Large Blood Angels Terminator - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Blood Angels Terminator

I'd like to see a pic of it from afar just to get an idea of how big it really is.

Default Wow!

It's hard to believe how awesome this sculpt is... it's hard to stop staring at it. I want one!

I always liked the checkered yellow/black on BA Powerfists. Maybe some faded to black and wear and tear damages on the edges...but if you aren't gungho about the stripes, I think that checkers might be a nightmare.
    Looking good!
    Is this going to come along as fast as your FW Marine? Or do we get to see updates and progress at a faster pace this time?

I'm guessing the former...LOL.

*SLAP!*

ROFL!
    Nonono this will be faster, no two years for this one, I promise. I've been sidetracked to magnetize some small terminators and doing some work on the other vehicles.
    Also, that top-right corner of the Aquila keeps popping of his leg and is driving me crazy!!!!! I think I'll pin that brass into place and hide the pin with a purity seal. Or maybe dab around with superglue activator but then I'd still need to find/buy some first...
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

show us a pic of the problem.
    We can make suggestions.
    Plus...PICS!

Here it is.. And I made it worse just by the gentlest of touches (pic 2&3)

So I think the best solution is drill a tiny hole between the 1st and 2nd 'feather' on the right wing and fix the lot in place with just a pin, and cover the pin with a purity seal...

FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Either that, or bend it again.
    I would go with the Purity seal option.

try heat a really hot iron might bend it, cant understand why supa glue wont stick it down, puzzler
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Also try scouring that small area of the model, but I think the seal will work best.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

I'd take a couple of nice looking pins and just drill holes in the tips of the larger feathers on the wings on both legs and make it look like the eagle is bolted there, you've certainly got enough space for the extra detail.

I'd put a few pins in the torso of the eagle as well for good measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Also, that top-right corner of the Aquila keeps popping of his leg and is driving me crazy!!!!!
    Is taking it off, rebending and then gluing back an option?

If not, and to try to avoid having to pin it and cover that with a purity seal, maybe epoxy instead of cyano, holding it flat to the surface with tape while the glue sets.

From the look of it I presume you didn't anneal the brass before you bent it, might be an idea to do that next time Another trick is to bend the piece to a tighter radius than it needs to end up at.

Einion

i had that same problem one time. i gave up on it and took it off.
    I am hoping you the best.

Tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

Thanks for the feedback guys!

No, I didn't annael it beforehand sadly. I'm not sure how the putty stuff that cassar user can stand up to heat or not... Before sticking it I did pre-bend it overnight around a wine cork that had a smaller diameter than the leg but the metal tried to right itself a bit more than expected. And the current attempt you see was left clamped for easily a week before taking it off...

I'm actually leaning towards the dual pinning option... y'know, on the large marine, the little brass text badge on the edge of the yellow pad, popped off AFTER the marine was finished (after two years) and took quite a bit of bending and touching up to get it back on again and have it stay on. With the dual pinning option. I'll probably have to take off the bloody thing anyway for easy drilling so I can bend it a bit better, drill it, pin it, and still push on a purity seal so that thing will never pop off again, ever...
    Last edited by Meph; 03-10-2014 at 09:07 AM.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

Be kind of funny if it popped off anyway, like a purity seal launcher...LOL.

Kinda... like hair-pulling-, gods-cursing-, fist-shaking-, mouth-foaming-, red-mist-bezerk-rage funny.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

i feel your pain, such things can be awfully irritating!
    remember to remove old glue befor making another attempt. but i guess you already thought about that...

i have an answer for you. seriously i have done this before on my brass etching pieces. i will heat up a flat iron on the highest setting. then clamp it down for around 20 seconds. dont do anymore than that, or you will have issues with melting. you could do this while it is still attached. then quickly push it back down so that it stays on there. but here is the main part. use a cup of icey water to dump over it right after you have pushed it back onto the leg and it should set almost immediately. think the t-1000 in terminator 2 when he has his encounter with ligquid nitrogen.
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Kinda... like hair-pulling-, gods-cursing-, fist-shaking-, mouth-foaming-, red-mist-bezerk-rage funny.
    pics or it didn't happen...LMAO!

if you take it off place it face down then press a thickish pen across the wings from the body out to the wing tips apply massive pressure it should curl without having to strapp it to a corks for a week
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive