Large Blood Angels Terminator - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Blood Angels Terminator

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Hmmm... no Radioshack in Belgium I'm afraid...
    http://www.radioshack.com ?

Cheers for the link but paying a few dollars for a little bit of gear and then paying pretty hefty shipping costs and import costs... ordering from Yankeestan is kinda my last option.
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

So if you're looking to mount the connector inside the base, do you still want the power adapter to be removable? If not, you don't really need the connectors...just lop off the existing connector on the adapter and attach the leads directly to the LED circuit. If you do want disconnect capability, the connector isn't going to be visible so another option would be to use a pair of cheap crimp-on spade connectors for each wire from the adapter (http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104017) They're not as pretty as some of the other options, but they'd do the job and your local shop should definitely have them. You'd probably need the smallest size, but it's dependent on the wire gauge of the power adapter...if the smallest size is still too big you can always strip more of the wire and twist it around itself to increase the diameter.

For prettier stuff, I did a quick look through on ebay there and here's one set of options:

Male plugs: Long and short options, the seller didn't list the internal length of the socket I link below so I'm not sure which would be appropriate.
    http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/DC-power-plu...item23100b596f

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/DC-power-plu...item23100b595c

Female sockets: Panel mount and inline options
    http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/DC-power-soc...item2562fe5c60

http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/DC-in-line-p...item2562fe5cdc

Oh, and one thing to look for with the adapter is the max current...you've got 9 LEDs, not sure what the current limit is on them but at say 50mA each you're already up to ~0.5A on the power adapter...probably not an issue but something to be aware of.

Ow, cool. That's definitely some stuff I should be able to find locally and the items from ebay are a perfect backup in case I wouldn't be able to find them here. Thanks for the effort man, I'm sure a search like this is a lot easier if you have an idea what to look for.

I think I'll definitely go for a (dis)connectable option and even though the clamps are probably more space efficient, I do have several square centimeters to mount something so the male/female plug setup is probably the the most user friendly, as well as looking a bit tidier.

I'm also pretty sure I should be able to find an appropiate adapter somewhere, maybe even one with variable voltage.

Alrighty, the execution of this LED setup is looking a lot more realistic. Hurrah!
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Glad to help, good luck with it! Just one more thing to mention though, if you can't find an adapter that will supply the exact forward voltage spec for the LEDs (i.e. it's supplying larger) you really need to have resistors in series with each LED (or a single heavier duty one in series with the whole circuit) to both step down the voltage and limit the current lest you burn out all your LEDs as soon as you flip the switch.

mmmm science make head hurt...baddd!
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

lol cassar i take it you were not in the signals then!

i've twiddled with the odd dial back in the old days of unsecured nets and batco, but no not a scaly. you dont need intelligence for radio's now ask tbs lol

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Blog Entries

You really don't so it would seem. an RS OP was actually caught in his billet, shitfaced, trying to cook a whole raw chicken in the middle of his room on a hexi burner *facepalm*

Thankfully, I was only with the Corps in association, not cap badge lol!

ED: Have to admit though, I thought he was a bit of a legend for it.
    Last edited by Torn blue sky; 05-10-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Because cooking whole raw poultry on a tiny stove is HARDCORE!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I take my hat off to him. That sounds like a man with a mission, and the tenacity to see it through.

Somehow that poultry cooking anecdote sounds like a good analogy for what the UN is currently doing in Lybia.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

lol.....

Blog Entries

I take my hat off to him. That sounds like a man with a mission, and the tenacity to see it through.

Somehow that poultry cooking anecdote sounds like a good analogy for what the UN is currently doing in Lybia.
    "His gooshe is almosht cooked *hic* lol!" . Really, you should have seen it, it was totally raw apart from some black patches, there were mixed feelings about his initiative and his ability to cook in the field.
    Needles to say, when they threw him back out the brig nursing a monster hangover he was met by a chorus of "I feel like chicken tonight!". Can't get away wiv nuffin! Hence fourth promoted to Colonel in common circles. *The* Colonel...Sanders.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Ah yes, in terms of survival skills, I guess that exploit ranks about the same as poking a can of beans with a bendy twig...
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Blog Entries

All you need is good old fashioned know how!

right mush enoughs as good as a feast! start with the terminator or im on the first flight over there and im bringing my big boots for the purpose of applying em to ass! no no excuses, no but theres this girl at work! or i wanted to take a break....man up n do somat! lol

by the way trystans thrown down the gauntlet that he will produce the first painted maxiture out of emmm lets see now, you, empchild, jesterz oh and roninjr (empchild n roninjr could be a surprise they are operating below the radar) so remove the digit n start painting.
    Last edited by cassar; 06-12-2011 at 12:00 PM.

The next time you have problem with brass parts not fitting you should try to over-bend it. What I mean is, if you have a piece like the aquila that needs to fit on a curved surface it is a good idea to actually bend the piece too much, and then counter-bend it against the surface it needs to attach to. this will prevent the piece from popping off in one side due to tension. I've used this trick a few times, and it makes it much easier

Cheers mate! In the months since I managed to wrestle that brass on there for good. The whole lot is undercoated in black and I'm getting eager to start going on the thing in the near future...

Gah, I need more time! Or just win the lottery... or clones, obedient clones.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Gah, I need more time! Or just win the lottery... or clones, obedient clones.
    I think these are called "Children bribed with candy."
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Alright bitcheez, it's onnnn! No mo' messin' about.
    I applied a metallic coat and some rust patches. I just sealed it with some satin varnish and when that's dry, the salt is going on. If that manages to dry out this afternoon, I'll undercoat both the Stormraven and the Termy today, huah!

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Blog Entries

Alright bitcheez, it's onnnn! No mo' messin' about.
    I applied a metallic coat and some rust patches. I just sealed it with some satin varnish and when that's dry, the salt is going on. If that manages to dry out this afternoon, I'll undercoat both the Stormraven and the Termy today, huah!

ALL RIGHT! You finally finished the land raider and storm raven and were able to start the termie? I look forward to the pictures of the completed projects in the other thread!

Been looking forward to seeing this one getting done!

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang