TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 79
Page 79 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2168

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Looking good. And, as Milosh said, the pin-up on the base is a nice touch.

Well I didn't get pics of Sally yet, but here's one of a few of the DV cultists. There's 20 in the box, and this is the first time I've worked on multiple minis at the same time. Not going for insane detail, but I want them to stay consistent with the Hellbrute and Draznicht.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Looking great, now less pics and more production! Chop, Chop@

Some work on the Prowler tonight. Elly suggested I stay with the khaki instead of going ivory, and I think it's a good look. I'll make the turban white.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I love that Prowler. Miniature mentor has inspired me to paint it and massively inflated the price on Ebay. Anyone got a spare and want good but not ridiculous money??

I like the dark skin.....are you going to take the contrast further with highlights?

Cheers
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Will - eBay is where I got mine. A few years ago, granted (it was primed in some of the first pics WIP pics I put up in 2011). I've gotten other Wolfen since then, but this one is my favorite.

As for contrast, I really need to get a few good camera shots and see if I need to still push (probably). A lot of people have been bringing up the contrast on the skin/fur.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

looking good.

contrast on the left leg looks good to me (maybe a bit more on the knee, but that's all)

Also this black, highlighted towards blues looks really good, I might have to steal the idea

Personally, I would throw the eyes in before doing further skin highlighting. And good choice with the robes. The shading on the Khaki made a heck of a difference.

This Wolfen is a nice mini, and it was my first video tutorial I tried... Then I found one too and painted one in the exact same colors that the Miniature mentor one. I have sent it to Werwolf (the French guy doing the video) with a big thanks because this mini with the video helped me a lot!

@Tristan, same than everyone, the color scheme is super contrasted, will the skin be more highlighted? I really like the cloak.

Thanks guys.
    Boubi - your prowler is one of the ones that got me so interested in painting the guy in the first place.

Here's some better (closer to in hand) pics:

I also visited with Mikatu a bit and got some basecoating done on another Chaos marine:

Lastly - there is a thread over on the Reaper forums where people post their first minis. I can't say for certain this is my first (it was over 20 years ago), but it's close. Note the lack of primer...

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

that prowler is really nice, love the color choices! now, you must only find a way to make the head more interesting, focal point. red glowing eyes had been my choice

i love these first mini pictures!

LOL lack of primer noted, I to love these old mini picts I even submitted my first mini in the gallery - its on 3.8 lol
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ball View Post
    LOL lack of primer noted, I to love these old mini picts I even submitted my first mini in the gallery - its on 3.8 lol
    LOL I actually have to retake the pic for my first mini. it was actually the cannon from the GW EPIC Squats army. I showed to Trystan yesterday. Truthfully, until earlier last year I never primed Bad me!

Finally some time to work.
    The hood ended up a little closer to the robe than I had initially desired, but I think it works. I also went ahead and added another level of highlight to the black.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

robes look great, really like the skin tones too very black panther styling
    Wargames Terrain Workshop
    Home of High Quality Gaming boards, Scenery and Miniature Sculpting

Contact us @ wargamesterrainworkshop@yahoo.co.uk

Yes that's what I was thinking - a Panther - very moody looking. Looks great!
    "we reach for the stars, forever looking to the heavens, our minds filled with wonder and the glory of the cosmic all; stretching the boundries of human knowledge and securing the solar system for the Human Species out there beyond the final frontier so one day our decendants will be as gods!
    You hold our hands so we don't blunder into things........and do the photo shop.
    "
    . Andyg

Quote Originally Posted by 10 ball View Post
    Yes that's what I was thinking - a Panther - very moody looking. Looks great!
    Then I've succeeded, since that was my inspiration
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Started in on the nodachi and scabbard. I may freehand a little gold dragon on it. or maybe not.

I toyed with the idea of turn his headwrap into a black/white or red/white keffiya, but decided not to because trying to get that pattern around all the ripples and folds makes my head hurt. It would be an interesting mix of Middle Eastern and Asian style if I did though.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Sweet! He's looking great! Here's something for you to chew on. On the areas where there is very little fur mostly skin, try highlighting it up to a human colored flesh tone. Don't force it or anything but let that be your counter. It's a Jen Haley trick and helps realism as well as be a nice counter to the color scheme you've got going.

Kath - that's right. I had forgotten about that trick. I know how the wolfen are sculpted, but in my mind they are all fur. So he's got a sleek coat like a panther, not a skin and fur effect like a poodle. So I'd have to highlight it all with flesh tones. Hmm.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460