TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 75
Page 75 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Very nice! I like the color choice and the ornaments on the cloak and the trousers. Great work so far!

Thanks!

I admit, I copped out a bit on the blade. Tried NMM and it didn't work, tried TMM and it didn't work, and I was getting close to having to strip the blade and re-prime it. So I think this is it. She just needs a base.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Looking good I reckon. The patterns on the clothes are awesome. May I ask, how have you done her hair?

Coat with black, give it a layer or two of coal black, a nice black wash, and then hit the high spots again with coal black. Back and forth really.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Very nice, the caolour all work well. I would put a silver edge highlight on the blade.
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Well I started in on a base for Wu Ling, though I'm not sure if I like the way it turned out or not. I'll have pics a bit later, once I fiddle with it some more.

Draznicht is close - just the backpack, a few hoses, and a holster to go. (and a base)
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Just browsed a bit through your thread and projects. Though everything is great work and paint job, I especially like that Minotaur Ahnamoth, Wu Ling (that freehand on her cloak is awesome), that Vulkan on the lava flow (that dark blue background on the pics intensifies that hot flamy atmosphere greatly), the old termie librarian (not at least once again the freehand job on his staff), or that winged Priestess from page 56 - just great how you catched that nightmarish ambience Just to mention a few of them...
    Going voting now for those I can find the links for.

Keep on that good work
    Subscribed.

Thanks Dun - though I can't claim credit for the staff on the librarian. The "patterns" are actually sculpted on.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I like the pattern you've done on Wu Ling. That sculpt is definitely crying out for free hand work on the clothing. For my own amusement I'm picturing you putting her on the same base with Draznicht. I think they'd make a nice pair.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey03 View Post
    I like the pattern you've done on Wu Ling. That sculpt is definitely crying out for free hand work on the clothing. For my own amusement I'm picturing you putting her on the same base with Draznicht. I think they'd make a nice pair.
    The pattern looks nice, just need to highlite and shadow it now.

I agree with Bailey, putting these two on the same base would be really cool.

Well I scrapped my original base idea, but I think this works. Wu Ling is done. On to Maelee!
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/331136

Oh - and as for Draznicht and Wu Ling facing off - can't do it, as Draznicht isn't mine. But they ran into each other on their way to, well, wherever they were headed. It was a tense moment!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

That base creates a nice atmosphere all the same. Though you have some Bonsai trimming to do on some of the stray tree fibers As for the face off: That poor bastard. Never pick a fight with a Lady in pink jammies -_-
    "Remember, you can't spell paint without a little pain."

Blog: almostperftec.blogspot.ca
    Instagram: almost_zab
    DeviantArt Handle: AlmostZab
    Art Amino Handle: Almost Perftec Painting
    P&P: Neil Szabo

Fantastic! You are on a roll.

Moe
    "I was too distracted by the ladies to be scared of your bear. That is the second weirdest sentence I have ever typed on this site o_O"- Zab

"Paint flavored coffee is the bestest!"-me

Brush Brother Moetle

Take a peek you might learn something or teach me something :-)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/forums/...tic-Wonderland

I really like her sword, but from my standpoint it seems she is picking a fight and maybe, just maybe....... forgetting that it is still sheathed?......

Name:  Katana.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  37.5 KB

I am Kit Rae and I approve this message:

Name:  KitRae.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  49.2 KB

Haven't you ever watched anime? True badasses don't need to unsheathe their swords.
    Besides - where's my standard bearer? lol
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Haven't you ever watched anime? True badasses don't need to unsheathe their swords.
    Besides - where's my standard bearer? lol
    Sorry - I really could not hear you over the awesomeness of this mini that kept saying un' package me! Maybe this was the "Standard Bearer" you are looking for??....

Name:  SAM_0211.JPG
Views: 231
Size:  65.9 KB

So it's been quiet around here, and I apologize. It's not that I've lost my painting mojo, thank goodness. My weekend was chock full of non-hobby stuff (well non-painting at least), and on top of that I haven't been able to get any painting done at work because the buggers decided to turn the AC off in the evenings. So by the time I come in to the office it's like 85 degrees inside. Not only does that make the paint dry fast, but it makes it really hard to even stay awake. So tonight I brought in a desk fan, and resolved to at least get SOME paint down.

It's just basecoating on the backpack, but at least it's progress. I may need some suggestions on the bolter and clip though - not sure what color(s) to make them.

And as a bonus - how many of you guys know what these are?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Reminds me of Makers Mark. Never seen anything like that label in Oz. A beverage, alcoholic? Alcoholic beverages and painting never mix in my experience. .. shame.

Quote Originally Posted by RayzrYR View Post
    Alcoholic beverages and painting never mix in my experience. .. shame.
    Oh I don't know about that. I remember waking up on Boxing day morning to the shock of my life finding a fully painted greater demon sat about 3 inches from my head. A little too "impressionist" for my tastes, but it makes a change for me to actually finish anything in a day.