TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 26
Page 26 of 109 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

glad you lot had a good time! some of us have to work for a living and cant go swanning about willie nillie, oops im retired so no i dont well er thats ok then.
    glad you lot had a fun day where's the winners lists?
    LAAARRFF, I SPLIT MY SIDES!!

cassar [demigod] |ˈdemēˌgäd|
    noun ( fem. demigoddess |ˈdemēˌgädis| )
    a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.
    • a person who is greatly admired or feared.
    ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: translating Latin semideus .

on a serious note, i do commissions, no really i do, ask and ye shall receive

Maybe next year I can actually enter something, and not feel like such a poser LOL.
    Don't blame the painting speed, blame the Robo-Geishas! That's all I'm sayin! Time to get with Jeff and set a paint club time. Never too early to start up again!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrescher View Post
    Don't blame the painting speed, blame the Robo-Geishas! That's all I'm sayin! Time to get with Jeff and set a paint club time. Never too early to start up again!
    Haha if you haven't started on next year yet, you're falling behind! I've already demolish-, er, started converting, an entry for next year.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. I put some more paint on the chaos knight, but it was just basecoating the rest of the chainmail, so no pics. I'll get you all some pretty shots tomorrow, when I have something to show. Haha.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Oh yeah -

And I ordered my own Terrorgeist today. Yay!

Also - pewter and dremels don't play well. Looks like a full sculpt for next year. Double yay!
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Cassar's marine was a rock star. I definitely want to get him painted and sneak him into the demon case next year.
    Sadly, entering a Cassar sculpt is a big no-no on GW events. Rules stipulate that if you enter sculpted thing, the sculpt has to be made by the same person that painted and entered it. no third party stuff allowed. (I asked the GW guys because I was interested in entering the large termy in next year's Lowlands competition)
    Large Blood Angels Terminator
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Quote Originally Posted by Meph View Post
    Sadly, entering a Cassar sculpt is a big no-no on GW events. Rules stipulate that if you enter sculpted thing, the sculpt has to be made by the same person that painted and entered it. no third party stuff allowed. (I asked the GW guys because I was interested in entering the large termy in next year's Lowlands competition)
    i dunno i think you might get away with that Meph you've done "extensive" modifications after all , just like doing a conversion. i wont tell if you dont.

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

Ah yes, I added some brass on the mini, and a lot of finger skin. I almost turned that thing into an organic sculpt.
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project
    -"Alien fart bubbles. It's all one needs in life to find direction and motivation."- Digganob

Oh no - I wasn't going to enter it. Just sneak it into a display case next to Elly's stuff LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

LOL, now thère's some trolling for ya! Put a bigger mini right in front of his! >:-D
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

lol .

So I finished the chainmail, and started work on the cloak. I think I've come upon a way to paint the cloak that acknowledges the fact that it's different flags, without ending up with a rainbow.

I also lost power last night, and have yet to get it back. Hence, the lack of pictures.

Here's where you guys come in. His armor - I need suggestions. I'm not really fond of doing a nmm silver/steel, but it seems red evokes Khorne, and green evokes Nurgle. Considering this isn't a Warhammer figure, I'm trying to avoid those obvious connections.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Still haven't figured out the armor color, although I am leaning towards a dark grey or black.

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Hmmm, a dark grey perhaps?
    FW Space Marine
    Blood Angel Army Project

So Elly wants to go to the local GW store to get some paint. I decide, having nothing better to do, to go along.

He gets his paint, and the Island of Blood box. Apparently we're going to start playing fantasy battle!

Now I have two choices of army - Tomb Kings (hellooo necrosphinx), or Vampire Counts (guten tag, terrorgeist).

It was a tough call, but:

I couldn't paint an entire army of skeletons LOL.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

YYYYEEEAAHHH!! I am super excited to start playing. High Elves of course!!! In all NMM! Just kidding - I would actually like to play with a painted army BEFORE 2016 or so......
    My Rank -

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    YYYYEEEAAHHH!! I am super excited to start playing. High Elves of course!!! In all NMM! Just kidding - I would actually like to play with a painted army BEFORE 2016 or so......
    Good luck! You should have wnet for the good army, Skaven. Those evil Elves are just like a group of soldiers from the 1930s...

Anyway, WHFB is a fun game, very different from 40K, you will find that the winner isn't decided by who goes first!

So walking into a GW store is very detrimental to my wallet's health. I went there to pick up my Vampire Counts codex. I got into a discussion with one of the guys there about the army.

I walked out with:
    My codex (paid for)
    2x Crypt Ghoul Boxes
    1x Grave Guard Box
    1x Finecast Vlad Von Carstein
    1x Cairn Wraith

At least I have an army now LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I know that feeling mate. My unpainted list is growing rapidly atm :-) Enjoy, you only live once!
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

That place in the US, you know the one. The one with the trees and rocks.

You gotta have Ghouls, they are awesome, both in terms of the game(apparently, I can't back up that claim, just what I heard) and in terms of the minis themselves.