Jetfire's recent Ultramarines - Librarian in Terminator armour and MkII Veterans

Thread: Jetfire's recent Ultramarines - Librarian in Terminator armour and MkII Veterans

Default Jetfire's recent Ultramarines - Librarian in Terminator armour and MkII Veterans

Hi Folks,

It's been a little while since I've posted anything and the painting has been going a little slowly recently. Still, I have completed a Librarian in Terminator and a squad of MkII Veterans to go with my Ultramarines. I've tried to work a little more on making the blue armour appear less flat and have tried with some paint chips to add a bit of interest.

Anyway, comments and critique welcome to help me improve so that I can make my future Vanguard look outstanding.
    Last edited by JetfireUK; 03-13-2011 at 05:31 PM.

I really like the way the white helmets came out. I think the blue could use some deepening in color in some of the recesses. It looks a bit flat in spots.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I think that adding depth is one of my next steps.

agrees about the blue. doesnt quite have the depth of the rest of the models but it might be the picture.
    i would add some shadows though
    one caveat is the very nice freehand on the lib doesnt quite make it on the back of the loin clothe
    and the golds could use a wash or two(particularly on the banner top and knee termie symbol)
    you have a very steady hand for the checks and the ultra symbol (the freehand is awesome)
    Now doing commissions! PM me for details.
    wanted: any plastic models from the screamingbell/Plague furnace. PM if you have any.

Plus, I love the avatar you are using....Makes me feel like I'm talking to myself. LOL