Mechamarines!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechamarines!

Default Mechamarines!

Feel free to do the regular bash. I think I'm going to go for 'Cool, but no...'

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

Blog Entries

Two sets of armor, but the head is still exposed. Yay!

Although I think that this newest theft by GW of another popular IP (what's next pokemon?!) is craptastic, I have to hope that the new army codex for the Grey Knights nerfs them into line with the current iteration of 40k.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    Although I think that this newest theft by GW of another popular IP.
    I'll have you know they don't steal anyones ideas, it just happens to be a complete coincidence that everything they make looks like someones elses ideas.

I actually really like this, I think it would be much more appropriate for imperial guard though. Why do Marines need these, when they kick ass anyway, and have dreadnaughts to boot.

heavey gear meets 40k penitent engine, not so sure about this, and for gods sake put a helmet on!!! doh!
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Not so sure it's IP theft to use open mechs though, it's more pop culture. Avatar, Aliens, Matrix and a shitload of Japanese cartoons use them to poke at a few.
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

here you go, helmet: this is a 103 piece plastic kit

wow, what a load of rubbish, thought it was a kitbash. could be very useful for parts though

any idea how much?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

I agree that it looks like it should be an IG item, but that would be WAY too similar to "Avatar", and the Uber-beardy-cheesiness of the GK fits the mold better anyway. I have fought against them as renegade IG, Eldar, and Dark Eldar, and the bastards just DON'T DIE!!

I semi like it, but, isn't there like a something missing in the diaper?

The marine looks like he has no netherregion at all.

Just a big diaper... and two legs dangling down.. if they fixed that it's ok imho...

It sells for £33

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    Aegis - Victor - Terra - Mortis = Protect - Victory - Earth - Deadly
    Does this mean "Protect Earth from Deadly Victory"?
    Or
    Protect Victory from Deadly Earth?

i dont see this as a bad model at all. in fact the ability to change the position of the hands and legs and torso could make this a very, VERY fun kit. loook at the wraith lord kit, which by itself is quite bleh, but when joints are cut, it turns out with win! same thing here. of course im gonna put five grots into the cockpit and have them standing on each others shoulders. hehe
    Brushlicking is the miniature painting equivalent of a rock'n'roll life-style!

Here is my ranking:

Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    of course im gonna put five grots into the cockpit and have them standing on each others shoulders. hehe
    I can't WAIT to see that!!

Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    i dont see this as a bad model at all. in fact the ability to change the position of the hands and legs and torso could make this a very, VERY fun kit. loook at the wraith lord kit, which by itself is quite bleh, but when joints are cut, it turns out with win! same thing here. of course im gonna put five grots into the cockpit and have them standing on each others shoulders. hehe
    I agree completely, somehow it just doesn't feel space marine or even grey knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome View Post
    I agree completely, somehow it just doesn't feel space marine or even grey knight.
    And the feet look like Tau Mechs.

I think they are sliding it in as a comparison with the penitent engine of the sisters.
    Daemonhunters/Witchhunters
    If they have one, we get one kind of thing.

just noticed, kinda cute how it says "Titan" on the diaper.

Looks a bit like a pile of greeble. I made a quick PS edit.

Quote Originally Posted by JesterzUSMC View Post
    I agree that it looks like it should be an IG item, but that would be WAY too similar to "Avatar", and the Uber-beardy-cheesiness of the GK fits the mold better anyway. I have fought against them as renegade IG, Eldar, and Dark Eldar, and the bastards just DON'T DIE!!
    Way too similar to Avatar?

Open model mechanized suits were used way before Avatar. Even recent stuff like Appleseed, with their Landmates. Older stuff, like Aliens, even has open model exoskeletons. Hell, exoskeletons and their many different designs could probably be traced back to the 40's or maybe even the 30's. It's not a new idea by a long shot. This is a far cry from an IP issue, and closer to a bandwagon issue.
    Last edited by IdofEntity; 03-09-2011 at 01:18 PM.
    Nosus decipio - We Cheat

I do know that there is one in a Modesty Blaise comic, that's for certain. So no, the idea isn't new. Still, who knows. With a bit of work, I might have an ammo loader...