Any METAL heads out there.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any METAL heads out there.

Default Any METAL heads out there.

Anyone like listening to heavy metal on CMON.

I love Metallica and have caught every gig in the last 6 years in North/Southern Ireland and even went to a VIP gig at the 02 in London for the release of Death Magnetic which is a really good Album!

So whats your favoured band?

Rhapsody (or Rhapsody of Fire)

I enjoy Metallica on many an occasion though, and was on the green for their "Sanitarium" tour at Philadelphia. The openers were mediocre at best. (Mudvayne was particularly bad, though acoustics played a part) The other bands did some kind of tribute piece like "Sanitarium", and a few weren't half bad. But when Metallica came on everything paled in comparison. It was the most entertaining live venue I've been to. "One" was the highlight of that night.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

used to be into all that stuff years ago before i had other more important issues
    even had the compulsory embroided denim jacket lol
    still once the likes of europe etc got going that pretty much killed my interest still would listen to the odd metalica or manson prefer rammstein to both but only when the boss is out. some bob marley erasure a bit of everything i guess.
    lol i listened to "push it" an eighties compilation whilst sculpting mephs terminator and empchilds slaanesh terminators is getting the lady gaga "the fame" treatment lol
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Cassar you could prob mould that slaanesh one based on gaga, seen a pic and she had those crazy bumps/horns implanted. But id guess fake.

Yes "one" does impress!

i like bits of metallics. they have some great stuff. especially some of the blues-y ones. i find their songs often go on for too long though!
    like bits of n.i.n., manson, funeral for a friend, system of a down. i like lots of bits and bobs, not a lot of anything in particular
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I listen to all kinds of music. When I listen to metal nowadays is most often old school Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest but also the occasional Lamb of god, System of a Down, and a fair share of metal more difficult to categorise like Meshuggah, Dillinger Escape Plan and Opeth. Sometimes a Dream Theater or Planet X record make it into my record player but I tend to get fed up with LaBrie and the fusion metal style after repeated listening.

I did listen to Rhapsody of fire back in the nineties. Very much nostalgia in that band, listening to Rhapsody and painting miniatures or reading fantasy books.

Blog Entries

I am an old school metal man, if I have to call favourite it would have to be Iron Maiden, but my other favourites are ACDC, Metallica and Motorhead to name but a few.....

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Back when I was a wee little head banger I was REALLY into terrible Ted (Ted Nugent), early AC/DC. I saw them right before Bonn died (never warmed up to Brian) Frank Marino and Mahogony Rush, Sammy Hagar - mid career, Rush-2112, Some Judas Priest, Some Iron Maiden, Some of WASP is just phenominal - Crimson Idol and The Headless Children, Early Anthrax. Check out the tune Badlands by Metal Church . I know that much of this stuff wouldn't pass muster to qualify as metal but back in the day it peeled the paint from the walls. Music in general was more 'tame and danceable' and metal stood out much more than it does today.

This guy's vocals just RIP!
    Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

that was awesome!

Was listening to avenge sevenfold and opeth last night, forgot how good opeth are.

I listen to a fairly broad mix of music but metal doesn't really crop up, a bit of Iron Maiden as a young teenager but I never stuck with it, I prefered the artwork to the music Last night I listened to a couple of Jah Shaka Commandments Of Dub chapters from the mid-80's, nice background for painting. Over the weekend I was going through a set of Big Maceo piano blues & early career Josh White blues, with a brief stop to catch up with African Head Charge's Akwaaba, joyous pub-singer dub-reggae that whisks me back to my early 20s B.
    My CMON Gallery Rank...

Rammstein, Dethklok, Amon Amarth, High on Fire, KMFDM. My favorite is Rammstein, more Industrial than Metal though, and my only regret is that I may never get to see them in concert as they avoid American shows like the plague and the last two shows to be scheduled for North America sold out within an hour. As Oliver Riedel said "French might be the language of love, but German is the language of anger".

Ich Tu Dir Weh (possibly NSFW due to Till's microphone, ahem, attachment)
    http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/vie...-dir-weh-video

Here's a work safe video

On the older scale I like old school Black Sabbath, AC\DC, Metallica (but at least one song and one drummer spoiled it a bit), Ted Nugent, and Rob/White Zombie.

