Nice to find real customer service for a change.

Thread: Nice to find real customer service for a change.

Coffin Dodger / Keymaster airhead's Avatar

Default Nice to find real customer service for a change.

I bought a Dremel Trio on the return/discount shelf at Home Depot. Looked like the store demo model or one someone bought, used once and returned. Not bad shape, but not clean either. No bits, but I've got a lot of Dremel bits. At about half price, I cannot pass it up.

Get it home and realize there is no collet in it either. OK. Put in collet from another multi-tool and .... it doesn't work....the collet goes all the way down.

Time to read the manual.

Trio is not interchangeable with other multi-tools. Trio specific bits (part number TR....)

Replacement collet is not a part that is on the rack of bits and accessories.

Off to Dremel's site to order one.... Not there either.....

Fired off an email to customer service asking for a part number so I can order one.

They are sending me one at no charge - collet, nut and wrench set. SWEET.
    My Favorites
    I'm at and falling.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

Yes, it's nice to see a company willing to comp a customer fifty cents worth of parts, rather than the common practice of pissing them off just to squeeze out a few more bucks of profit. Sadly this is increasingly rare.

Reminds me of when I called Logitech because I had a key loose on my keyboard. Now, it might be worth mentioning that this keyboard retails for roughly £130, I asked them for a pack of replacement keys and they sent me an entire brand new keyboard, free of charge and I didn't have to return my old one which, apart from one annoying key, works perfectly well.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    The secret? Practice, and a desire to get better. A little talent goes a long way, but as long as you're open to advice, you can do amazing things.

good to hear boys
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/freak-in-a-cage/freakinacage-1.jpg

Blog Entries

Sweet!
    About 2-3 days ago a friend told me Pearl Jam were playing in glasgow, we were amped so she got tickets for us both. Turns out it wasn't Pearl Jam, it was Pearl JEM, a big tribute band. Said it was Pearl Jam on the site, full band bio, everything, so we're pissed. She mails the site and demands the money back thinking she won't see a return...They returned the ticket price and the booking fee and let her keep the tickets! Bonus!
    Neither of us thought they'd even give the booking fee back =D So yeah, free gig!
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

Good to hear all this positive feedback. I recently bought an HP laptop, then a month later the hard drive failed. So I called the help desk, they shipped me a new HD and a set of disks. So I was happy until the disks didn't work. I called back and after a little bit of hassle (getting hung up on and transfered to the wrong countries helpdesk 3 times) they sent me a set of replacement disks...which worked to reinstall windows and such. Not the greatest or most pleasant experience but they stood by their warranty and overall I'm happy.

Oh, and, I just saw the Heresy Ghouls (a couple weeks ago) and HAD to buy every one of them, including the football guy (plus a few dark and mysterious extras, wearwolf and sorcerors, apprentice). Anyway, package came quick as a bee with a handwritten note from the guy who packaged it, just wishing me well and the other thing that really got me all warm and fuzzy inside was a free piece of candy! I figured it was ok to accept it because there was no weird old guy giving it to me, it was in a box and I was alone. It was good. I smiled while I ate it. No problem with the order, just nice to see a personal touch. Appreciation for a customer is so rare.

Blog Entries

Yeah Andy at Heresy is a top bloke. Always takes time to write a thanks when he ships out and a sweetie! True appreciation.
    I have a cunning plan...So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a Weasel...

I got a sucker with my order.
    And MiniWargaming sends a pack of Mike'n'Ikes...LOL.

Nice touch, a tad creepy the first time, but after the initial media fed paranoia fades away, it's a top notch thank you!

Blog Entries

I didn't get a sweet with my heresy order, but I got a thanks note. So I ate it just to spite him. Tasty paper Andy.

dfb

My Gallery Here

CMON Rank: Will paint for Jelly Beans...

One time I had ordered this hooker for a big party. Hooker showed up, we had a great time, and needless to say a night I'll never forget.

In the morning, I went into the bathroom, and there was the hooker STANDING up and peeing. I didn't order a GUY!!!

I was pissed, so I called customer service.

They promptly gave me a 5 percent discount, and a complimentary penicillin shot!

Now THAT's service!

Bought a little toy submarine (to go with the real, full sized Ohio class I have). The thing didn't work. Took it back to the toy store with no recipt and the store owner simply gave me another. I had the defective one with me and he didn't even need me to give it back. How pleasent.
    Surrealism: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by airhead View Post
    Nice to find real customer service for a change.
    I agree it is nice to find real good customer service.
    I've always found it with Hasslefree, Heresy, Freebooter and a couple of other mini addiction suppliers.

BUT as a customer, I believe its equally as important to treat the people on the service side of the counter with the same respect I would like to get.
    Doesn't cost me anything, and sometimes it helps them get through an otherwise cruddy day.
    I believe in Karma, what you give, is what you get returned. Affirmation; Savage Garden
    Oh look my IQ results came in:-
    , and proud of it.

Official Freak Bar Witch wiccanpony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsreach View Post
    I agree it is nice to find real good customer service.
    I've always found it with Hasslefree, Heresy, Freebooter and a couple of other mini addiction suppliers.

BUT as a customer, I believe its equally as important to treat the people on the service side of the counter with the same respect I would like to get.

Doesn't cost me anything, and sometimes it helps them get through an otherwise cruddy day.
    yes, "please and thank you" goes a long ways
    " So remember that, when they're beating your ass with a metal shovel while you're dressed as Little Bo Peep - it's not deviant...it's art.