photo editing using GIMP help please

Thread: photo editing using GIMP help please

Default photo editing using GIMP help please

Hi, I've just downloaded GIMP as recommended in this article http://www.coolminiornot.com/articles/1724 so i can put some images on here, all seems to be going well, but i cant arrange my photo's one under the other. Can anyone help me please ?

I can get a new sized canvas, but when i copy it into the top area, it bounces into the middle of the area and wont move to the top, so i can get the back view below it.

OK, panic over I've sussed it out, (embarrased face)

Please delete this post
    Last edited by Baylien; 03-21-2011 at 04:54 PM.

I like to request some advance tutorial on GIMP mainly creating the bluewhite carpet used as background on most photos.
    How do i make it in GIMP and how do i place my miniature on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Erikjust View Post
    I like to request some advance tutorial on GIMP mainly creating the bluewhite carpet used as background on most photos.
    How do i make it in GIMP and how do i place my miniature on it?
    New document, use A4 template.
    Create a gradient going from blue to white using the blend tool (it uses your current fg colour and bg colour colours). Just simply drag a line straight down from the top and stop at the middle (if your fg, or foreground/top colour is the blue).
    Print it out with a good colour printer.
    Prop it up against something with blue part up and get some good lighting in (look at the plentiful tutorials on making a good setup).
    Place miniature on white part of paper.
    Take photo.
    Yay.

Here's a hexadecimal ("html notation" as the program stupidly calls it) for a nice blue: 3786c1
    Last edited by Garshnak; 03-22-2011 at 10:29 AM.