Edit: Damn, forgot Apocalyptica in there. Riveting to a blend of heavy metal and classical music is strangely soothing.
    Last edited by Dedwrekka; 02-23-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Wink

Oh yes... metal is pretty much 99% of my listening...

I tend to favour weirder stuff though - Meshuggah, Abominable Iron Sloth / Will Haven, Ion Dissonance, Pig Destroyer, A Life Once Lost (FTW!), Red Chord, Kylesa (just damn cool), Soilent Green, Acacia Strain... But still really like more straight forward stuff. Pantera, Down, Crowbar and all of those guys, old Metallica n Slayer, Chimaira, Machine Head...
    Just tons of it really, I love heavy music...

Metallica is a great band, but I've been on a boycott of them since the Napster days.

There isn't really any new metal I'm a big fan of...There are a few I like, but mostly it's just dudes growling.

I still really dig alot of the old 'Hair bands'...My favorite still being Queensryche.

Blog Entries

Well I forgot to add I like Rammstein and Cradle of Filth alot to. A former member of Cradle of Filth Stuart Anstis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Anstis) lives down my way apparantly, a mate I used to work with bumped into him in Bideford (Devon) in a guitar shop he runs and they got chatting "so Stuart what have you been doing all these years?" (my friend is a total metalhead and they used to play together jamming and stuff, but he is not a fan of Cradle of Filth lol), "Oh, I've been playing with Cradle of Filth....".

Seems a bit of a comedown from being in a big metal band to running a guitar shop in Devon, but I guess shit does indeed happen......

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

Quote Originally Posted by supervike View Post
    Metallica is a great band, but I've been on a boycott of them since the Napster days.

There isn't really any new metal I'm a big fan of...There are a few I like, but mostly it's just dudes growling.

I still really dig alot of the old 'Hair bands'...My favorite still being Queensryche.
    I can suggest a few, non-growl modern metal hair bands. Apocalyptica is more instrumental, but their albums Apolcalypica and Amplified are more geared towards metal and Amplified has a lot of really cool instrumental tributes to different metal bands. (http://www.youtube.com/user/Apocalyp.../5/qxDcWvZCSRg)

Dragonforce sounds like it came straight out of the 70-80s rock era. I think they're the best continuation from the Dio and Nugent days. There was some controversy caused by one of their tours when several amps broke down and they were accused of not being able to really play as fast as they seem to on their albums, but they disproved that multiple times in later shows and tours. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywxm6zLEjFY)

Mastodon is, in my opinion, and excellent Psychadellic Metal group that's gained some prominence. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6WGNd8QR-U)

Love the metal! Some of my favorite metal bands: Overkill, King Diamond, Queensryche, Iron Maiden, Dimmu Borgir, Deftones, SOAD, Deicide, Necrophagist, Opeth, Judas Priest (Victim of chaaaaaaaaanges!), Fear Factory, Mudvayne, Solution .45 - Just to name a few... \m/

Love the nod to Metal Church above, great vocals!

Many moons back I worked at a sheetmetal shop. We were doing an AC install at Lars Ulrich's house. Got to go into his house...............wheee!!

Hagar/Schon/Arronson/Shrieve My Home Town Fist pounding guitar shredding headbanging

Sepultura - Ratamahatta Fantastic mix of tribal beats and METAL!!

Montrose - Space Station #5
    Last edited by Shawn R. L.; 02-23-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

So this is a thread more about true metal when NMM

I like alot of the music mentioned above and some more also, have to mention two bands that made a strong impression upon me, that is not mentioned above. that is Queensryche and Heroes Del Silencio

Quote Originally Posted by Kretcher View Post
    So this is a thread more about true metal when NMM

I like alot of the music mentioned above and some more also, have to mention two bands that made a strong impression upon me, that is not mentioned above. that is Queensryche and Heroes Del Silencio
    LOL on your NMM joke

However, I did mention Queensryche...

well they are good so they deserve to be mentioned Two times, or more (I must have been blind first time i looked at this thread, well have to be me getting older...)
    Last edited by Kretcher; 02-23-2011 at 04:11 PM.