to add more detailing with self-made decals and freehand.

good to see you going at it there meph looking great so far love the brass add ons brill
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

wow that is just amazing. you and cassar are amazing.

Tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

I'm veryyyyy interested in this.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

Gah! Already this thing is making me curse & swear... The rubber bands around the right legs are for a large etched brass Aquila, which I pre-bent around a cork and then superglued on the leg. I let it rest for a day with the rubber bands and clamp but when taking it off, the top-right corner popped right off. So it's back to the glue & clamp... Which means I can't undercoard the legs today, yarrr!

garr I feel for ya!
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

Hehehe, cheers!

Well, here's some progress. I mounted and undercoated most parts. The legs are still giving me a headache though. I added a large etched brass aquila, which I pre-bent, but I'm now at attempt numer three and the top-right corner still is popping off. If this last gluing attempt doesn't do it I'll be forced to snap it off completely and rework the bending...
    Oh, and I added a pic with the FW marine head, it kinda shows the scale difference.

Nice head there meph, I am very interested too see where you go with this paint wise.

dunno still not convinced that you couldnt get away with that lol oh just an after thought check the fit of the torso to the hips the paint might make it a tighter than comfortable fit.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Paint-wise it'll go in the same direction as the FW marine, lots of heavily weathered red. ^^. I'm going to make his left arm guard black, as per the normal sized terminators I have gathering dust. The large rims/pins will become gold like the helmet on the FW marine (I hope I still have enough gold paint sludge left to make into acryllic paint suitable for airtbrushing).
    I'm still at odds as to what to do with the power fist. My original plan was to have it red, weathered and chipped with some darker red flames & details. Not blended flames, more like a darker shade of red silhouettes.
    But then the thought krept in to use the crackle medium again. I could use that to simulate a painted fresco style. For instance; black undercoat/cracks with a normal red cracked layer, or even more wild, yellow undercoat and blacked cracked fist. But that might be a bit too much I fear.

Whaddayathink?

As for the fitting. Yeah, I'll probably have to scrape off some paint at the end when putting him together. From now on there will be no more dryfitting as that copper rod is well glued into him; Termy-on-a-stick!
    Last edited by Meph; 02-21-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Sweet!. Looking forward to seeing this painted up. All the extra details look great.
    Now available for commissions.
    My Blog
    My Gallery

the yellow fresco power glove sounds awesome.

Tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

GW would tell you there's totally nothing wrong with that head (and neck) on that body.

Looks good undercoated. Congrats Cassar, if it still looks good under the unforgiving light of a solid black basecoat I'd say you've done your job well. I think I like the sound of the yellow, crackled power fist as well, with the weathering too. (The emperor's mighty punchin' fist gets scratched you know.)

Looking good so far. With regards to the power fist you could go old school which is to have the large area of the fist in black and yellow diagonal stripes, like hazard warning strips and the rest of the fist in the usual red. Despite Googling I can't find a decent pic to show you.
    What you leave behind is not what is written on your tombstone but what is written in the heart of others.

Interesting Idea on the hazards stripes indeed. I remember those quite fondly as I've been gobsmacked by Terminators ever since they first came out... It would be a b*tch though to get them all perfecty straight on that curvy hand...

time to show us if youre a man or a mouse then meph
    Skelettet S Minis at facebook

1 3 3 4 - "All truth is parallel - all truth is untrue"
    still no in line...

5th dimension BLOG

cough! masking tape cough!

It's looking good. More pics please.

Cheers!

Yarrr! The burden of peer pressure! Maybe I'll use the masking tape to give him a racing stripe!
    Hazard stripes are always good, but I'm not too sure if it would fit the look... It needs some contemplating with a mild frowning.