Crystal Brush count-down - JRN's project
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 79

Thread: Crystal Brush count-down - JRN's project

  1. #1

    Default Crystal Brush count-down - JRN's project

    Hi All,
    As I am attending the Crystal Brush competition at Adepticon in Chicago in April, I am right now hard at work on my project.

    Just as I have done a hobby Advent Calender in December to count down to Xmas these past years - I am doing a Crystal Brush count-down - sharing images from the process on my website. I hope to find the time to add new images every day.

    For now, here is a pic revealing the one half of my project...



    The stuff I need here is actually only the body from the waist up...
    I hope you will drop by and follow the project at www.jrn-works.dk

    - jakob
    Last edited by JRN; 03-25-2011 at 05:07 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Your work is just fantastic, i aspire to be half as good as you! Did your commisar yarric feature in white dwarf or guard codex? He seems so familiar.

    Website book marked!

  3. #3

    Default

    Crystal brush, only wish I could be there, best of luck,
    Vic

  4. #4

    Default

    By cutting up that miniature, you made me die a little bit inside... It's one of the few I was never able to get my grubby little hands on.

  5. #5

    Default

    oooh Exciting!

    I'VE ADDED WEBCAM LESSONS NOW TOO!
    And a YOUTUBE channel
    Instagram and FaceBook too

  6. #6

    Default

    Hey Jakob, I'll see you there , pizza on me.
    Visit my Hobby webstore at http://battleroadhobbies.com/ . Also I am available for commission just shoot me a pm.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master of fact View Post
    Did your commisar yarric feature in white dwarf or guard codex? He seems so familiar.
    No, my paintjob of Yarrick has never been in DW as far as I know. Howver, the mini is such a classic and I have given him a very classic paintjob also, so it looks quite a lot like the éavy metal one, I suppose.

    @ Victoria: Would have been cool to see you there.

    @ CarbonCopy: I really needed that bit, but you are right - It did feel quite dramatic cutting up such a rare mini.

    @EmpChild: Yeah, see you there!

  8. #8

    Default

    I will be uploading tomorrow's image in a short while so here is another picture suggesting what direction the project will take:
    Last edited by JRN; 03-25-2011 at 05:08 AM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Noooooooo!! Such a nice mini in pieces!
    You better make something incredible:P
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    i prefer to get two miniatures and rub them around on my gaming bobos.
    Totally going for #1 -->

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Luna View Post
    You better make something incredible:P
    I think this is one case where that's not really in question. Everything JRN does is incredible! ;D

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khavor View Post
    I think this is one case where that's not really in question. Everything JRN does is incredible! ;D
    Thanks for the faith in my abilities. I'll do my best, but in regards to the competition I am travelling with a humble approach:
    I never tried competing in the States before and with the size of the competition and the number of people attending, I believe the goal is to make as good a project as possible (that always the case anyway, really) and then just go and enjoy the chance to meet and talk to lots of painters that I have only read about or corresponded with over the www. I really look forward to this part of the event.

  12. #12

  13. #13

    Default



    It's a mini from the Femme Militant series. A sort run of limited resin models designed from John Blanche original artwork.
    I painted this one before, but now she is to be part of a conversion.
    Here is my concept sketch for the project:


  14. #14

    Default

    yay thats nice. ok, im not big fan of the original female mini, but that conversion look promesing in a obscure way. i dig it

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRN View Post
    Thanks for the faith in my abilities. I'll do my best, but in regards to the competition I am travelling with a humble approach:
    I never tried competing in the States before and with the size of the competition and the number of people attending, I believe the goal is to make as good a project as possible (that always the case anyway, really) and then just go and enjoy the chance to meet and talk to lots of painters that I have only read about or corresponded with over the www. I really look forward to this part of the event.
    Being swamped with school work this year I am unable to compete with you, but I am looking forward to meeting some great painters like yourself who I have looked up to for some time. The pieces (including yours), will be quite spectacular. It's gonna be a blast!

  16. #16

    Default

    @ Elly3438: See you there. Be sure to bring some great minis to show and talk about. I will pack as many demon-winning figures as I can fit into my hand luggage!

    @SkelettetS: My favorite FEmme Militant is Mary Bones, Mona by Brian Nelson, and the tall sinister sculpt by Jes Goodwin. The one by Kevin White isn't bad either. Actually, I like them all... a lot. Being created from John's art without being scaled down to 30 mm and marketed with the rest of GW's products these minis are truely unique, I think.

    Oh, amost forgot: UPDATE:

  17. #17
    Brushlicker MightyChad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.
    Posts
    1,341
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    JRN, you should come to Gamesday Chicago, I know that's just inviting a god to the competition, and probably knocking all of my entries out, but I would love to see your stuff in person.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MightyChad View Post
    JRN, you should come to Gamesday Chicago, I know that's just inviting a god to the competition, and probably knocking all of my entries out, but I would love to see your stuff in person.
    I was seriously considering GD Chicago last year, but with a family all real life things I went for the UK instead. A little less time-consuming.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRN View Post
    I was seriously considering GD Chicago last year, but with a family all real life things I went for the UK instead. A little less time-consuming.
    Aw man, let us know what catagories you're going to enter so i can avoid entering myself You've gotta give me some chance!

    I look forward to seeing this model completed

  20. #20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Privacy Policy  |   Terms and Conditions  |   Contact Us  |   The Legion


Copyright © 2001-2018 CMON Inc.

-->