Random ruins

Thread: Random ruins

Default Random ruins

Hey all. My new project:
    Some ruins.

I was itching to build something without even thinking of what it might be. So, I figured these spare terrain stuff would make excellent ruins.

Without thinking of a concept and just grabbing the foam and other stuff, I slapped it on and threw woodglue on it. Forgot something: The pieces weren't glued in place.
    Instead of trying to save everything, I throwed on more woodglue and placed the terrain on some other places. Win!

There was wood glue everywhere so I decided to throw even more on and scrub it out a little over the board and the ruins itself. Without even being amazed by this foolish work, I threw on spare foam pieces I got while carving out other pieces of foam for other projects (long time back).

Ohnoz! Not everythign was covering it well, so I grabbed the sand, cork and smaller rocks and splashed it on. A layer of very watered down pva-glue (scenic cement) and another layer of sand and I hope everythign will stick together.

Now waiting for everything to dry up and cover it up with another layer of scenic cement and hoping it wont fall apart when I prime and paint it.

4 WIP collages. First one is before actual highlighting (just priming with several primers colors).
    Second one is with a bit of adjustments + my other terrain.
    Third one is with highlights ready for basing. Then my camera died

Flockage has begun! Damn you woodglue... taking so long to harden.
    Quote Originally Posted by uberdark View Post
    i prefer to get two miniatures and rub them around on my gaming bobos.
    Totally going for #1 -->

look great so far
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

My goodness, that is very well done. Lots of work...I'm sure.

I like the pink building. Is it some kind of Slaaneshi Marine Chapterhouse? It could use a little bit of weathering though.

really impressed by this amazing job, awe hearts, bless. the ruins are good too lol
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

HAha, my dad made it for me for 'Sinterklaas', a dutch tradition/celebration where we draw straws and everyone makes and buys something for one other so everyone gets something.
    I built the wall for my sis (in the pic with the lighthouse) because she likes mountain climbing and such. My dad made me a pink candy-house where me and my girlfriend are going to live in:P Because we're looking into living together, so that's why he made that.

As for the rest; not many hours spend into this so far. I don't keep track of the time but I think between the actual build and before basing, it took me around 5 hours or so. That's because I already had the terrain pieces.

Updates coming when my camera's battery is working again!
    Totally going for #1 -->

looks good! did you use airbrush or is the whole piece painted by hand?

Cheers guys!
    The piece was first sprayed with scenic cement (from Woodland Scenics) and then primed black with a cheap-arse glossy black spray can I have. Then I used the Army painter Camo Green and Bone White here and there. After some trying and failing, I took my (expensive) vallejo grey primer and sprayed it on here and there, then used the Army Painter spray cans again.
    Added some highlights here and there with a gigantic drybrush and after that, I mixed up Vallejo's Smokey Ink and Reaper's Brick Red and watered it down a hell of a lot and brushed it on some places to get the brown-ish tone.

Another light drybrush later and it was painted
    Totally going for #1 -->

Totally going for #1 -->