Delta's Grey Knights - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Delta's Grey Knights

Great looking conversion!
    Is this mini about the same size as the Dread knight?

Thank you. I'm not sure if it's the same height as the dreadknight, but it's certainly taller than a regular dreadnought.

Cheers!

Hey Delta! I think your project's looking great so far!

Thanks, kath; updates will be posted by the end of the week if I don't get too busy with work.

Cheers!
    Last edited by delta 408; 10-23-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spelling

Here's an update:

The last couple of photos shows what I've done with the pins. C&C are welcome.

Cheers!

Very nice delta! I think it's great! The only comment I can really offer is to keep varying the silver. For example you have places that are almost black silver on the back and then your regular silver. That looks fantastic! The barrels on the guns are all the same color of silver, however.

One way to help this is blue, green, and purple washes do fantastic things for silver and gold metallics. Maybe give those a shot.

Thanks kath. I do plan on varying the shades a little so it doesn't look monochromatic.

Cheers!

might be a little late in the day but im nothing if not a pain in the onions lol, the torso is there any chance of turning it to its left? as it stands at the moment if he fires those cannons he may well end up flat on his back. other than that (personal niggle) i think your doing spiffy
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

hehehe...if we were playing Battletech, if he fired both of those cannons he'd overheat and have to make a save vs. shut down, I'd wager.

But we're not so just consider it a fun factoid.

Nah, not necessarily...he could be a Rifleman IIc which has a total of 40 heat when alpha striking and 42 heat sinks (if he jumps, he goes over by 1 ) and AC20's only have 7 heat (totalling 28 for this guy. . .easily covered by 15 double heat sinks.

OK, now that that geek flag has flown....back OT

I like the idea, but too much Gundam watching makes me think his power plant should be electric or something along those lines...the smokestacks on his back seem out of place to me. . .but it may be too late and too minor to change
    If you can name your paint colors blindfolded....you might be a brushlicker

Update for 10/29/11

I changed the background to a darker one and I like they way it makes the pics come out.

I'm happy with how the legs are turning out but I am really not happy with the way the rest is coming along... C&C folks?

Cheers!

The Paint job is really starting to pop, Wow in fact well done mate. The pose is the only thing that doesnt do it for me but thats just personal taste...maybe its the recoil from those massive guns as actually blown him off his feet Lol. Either way epic paint job mate reach around and give yourself a pat on the back, the background lifts the whole thing too.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

^What Cass said. What is it that's bothering you about the rest of the paint job? It's looking very nice. I'll just throw this out there - one thing to help metallics is to actually put more flat paint beside them. The body is mostly metallic, there are very few spots of regular flat paint. But putting flat paint next to metallic makes the metallic stand out even more. Now WHERE you would actually do that is a different story all together. lol! But I think it's looking great!

kat hit the nail on the head for me with that flat paint tip, the red definately does the trick

Thanks for the encouragement and I agree about the addition of flat paint to make the mini pop more. A paint mess-up at this point will set me back a long time so I want to go slowly about it.

Cheers!

nice work delta. thats coming out very nice.
    I liked it better when you had it standing straight tho. it seems odd almost as iff its falling now.

Tee
    “We do not want to be part of the fashionable crowd. We prefer to be on the edge.”
    Takasi Uno

^ ditto

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tee999 View Post
    nice work delta. thats coming out very nice.
    I liked it better when you had it standing straight tho. it seems odd almost as iff its falling now.

Tee
    Concur.

UNLESS.... The falling pose is part of a larger battle scene where something bigger and badder that has yet to be seen, has sent it reeling?

Check out more of my wife's photography at: http://thereasagwinn.com

Why choose Space Wolves over other chapters?
    ‘They are desperate, and as savage as beasts.’
    Magnus lost his smile.
    ‘I no longer think of them as animals, Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptible. Single-minded. The perfection of my father’s vision.’
    Excerpt from Battle of the Fang

Heheh, people are a bit mixed up with the pose of the second dread.

Here's a small update:

I did a little weathering on the gunbarrels and highlighted the purity seals. The upper body could use a little more work and I'm thinking of putting flat paint on the legs somewhere; maybe the smaller knee guards? I'm not going to call these done yet.

Cheers!

That thing is looking nasty. The shading on the metal areas is looking so nice, smooth and shiny!
    Those kneeguards do need some work, maybe some colour there would be a nice balance.
    Easily distracted by shin-