TrystanGST's WIP thread - Page 31
Page 31 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: TrystanGST's WIP thread

Airbrush? Pah.

That's for cass-sized maximinis.

This is pure brush magic. Or it will be LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460
    You are ranked 1351 out of 9441 artists.

Quote Originally Posted by TrystanGST View Post
    Maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't really get what's going on in that pinup model. I looked on Andreas site and there's a dog that is tugging at her, but she has groceries and her panties are down? Was she popping a squat in the park because she couldn't make it to the bathroom?
    It's a great model, as usual per Andrea, but I just wanna know whats going on! hehehehehe

Sooooooooo Tryst.... Cang is done right? Stop holding out on us!
    My Rank -

Quote Originally Posted by Elly3438 View Post
    Maybe I'm just dumb, but I don't really get what's going on in that pinup model. I looked on Andreas site and there's a dog that is tugging at her, but she has groceries and her panties are down? Was she popping a squat in the park because she couldn't make it to the bathroom?
    It's a great model, as usual per Andrea, but I just wanna know whats going on! hehehehehe

Sooooooooo Tryst.... Cang is done right? Stop holding out on us!
    Don't think on it too hard. I tried to figure it out, and all I got was a headache.

I mean, who walks a dog, with a bagful of gorceries, and decides to make a potty stop behind a tree on a windy day? Especially if they're a female?
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Its not her panties...its the dogs leash thats wrapped around her legs and it makes her stumble

And Trystan...take notes when u paint, because i will be...so stop stalling and start painting

Quote Originally Posted by marjedi View Post
    Its not her panties...its the dogs leash thats wrapped around her legs and it makes her stumble

And Trystan...take notes when u paint, because i will be...so stop stalling and start painting
    Mar - the leash is up around her knees.

Her undergarments are indeed at her ankles.

Last edited by TrystanGST; 09-10-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Not sure if I'm going to do an article, but I can try to document the process.
    First thing I learned - at this size (and all sizes really) surface prep is king. no mold lines, no gaps, no rough spots. Once you prime, they'll become OBVIOUS.
    Second thing I learned - getting a smooth primer coat is also really important. And harder than I thought. Again, thin paint won't hide your mistakes.
    Which leads me to my thrid thing - it takes several thin coats to get a smooth, strokeless cover. And there's a lot of surface area. So take your time, and look around to make sure you've got a good base coat.

As you can see, I goofed on at least number two, if not number one. But I'm not going to strip and redo, so I'll keep going and see if I can at least camoflage some of it.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

I can see what you mean. What skin colors are you using, looks good

So far it's just a base coat of P3's midlund flesh. It's actually a bit more of a bronze/copper tone than you see in the pic. But as I shade it up it will get a lot lighter.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Oh cool, dont think i ever tried p3 paints. But thx for the tip

heh - you guys are too funny.

Trys - the problems that arise on the small minis are going to be magnified exponentially on a larger one. Your best bet? Get some of the Vallejo brush on primer. When you trip over a seam, remove it then apply the brush on primer and keep on truckin'. Gesso will work in a pinch but you really and I mean REALLY have to thin it and apply in several coats if the area is larger than the bristles of a 4/0 brush.

Your next situation will probably be the blends, remember what armornv went through, it's not the colors but the range of the transition.

Hope that helps!

I painted a 1:6 scale anime figurine a few years back, and fought to get the blend correct. I really want to paint a pinup, but my blending skills are not good and i havnt done any in a looong time. Andrea miniatures models are finely cast, so im worried that ill muck it up

God I haven't wanted to paint this much since I picked up my brush in April. But I have company coming over for the season opener, so the word of the day has been deep cleaning ><

Anyways, I am sneaking in painting where I can. Here I've put the first shadow down, a mix of P3 midlund flesh and P3 sanguine base. I tried using tallarn flesh, but some paints have a nast habit of separating when diluted (I've seen it with GW's tallarn flesh and come to think of it, P3's greatcoat grey). I'm doing things a little differently than I have before, but I credit that to some of the tips I've picked up from watching Jen Haley's dvd.

Back to cleaning. Grrrr.
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Shadows done. Will work on the highlights, but not until Monday probably

Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

Wellps, judging from the pics it's coming along well so far! Keep it up And btw that Zombies game was hella fun tonight!! YeeeeaaarrrrrrGGGG!!!
    My Rank -

Very nice...so far so good

Cheeky Minx! Good work trystan, looking forward to seeing this progress. What colour on the stockings??

Cheers
    Will
    Join me as I try to place as a finalist at Golden Demon http://willsinnerdemon.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Willdorling View Post
    Cheeky Minx! Good work trystan, looking forward to seeing this progress. What colour on the stockings??

Cheers
    Will
    Sheer, of course. Not that I have any experience with that LOL
    Proud owner of a Cassar!

#1378/9460

stevey293

Yeah yeah...

Broke n English

Skin tones are stunning What a strange figure though.